• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

upcoming events on pms

craig12

would anyone happen to know if any of the following events will move pm,s up or down

interest rate rises uk , usa , and europe

uk general election

further deep recession  uk  Eurozone  usa

mortgage foreclosures / repossesions

bond tapering

ecb cutting interest rates further than the minus they already are

and the biggie

Scotland  votes yes

I know I should reply elsewhere , but what is driving the price down at the minute, I know everyone has said the silver fix ending didn't do anything , but these falls have been after the silver fix ended haven't they?

are big sales been dumped on paper trading

What other events are coming up?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-11/gold-trading-to-begin-in-ftz-as-cme-plans-futures-in-hong-kong.html

Pricing Influence

With the start of gold trading in the free-trade zone, China is seeking to exert its influence over prices while expanding the yuan’s role in global trade

But that's just another 'maybe'.

god this is interesting , so in simple terms  , you need them to manipulate to drive it down if youre buying / but if everyone has bought enough silver then if the manipulating stops then we all become better off in money terms , I suppose the question is then

if they never stop manipulating pm,s  then we always get a wrong price forever

Think of this: I read (I can't find the article to quote or share, but will keep looking) that last year more silver was sold than ever before. The exchange in Shanghai (I think it was, must find that article lol) has less stock than ever in it;s history. Consumer demand was higher than eve before.

Now we all know when consumer demand is hight ans supply is low that prices go up right?

So why did silver loose so much value last year? 30%? Something like that.

How?

Manipulation.

So all the events you list may have some small 'local' effects sending prices off a few dollars here or a few dollars there, but the current trend won't change until it is politically expedient for whoever is behind this manipulation.

This is an interesting article. Written in October 2012 it predicted a "blood bath crash" in PM's - how right they were!

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article36905.html

They have a lot of interesting stuff to say about the current market. Spend a few hours having a look there, it is very interesting.

Archived