• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

My journey to 100x 20 French Francs

realbluegold

Hi! When you are a stacker it seems normal to have goals like filling a tube of maples or reaching 500oz of silver.

Well I want to have a difficult goal, a goal not reachable in a few months. That's why I've decided that I want to reach 100 gold 20 french francs. I think that I will end by 2020 or so.

I will post every one of the coins that I receive with the year and a photo . That way I will have a diary of the collection through the years.

I know that many of you do the same but with sovs so this will be a little different! If anyone wants to join me...be welcome!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Luck Blue.... great believer in picking up what is relevant for your area, definitely easier to move on when the time comes.  I think I will be favouring British & European Au/Ag in future.

With regards to CGT in the UK, although it is nice not to worry about it, I feel the issue is overplayed anyway with regards to the smaller investor.

It is only charged on profit, and with a personal allowance in the UK of over £10000 before it kicks in, gold/silver prices are really going to have to rocket, or you are going to have to sell a lot of non UK gold/silver, before any taxes  apply.

BB

Currently stacking 1/4 oz (22ct) and Sovs.

Good luck with your goal.  I plan on getting one soon and they're well priced.  €187.5 or there about ex delivery which is only 3.2% over spot.

I might start on them.

I might start buying some..... :lol:

Oi, you stick to your sovereigns. Give us poor people a fighting chance :angry:

:D

Update...10:31

Just pulled the trigger on two of those 20 Francs at HGM. Got three working days to pay, so will still pay on Monday. Couldn't risk anyone stealing my gold precioussssssssssssss :D

So that'll be me on two now. Over to you RBG.

Keithoil, new rules, you can't buy any French stuff untill you've got the full set of every year and mint marks of Sovereigns. That'll give the rest of us a couple of weeks head start buying the foreign stuff.     :P    

Oi, you stick to your sovereigns. Give us poor people a fighting chance :angry:

:D

Update...10:31

Just pulled the trigger on two of those 20 Francs at HGM. Got three working days to pay, so will still pay on Monday. Couldn't risk anyone stealing my gold precioussssssssssssss :D

So that'll be me on two now. Over to you RBG.

Keithoil, new rules, you can't buy any French stuff untill you've got the full set of every year and mint marks of Sovereigns. That'll give the rest of us a couple of weeks head start buying the foreign stuff.     :P    

I was going to buy one on Monday to piss you off.

As I'm now officially a gold bug, I have decided that although my main stack will be sovereigns, I'll still be on the lookout, especially at HGM with the 3% over spot, (5% usually if you include delivery) for foreign coins. I have no interest in any of the new numi gold coins, but I love the old stuff. I won't buy anything larger than a sovereign, (my budget rules out any of the larger coins, and saving money for a bigger coin hoping to dilute the delivery charge, could easily be dashed through price fluctuations anyway), so any coin that appears on HGM that is less than a sov in size, I'll try to get. 

I've already got a Prussian 1913 20 Mark gold coin, which I got from my local dealer, so these French gold coins will look nice next to that one

Archived