• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

HighlandTiger

Silver Deals.....

973 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, SilverStan said:

Just a thought . Is it a good idea to maybe write to The Royal Mint and quote the numbers on this group and how many members who regularly buy from them will reconsider in future. You may think it will do not good , but if we quote enough numbers and address our concern to the correct channels it may work wonders. 

Judging by the fact that they have reduced numbers of the Unicorn issue they have been listening somewhere along the line, i think youtube has played a little part because there has been a lot of complaints about certain things by people there including not having capsules for certain coins.

They maybe need to start dissing the fact that they ship out to the States before supplying their own country first and foremost, no wonder there was a household limit. Just checked the RM website and the gold proof kilo is now sold out

Edited by shortstack68

I know this too well as had to source my Big Ben coins from across the pond. They were on sale there a full week before the UK and more expensive even with VAT taken off. Typical big company though no care about the customer. 

shortstack68 likes this

For those buyers with access to the US: the PF70 Unicorn 1 ounce proofs are now available from MCM, $199. 

https://www.moderncoinmart.com/2017-great-britain-1-oz-silver-queens-beasts-unicorn-of-scotland-proof-2-coin-ngc-pf70-uc-early-releases-exclusive-queens-beasts-label.html

must confess - rather than buy raw and send in to try to get a PF70 I bought the Lion 1 ounce proof straight from MCM already ... on balance I reckoned it was probably cost effective, considering how many 69s may have come back! 

Only 43 available - but MCM tend to sell out then restock the PF70s (at least that's what happened with the Lion proofs). 

Pampfan likes this

"almost all of them has black dot  "

interesting , what is this black dot of what you speak :)? were am I looking for it ?

dean.m

Edited by Augustus1

On 29-6-2017 at 16:17, metallica73 said:

Not exactly a 'deal' but a couple of 2003 Libertads available at GS.be for £21.75 ea

Selling on ebay between £35-40

Thank you for mentioning this. I bought a couple. 

metallica73 likes this

30 minutes ago, Augustus1 said:

"almost all of them has black dot  "

interesting , what is this black dot of what you speak :)? were am I looking for it ?

dean.m

The rim and you have to pay postage to return these 

Augustus1 likes this

hi

thanks for pointing out

the dark/ black shading ( sorry newbie :)) round the edge of the date side & edges and thus the statement" please judge the condition for yourselves which has toning " ?

dean.m

On 02/07/2017 at 10:14, Agpanda said:

Thelondoncoincompany has a lot of cheap PCGS graded MS70 pandas for sale on ebay

I'd stick clear.   A few of us had poor experience with them.    When I bought I was new to coins and eBay.   They charged £30 for shipping 8 coins and they all had milk spots.      Can't remember the web side but it tells you all feedback that has been removed and they have 100's of negatives taken off

i looked last night and on e bay bullion by post had 10 oz Scottsdale stackers at £177 bin  £6 more than atkinsons cheapest bar but on bullion by post normal site their 10 oz bars are around £198 , I'm sure its bullion by post on e bay not someone using their logo

2 hours ago, craig12 said:

i looked last night and on e bay bullion by post had 10 oz Scottsdale stackers at £177 bin  £6 more than atkinsons cheapest bar but on bullion by post normal site their 10 oz bars are around £198 , I'm sure its bullion by post on e bay not someone using their logo

I've bought from the Bullion By Post eBay account. It is them as far as I can tell due to the branded bags, business cards etc included in the packaging. 

Does nobody want the 2oz Queens Beasts any more?

They seem to have gone from being the must-haves to the no-one-wants. Griffins & Dragons currently 37.11EUR on goldsilver.be. Remember people were happy to pay >$50EUR not too long ago (spot price was higher, obvs).

It's just silver. :P

It's a good deal if you don't have any yet, personally one is enough for me. I wasn't impressed with the finish on the dragon compared to the other two it was very low quality. 

QB's are unlimited mintage so just bullion at the end of the day.  I think they've proven quite popular in the US because they have pretty low premiums and quite nice designs.

3 hours ago, KDave said:

It's just silver. :P

Well.. exactly! that's why I'm far more interested now when the premium is only 30% vs when it was 60%.

Shoba and KDave like this

Just now, Sovereign said:

Don't know much about it 

But seems like a good buy ? 

http://m.ebay.com/itm/172786476203

I saw this yesterday and it was £23, the thought had just gone through my head that this was a slabbed coin for the price of a bare bullion one so it's protection at least and it ended the moment I tried to buy it.  I bought an MS70 African lion off this seller a few weeks ago and that was put up at a decent price I thought.

Sovereign likes this