• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver drops below 12 pound

Youngsliver90

I believe there are a few factors in play here.

1,  Currency war with Russia over Ukraine  

2   Falling gold prices gives confidence for fiat currencies

3   A low gold price helps bullion banks close on there shorts  (only Morgan Stanley are long Gold).

4  Currency war with BRICS 

5  Have the West got all the physical gold stated, the Bullion Banks may settle in paper so driving the price down suits this purpose

6  Maybe china, easier and cheaper to short a market and then buy physical, than to let the price get to high.

I wonder how silver will open tonight, I'm expecting it to jump above £12 and then drop back down by close.

This week is going to be quite turbulent for the PM market. Lots of data coming out of USA. Possible large movements on Wednesday (US Factory Order data and Non-Farm Employment Change data) culminating in US Non-farm Payrolls on Friday.

Most pundits say prices could go anywhere this week and trends may then be set - i.e. whether we are in a bull or bear market.

It does seem to be conventional wisdom that Precious Metals tend to suffer from around May - August (I haven't checked the charts to confirm this) - but if true, then there could be some excellent buying opportunities ahead.

I'm being cautious this week to see where we are heading!

• Founder & Administrator

I have a couple of planned purchases in about a week or so. So I am hoping silver is at the same level or lower then.

A continued bear market would be nice, but I don't think silver can go much lower for much longer. But lets hope.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I'm impressed how well silver has held up in the past week or so compared to gold (down just under 2% as opposed to a little over 3%) Short-term, the market manipulators will win, but its not sustainable for ever.

Although silver is strengthening a little today I still have the thought that it could be pushed below the $19 level and even perhaps down as far as $17.50. In the overall scheme of things this is still relatively insignificant taking a 5 - 10 year view. 

I'm watching out, at present for any recent mine successes which could increase the supply further. Ironically, should silver fall to as low as $15, this will cause the 'pure silver mines' to eventually close after a year or two, thereby having a significant 'upside in the silver price' - but that is perhaps too hopeful.

Geo-politically, the Europeans are falling over themselves to attract China's trade so I'm not convinced sanctions on Russia will increase that dramatically, as i will cause a closer bond between China and Russia with Europe suffering 'gas supply' issues. Therefore the precious metals may fall further. As I mentioned earlier, this week will prove quite revealing I believe.

Archived