• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

When Do You Think Silver Will Skyrocket In Price?

CurryMuncher69

• Founder & Administrator

To be honest I wish Silver stays below £15 in the next 5 YEARS, I would like at least 5000 Oz of Silver and 50 oz of gold to my name before any crisis.

Prices below £20 for 5 years. Then a double in prices within a year. Would be nice :)

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I've said it more than once....Only spend money on PM's that you can afford to lose, don't spend money on PM's that you need for something else, don't invest your entire savings. The absolute best way to stack PM's is to use your disposable income that you would have wasted on something and nothing ;)

Check out the spot price in 20 years time and then see how you've done ;)

I totally agree,saving with silver and gold with spare cash is for me the sensible option.

3g of silver has traditionally brought one chicken, been that way for thousands of years, a drachm/dirham or 4g of 80-90% silver.

for silver to be 10,000£ per oz, a chicken must cost 3k. 

however market manipulation ending will mean there is a period where before the system stabilises, you can get a lot more for your silver.

that would be the time to swap into gold, i.e. when the ratio goes to 10:1 it will end up stabilising around 15:1 and thats when you have created wealth, otherwise its just the fiat your using to buy the silver that goes down in value, hence it costs more to buy.

Am i making sense?

Silver will return to the price you paid Pete one day ;) Inflation says it has too! It's just a matter of how long that's all......

Silver is definitely a long game! Absolute minimum of 10 years.....probably much longer.

Agree to the time line of 10 years+ DogSoldier

There are so many variable from the doomsday school of thought to the technical analysis of seeing silver as predominately an industrial metal and thus dependent of sustainable growth and macro economics.  Similarly history tells us that there is a correlation and ratio of gold vis-a-vis silver and unless there is a paradigm shift in the views that we have held for the last 2000 or so years this is not going to alter. 

Discounting the doomsday school of thought, silver stacking ( within a wider baskets of commodities) should in my IMHO be seen as a hedge within a balanced portfolio of savings and investments. Solely banking on one or other investment instrument for your future prosperity to at best risky. 

All this being said, the lure of collecting something that you like is a powerfully calling,and you need to be disciplined not to go OTT and bet all that you have on an outside and uncertain bet 

I agree that silver is a commodity, and should be treated as such.  I have 30% commodities (mostly gold and silver), 30% property,  20% shares, 10% bonds, 10 liquid.  I tend to buy low sell high so i will be adjusting my investments very shortly as i believe property is high.  shares also are high.

No need to apologise dog soldier, I agree more or less.

But for there to be a run on the metals people have to be aware of European interests and the threats and opportunities it faces.

I mean come on, the CIA is expecting a global caliphate to be established by 2020, inside of 10 minuets of research, these guys have an economic system set up that would install a ratio of gold to silver that would preserve its wealth and drive it into the currency market. not only that but it would be stable, as Interest isn’t allowed and the circulation of wealth is encouraged. bang, stable economy of 1.7 billion people, trusting the governments stability and circulating the wealth, that would dwarf the economy of china, and it would be on a stable footing, without market bubbles or crashes.

Which would mean a defacto refusal to pay IMF debt and denationalisation of civic facilities. And you're talking about mineral and oil producing countries, which basically mean the precolonial economies would actually have to pay market rate for foodstuffs and everything else.

Now this empire already has the means and in its manifesto to create a social healthcare and education system. 

Economically the value of the currency would have to be stable, 3grams of pure silver for a chicken and 4.25g of 91.6% gold for a goat.

At the same time you will see hyper inflation in the West as the talent moves from the West into this caliphate. why? Safety, security, guaranteed rights, and opportuinity (google the rights of Dhimmi - non muslim citizens in a muslim state) . as america is going through its apocalypse senario that it seems to get hard over. The world landscape would change drastically.

Now doesn’t that just perfectly explain the media image of muslims in the West, and the reason for the last few wars and political posturing?

Personally I think that will be the precipice point in precious metals. The ignorant and people who believe in the media will run for the hills and try to push the price of silver to the moon, until the policies of the state will be made clear, and instead of a Taliban, people think more like a Cordoba.

a bit of a long winded response but thanks for your time.

I agree that silver is a commodity, and should be treated as such.  I have 30% commodities (mostly gold and silver), 30% property,  20% shares, 10% bonds, 10 liquid.  I tend to buy low sell high so i will be adjusting my investments very shortly as i believe property is high.  shares also are high.

An old sage once told me that investing was akin to a three legged milking stool; ( the investment types being property,commodities and equities/bonds)  

If you got the balance right you could milk the cash cow for all its worth. Get the balance wrong and you will find yourself out on your @rse and in the brown stuff! 

I'd like to diversify, but that would mean saving which I find tough (especially now I'm obsessed with silver).

