• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

bairds

craig12

anyone used bairds for coins, im thinking of grabbing a 2 rand coin , it seems such a faf about 

£75 deposit by card to secure price , then rest by bank transfer , as i dont do on line banking i just hope their bank is one local to me ,  i wouldnt normally pick bairds but i dont see many uk dealers doing the 2 rand coin , atkinsons did have some but not any more

Craig, be warned, their bank is Coutts so don't know about the chance of a local branch :)

A lot of faffing as you say.

Has anyone ordered with them, and managed to do the second deal without the pre-payment, now that you are a previous customer?

Currently stacking 1/4 oz (22ct) and Sovs.

Craig, be warned, their bank is Coutts so don't know about the chance of a local branch :)

A lot of faffing as you say.

Has anyone ordered with them, and managed to do the second deal without the pre-payment, now that you are a previous customer?

never heard of that bank

The Queen banks there (Coutts, that is, not Bairds), that's the sort of clientele you're talking about. Doesn't matter though, you can still send them a payment by BACS. 

Craig if you have managed to master the forum, then online banking will be just as easy; you need to embrace new technology, not fear it.

Having said that, Baird is a faff - it would be much easier if it was just one payment method, but for those willing to chase down the cheapest price to a £1 or so, is that extra 2 minutes really such a bother?

When I was at Grammar school aged about 15 , I wanted to work in a merchant bank for some reason, (One of the reasons I did Economics A level). I applied to Coutts to do work experience. Buggers never replied to the schools letter, so I ended up in the local branch of Barclays If I remember rightly. 

Craig all banks do online banking now, or telephone banking, First Direct I have heard are good for telephone banking if you don't fancy internet banking. 

Why don't you do Internet Banking Craig?

I only know of one other person who refuses to bank this way and that's because he's a cryptographer  

Archived