• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1 Oz versus Sovereigns

BaldyBob

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can say now after having a few oz and a few sovereigns, I definitely prefer sovereigns 

I'm actually considering selling my 2014 Britannia to swap out for sovereigns. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

lol thank for the offers  :P I've just sold and posted out the 2014 Britannia

Will use the money to buy some items id prefer, will definitely end up with less gold total but with more collectible smaller coins I will enjoy having. 

May even just splurge on a 1989 sovereign  :o

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Just an update.

Having handled a Sovereign, they just don't feel substantial enough to me. So I have decided  I will only buy Gold when I can afford to get a whole, or maybe half Oz. This is great news to Keith I imagine :)

Silver will have to be my 'fractionals'

That's exactly how I feel. Sovereigns are far too insignificant a coin to take seriously. It's far better to save and wait to a 1oz coin can be purchased.

That's exactly how I feel. Sovereigns are far too insignificant a coin to take seriously. It's far better to save and wait to a 1oz coin can be purchased.

What about a double sov though?

I just took a picture of a 1 oz next to the double for a comparison

Double sovs are a lovely size and HGM have them occasionally for 3% spot

10735431_370462753120473_361078049_n.jpg

They know their market; by changing the proof design they get to sell lots of expensive proofs each year. The bullion market should and can maintain itself without needing to change designs because what matters most for investment is metal content. This is actually a good thing for easily-led stackers like me because without the annual variations, I have much less temptation to start a run of gold 1oz Brits.

Archived