• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Christmas is coming...

Christmas will soon be upon us. I want silver or gold from my friends and family. So when I tell them that, they will want to know where to go to buy it. Obviously Royal Mint produces some great coins in great packaging. But I want them to get good value. So, I want to know where is the best place to tell them to look, bearing in mind they will only be buying £20-£100 of silver or gold so STG is out of the question. Also, they are going to want something that is nicely presented as it is a present. Finally, they have no knowledge of PMs so eBay is out of the question also.

Your thoughts?

Another option is to get them to sign up here and ask some questions.

I know you will probably know what you are getting maybe!, but if there are 4-5 options available to them and they PM the seller then you will not know which one. But at least you will get a far better deal off the forum I would have thought.

Another way is eBay and NOT recommended for a beginner.

Just a thought!!! :)

royal mint £20 - good idea, and I have bought my sister one of these for her 40th birthday and she seemed to like it. Having £20 on the coin immediately let's them know it it worth a decent amount..But I own 3, and not sure I want more.

Cash will not work, family will ignore that and buy me a jumper instead!

Yes, I agree with the paranoid bit, so it will only be close family, I do not want my friends knowing I collect silver and gold coins.

Signing up here? I can't see my wife doing that. Also she might read my posts and then determine I have more than enough coins already!

Christmas rounds sounds like a good idea - I will investigate. Also good for presents for others.

But the best option in my opinion is Atkinsons, especially with the mix and match - they could club together.

Thanks everyone.

Archived