• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The ultimate gold hoarder Scrooge McDuck headlines his own gold and silver bullion coins

Sadbuttrue2

It was early last year that the New Zealand Mint brought its flagship Disney licence to the bullion coin market when it launched its Steamboat Willie range. Depicting Mickey Mouse in his 1928 movie, the coin seemed pretty popular and was followed up later in 2017 with a Mickey Mouse lunar bullion coin. Third time out it’s the turn of a hugely appropriate character to adorn a bullion coin – Scrooge McDuck.

Created by Carl Backs way back in 1947, Scrooge McDuck is described as an elderly Scottish Pekin duck and is a super-wealthy business magnate, super-tight with his money, and Donald Ducks uncle. Often pictured diving into vaults filled with gold coins, the character is a perfect choice. His image on the coin, holding a huge bag of money, is typical of Scrooge, so there’s no confusing who this is. As the coin is issued for Niue, the obverse carries the effigy of QEII by Ian Rank Broadley, so no surprises there.

Two formats are on offer, both a troy ounce in weight. The silver variant is struck in 0.999 fineness silver and the gold in 0.9999. There are no design changes between the two versions outside of the obvious denomination and composition inscriptions. The silver coin is sold in themed monster boxes containing 250 coins (10 tubes of 25 coins), although picking up smaller quantities shouldn’t be a problem. The gold is sold individually encapsulated. Both coins are available now and should be easy to pick up worldwide.

2018-NZM-Scrooge-Bullion-silver-REV.jpg

2018-NZM-Scrooge-Bullion-gold-REV.jpg

Scrooge is my hero.

Responsible single guy, follows his own path, rags to riches, makes his own way in the world on his own terms.  Employer, invests in sensible business ventures, cornerstone of the business community, teamed up with his like minded business partner, a real entrepreneurial success story.

Then, of course, where ever a man is successful, it attracts leftists.  Employee who can't rub two dimes together, married too early, had too many kids he couldn't support, including a cripple, now suddenly it's Scrooge's responsible to take care of him and all his spawn.

Non-profit approaches him on the streets wanting him to donate money for Christmas to get people out of the work houses, cheeky beggers don't just have to temerity to beg for money but to act like they are the morally just heroes for doing the begging.

Ungrateful nephew talking &^%$ about his own blood just because his uncle doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve and engage in shallow virtue signaling  to everybody around him just to attract friends and influence people and be the life of the party.

Scrooge is an unrepentant bachelor, he doesn't give in to the wiles of the tart who tries to sucker him into marriage in his youth, no doubt with intentions of fleecing him once the inevitable kids come along - 75% of divorces are initiated by women, and Scrooge was smart to ignore Ms. Belle's indignation when she attempted to manipulate him by claiming he was too greedy, because what woman doesn't claim a man is too greedy when she's trying to gain access to the fruits of his hard work ?

Scrooge was the man, at least up until 3 leftist ghosts tormented him into giving his &^%$ away to the undeserving.

Scrooge, a capitalist hero, a man who did what had to be done to dig himself out of obscurity and misery and put food on the table for himself, his business partner, and his employee, all while providing a valuable service to the local business community.

I dunno, I loved Duck Tails as a kid but I kinda resent the lazy racism.

I mean, I'm Scottish, but anyone who knows me will tell you that I have about as much financial sense as Mr Toad. Seriously, someday I can barely make it to the shiny bead shop because of people stopping me in the street to ask for guidance on their latest potential investments...

That sack is too heavy scrooge McDuckie.  Needs to start lifting weights and he wouldn't need the walking stick.

Better melt some on those silver coins into silver weight training equipment.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived