• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Map in Telegraph

BaldyBob

Yep that is exactly why they would of done it

But it's bad advertising because it makes them untrustworthy with your data 

Yeah, Kman

you hit the nail on the head...

Completely untrustworthy

I haven't even started yet, but i am a customer they have lost already..

I cannot believe they have compiled a list like that and to top it all, have used it for what is nothing more than 'Self promotion'

Tomorrow morning, 9am.  Up goes a full sov on their site for £180.  Do you pull the trigger?

Well if no-one else does I will.............LOL

Ok, so they cocked up and upset people by releasing the data. What's done is done. But if they are the cheapest, (which I doubt will happen any time in the near future), then I'll be using them. My principles don't last long when it comes to buying cheap................

I honestly can't see the problem. They gave out high level summary information which did not put the identity of their customers at risk. It did not break any data protection laws. They gave nothing away that could possible cause any customer to fear or their safety.

If you think people are going to look at that map and think "Hey lets go rob houses in XXXX" thinking they might find some silver or gold, then your imagination might be running away with you.

nice thought but really there is no chance of them being anyway near the cheapest just not going to happen, they have to pay for all them fancy ads some how.

and just to compare the price's right now (cheapest sov delivered):

Bullion by post  -  £198

Atkinson's         -  £193.59

Hatton Garden  - £194.81

You missed my point. If the prices are much lower than the others I guarantee you'll see people put their grievances to one side for the sake of a bargain.

you missed my point, their never going to be the cheapest...

I gave a hypothetical example with a question, and you gave me a list of real prices which makes me think you missed my point.  I'll ask the question in a simpler way for you- 

Given the recent article on BBP if they had a sov for 180 would you buy it or is the map in the Telegraph a cause for concern that means you won't take advantage of a great offer?

I repeat, I'm hypothesising here.

I gave a hypothetical example with a question, and you gave me a list of real prices which makes me think you missed my point.  I'll ask the question in a simpler way for you- 

Given the recent article on BBP if they had a sov for 180 would you buy it or is the map in the Telegraph a cause for concern that means you won't take advantage of a great offer?

I repeat, I'm hypothesising here.

ok I apologise for my moment of thickness :huh:  to be frank I don't know what all the fuss is about anyway its not like there giving out postcodes and addresses only large areas like towns and citys. I go by price and past experience if they were ever the cheapest of course I wouldn't think twice, the only thing that would stop me buying with them would be if I had had a bad experience with them,  

• 4 weeks later...

this is one of these threads that makes you glad you have joined this forum, a couple of you know iv just joined and i am still to pop my cherry so to say and make a purchase.

before i knew anything about even taking that first step towards purchasing PM's i just yped in google buying gold bars and  bullion post was the first ever PM purchasing site i had a look, sent off for the info and registered on their website ready to eventually part with my hard earned cash

now im wiser and dont fancy any of my details getting bandied about for them to get free advertising

thank for the heads up guys very much appreciated i will def be staying away from them

Archived