I have cash and silver, that's it. Oh and a gorgeous wife and daughter, so I'm rich in my eyes.

Stacker since 2013

Ha Ha Danny. The amount of money that women spend is crazy, how half don't go bankrupt is beyond me.

I have started to look into gold as my main investment, while I continue to buy and sell silver as a business. Its really quite difficult to put money into other areas as I try to expand my store, so im buying like a 1/20 gold coin in each order I place for now.

I have started to look into gold as my main investment, while I continue to buy and sell silver as a business. Its really quite difficult to put money into other areas as I try to expand my store, so im buying like a 1/20 gold coin in each order I place for now.

You do realise this is The Silver Forum - too much gold and you are banished!!!

Good idea on the 1/20 per order, you'll have a few ounces before you know it.

Stacker since 2013

haha don't worry I will have a bit of both. Specially with silver being so cheap, how can you not want to stack. It won't stay this cheap forever, so now is the pretty time to increase those ounces. I believe we will double up in the next few years.

No need to apologise dog soldier, I agree more or less.

But for there to be a run on the metals people have to be aware of European interests and the threats and opportunities it faces.

I mean come on, the CIA is expecting a global caliphate to be established by 2020, inside of 10 minuets of research, these guys have an economic system set up that would install a ratio of gold to silver that would preserve its wealth and drive it into the currency market. not only that but it would be stable, as Interest isn’t allowed and the circulation of wealth is encouraged. bang, stable economy of 1.7 billion people, trusting the governments stability and circulating the wealth, that would dwarf the economy of china, and it would be on a stable footing, without market bubbles or crashes.

Which would mean a defacto refusal to pay IMF debt and denationalisation of civic facilities. And you're talking about mineral and oil producing countries, which basically mean the precolonial economies would actually have to pay market rate for foodstuffs and everything else.

Now this empire already has the means and in its manifesto to create a social healthcare and education system. 

Economically the value of the currency would have to be stable, 3grams of pure silver for a chicken and 4.25g of 91.6% gold for a goat.

At the same time you will see hyper inflation in the West as the talent moves from the West into this caliphate. why? Safety, security, guaranteed rights, and opportuinity (google the rights of Dhimmi - non muslim citizens in a muslim state) . as america is going through its apocalypse senario that it seems to get hard over. The world landscape would change drastically.

Now doesn’t that just perfectly explain the media image of muslims in the West, and the reason for the last few wars and political posturing?

Personally I think that will be the precipice point in precious metals. The ignorant and people who believe in the media will run for the hills and try to push the price of silver to the moon, until the policies of the state will be made clear, and instead of a Taliban, people think more like a Cordoba.

a bit of a long winded response but thanks for your time.

As a Muslim I am happy what you said. What you said  is true, and when the caliphate does arrive (it says in our holy book) he will spread Dinah, and Durham, (gold and silver coins) and everything will go back to its historic prices. If you had 500 oz of silver historically you was classed as a modern day millionaire.

The average wage per day was 10th of an silver oz for 12 hours of hard manual labor. So I look at my stack, as how much days/years am I ahead of the average day laborer, and how much food can I buy with my stack to feed my family, 

As a Muslim I am happy what you said. What you said is true, and when the caliphate does arrive (it says in our holy book) he will spread Dinah, and Durham, (gold and silver coins) and everything will go back to its historic prices. If you had 500 oz of silver historically you was classed as a modern day millionaire.

The average wage per day was 10th of an silver oz for 12 hours of hard manual labor. So I look at my stack, as how much days/years am I ahead of the average day laborer, and how much food can I buy with my stack to feed my family,

What a fantastic post, thanks for your insight CM.

Makes me look at my stack in a different way.

Stacker since 2013

As a Muslim I am happy what you said. What you said  is true, and when the caliphate does arrive (it says in our holy book) he will spread Dinah, and Durham, (gold and silver coins) and everything will go back to its historic prices. If you had 500 oz of silver historically you was classed as a modern day millionaire.

Jazak ulalha kheyr, it really does put things into perspective. I wasn’t aware that the day rate for a labourer was 1 dirham, or the 500z figure.

When muslims first went into new lands, they would strike the old drachmas with the arabic of bismillah, so there is an established precedent for any numismatic coins being usable as currency straight away  :D. Which means, in a pinch, we wouldn’t even have to wait for the koalas and kooks and pandas to be melted down and turned into a new currency, we could just use them. in Indonesia and Malaysia, the world islamic mint have set the 999 silver standard as 2.975g per dirham.

oh and guys, no import/export duties into the islamic state. so no pesky VAT to pay, the only tax is 2.5% on over 595g of silver you have had for more than a year. Payable once a year.

Archived