• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

I am leaving the world of Silver Stacking..............

HighlandTiger

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was in my original post, so I haven't deviated from it. My PM budget will allow me to buy 250oz of silver a year, without making much of a dent in my overall spend on gold. But we all have our budgets that we need to stick to. Some people like Ares, who is a student, has a small budget at the moment, which is understandable, Keithoil is currently earning more than the Sheiks of Dubai, so is able to spend a little bit more. I'm somewhere in the middle. But you certainly couldn't call me a silver stacker...... :D  

Wow you must be spending heavily on gold then if buying 250 ozs of silver a year doesn't put much of a dent in your overall spend on gold.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Hey,

I read quickly over the full thread. My first thought after two sides i was thinking it is a wrong decision.

Now pete comes back with a bit changed strategie - good decision !

From my experiance i can say if you choose some balanced various sort and weight of silver you are as good as gold.

I am not as long in silver as some others but i am fine over the last 6 years with my decision.

With the strong up and down i am also fine because assorted silver like lunars, pandas and other low numismatic items are less volatile as ASE or Maples which are only following the POS.

Two years ago i need to reduce my stock because i needed cash and i had no ploblem to give silver back to the markets.

Only thing i have to add is that i am mainly active on the german markets, they differ a bit from US, UK and AU markets.

In the past germans had a lot of bad days with their money and maybe is deep inside them that we dont have as much trust in

fiat money as other nations. I still have some money from my grandfather with billions of marks printed on the paper and also some

silver money coins which still has a worth and easily can be sold.

What exactly do you call someone who is buying nearly 8kg of silver a year, for investment? 

In my opinion - "an optimist" unless it is all bought at or near the current lows.

What exactly do you call someone who is buying nearly 8kg of silver a year, for investment?

lol. I call them someone who has to take a risk because they only have 15 years to go to retirement and nothing in the bank to show for it. I still have nothing in the bank. But I do have lots of silver and gold that are worth something. :)

My PM budget will allow me to buy 250oz of silver a year, without making much of a dent in my overall spend on gold.

Now my aim is to use about 80-90% of my PM money on Gold and 10-20% on Silver. A drastic reduction from my 100% silver........ ;)  

I was thinking about this "I am leaving the world of silver stacking" thread. And apart from the very obvious observation that you have not done so, some other observations came to mind.

EG:  10% - 20% Of your budget goes on silver? Lets average that to 15% yeh?

250Oz per year target "without making much of a dent"!!! Wow! You must be so wealthy!!! I am so impressed!

250 Oz = 15% of your spend. 250 Oz at an average of £15 per ounce = £3,750

£3,750 = 15% of budget

Total budget = £25,000

Not a bad budget for someone who works part time on minimum wage and in fact has such a low income is in need of government tax credits:

I'm on tax credits**

I earn minimum wage, and because my paid job hours are seasonal, (work more hours in summer, less in winter), I am on tax credits myself...

It is also observable that looking at the Today I have bought/received threads that you have purchased nothing like that sort of volume of PMs - Gold or Silver. Nor have you uploaded a single picture of any of your purchases. Not one taken by yourself any way.

Now, these are just observations. There is no way I would presume to question you. I would never use words like "fabricate", "disingenuous" or "unrealistic" as they would be uncharitable.

I guess I must have misunderstood something along the way? :huh:

**I am sure there are those who would question why we are giving government hand outs to people who are just spending it on PM's. Surely that money should go to the poor and needy? Not me, I would never say that. Others might though. :rolleyes:

Shamatti

Regardless of whether your assumptions are correct or not, this post does not show you in a good light.

This is the type of post/e-mail many of us make, or think about sending in the digital age, and probably regret later.

Therefore, I would propose/ask that you please remove it.

Currently stacking 1/4 oz (22ct) and Sovs.

I was thinking about this "I am leaving the world of silver stacking" thread. And apart from the very obvious observation that you have not done so, some other observations came to mind.

EG:  10% - 20% Of your budget goes on silver? Lets average that to 15% yeh?

250Oz per year target "without making much of a dent"!!! Wow! You must be so wealthy!!! I am so impressed!

250 Oz = 15% of your spend. 250 Oz at an average of £15 per ounce = £3,750

£3,750 = 15% of budget

Total budget = £25,000

Not a bad budget for someone who works part time on minimum wage and in fact has such a low income is in need of government tax credits:

I'm on tax credits**

It is also observable that looking at the Today I have bought/received threads that you have purchased nothing like that sort of volume of PMs - Gold or Silver. Nor have you uploaded a single picture of any of your purchases. Not one taken by yourself any way.

Now, these are just observations. There is no way I would presume to question you. I would never use words like "fabricate", "disingenuous" or "unrealistic" as they would be uncharitable.

I guess I must have misunderstood something along the way? :huh:

**I am sure there are those who would question why we are giving government hand outs to people who are just spending it on PM's. Surely that money should go to the poor and needy? Not me, I would never say that. Others might though. :rolleyes:

Is this a mod taking the piss and belittling another member , because he's a mod. Or is this just another member doing the same ? . Did not know that this forum would be used like this , thought it was for information and help for members,

P.s I don't need my post edited , this is an adult forum , isn't it ?

I also have not ever posted in the 'bought/received' thread aside from the couple of pieces i have bought Arshimo2012 and it more more so to show others the great items/service i had received from him

Doesn't mean I'm not a stacker I still value privacy & security and it doesn't really do anything for me sharing with the world my purchases.

There are many on here who do like this, that is fine no problem. It just isn't a thread for me to participate in and I'm sure there are many more lurkers here who do the same.

The biggest stackers here may just be readers and never post

Is this a mod taking the piss and belittling another member , because he's a mod. Or is this just another member doing the same ? . Did not know that this forum would be used like this , thought it was for information and help for members,

P.s I don't need my post edited , this is an adult forum , isn't it ?

Yes, this is a (Probably soon to be ex-mod) pointing out some basic facts. No intention to belittle, just expose some things that don't add up.

TBH I am sick of the BS.

I have not actually broken any rules here by the way! I should know, as I wrote them. All I have done is quote some posts, and apply some mathematics and logic to the things said. Is it my faults they don't add up? I think not.

To anyone who does not like my post, I apologise. But I have a memory for things said, and when things said start to insult my intelligence, and the integrity of this board, of which I am very fond, then I feel compelled to speak out.

I could have cited half a dozen other posts, but thought I would leave it at just this, people can make their own minds up.

But, you know, I could be wrong. There could be any number of reasons why a part time worker on minimum wage and tax credits can afford to spend £25,000 per anum on PM's. Can't think of one personally, but perhaps I have misunderstood something?

But, you know, I could be wrong. There could be any number of reasons why [A] a part time worker on minimum wage and tax credits can afford to spend £25,000 per anum on PM's.

Can't think of one personally, but perhaps I have misunderstood something?

Option 1: B sentence is false (what you assumed)

Option 2: A sentence is false (he opted for a low profile to protect himself)

Option 3: A and B sentences are false

Option 4: A and B sentences are true (he has "alternative" income sources)

As you see, the world can be more complex that you first, and quick, assumption.

In any case, I think that it's not right to show up explicitly private information that it was sprinkled and implied among different threads.

What's next? To list our average orders on PM showed in other threads? Geolocate our IPs?

Option 1: B sentence is false (what you assumed)

Option 2: A sentence is false (he opted for a low profile to protect himself)

Option 3: A and B sentences are false

Option 4: A and B sentences are true (he has "alternative" income sources)

As you see, the world can be more complex that you first, and quick, assumption.

In any case, I think that it's not right to show up explicitly private information that it was sprinkled and implied among different threads.

What's next? To list our average orders on PM showed in other threads? Geolocate our IPs?

Your option 4 can't be right. If he had alternative income it would be declared  to the government and then he would no longer be eligible for tax credits.

All I have done is quote words already shared on the internet. Hardly a privacy invasion is it? To collate a selection of quotes from someone?

To geolocate your IPs would be a gross invasion of privacy and would result in an instant life time ban from the board. It would probably also be illegal. That would never happen here.

I have offered no opinion, only pointed out some facts. People can make of them what they will.

I also have not ever posted in the 'bought/received' thread aside from the couple of pieces i have bought Arshimo2012 and it more more so to show others the great items/service i had received from him

Doesn't mean I'm not a stacker I still value privacy & security and it doesn't really do anything for me sharing with the world my purchases.

There are many on here who do like this, that is fine no problem. It just isn't a thread for me to participate in and I'm sure there are many more lurkers here who do the same.

The biggest stackers here may just be readers and never post

Yup. Totally agree.

Archived