• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Proof Sovereign set without COA

Woodsy

I picked up a 2008 proof double, single and half sovereign set in 2015 without the COA, I got them at a good price. But I was wondering by how much it affects the re-sale price and if you can get replacement certificates?

2008 Proof Sovereign set coins.jpg

Go find out how much it would cost you to get just a coa (and box if necessary.....usually they sell as a set) on fleabay....then find out the price of such a complete set under completed option on fleabay and you have your answer. Pretty simple really. 

Or fish around on forums and hope you get lucky if someone has slabbed their set and is willing to flog the coa.....

I’ve tried eBay a few times, and they do have certificates available. But they don’t tick all the boxes i.e the correct year and a 3 coin set. So not really that simple :(

27 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I’ve tried eBay a few times, and they do have certificates available. But they don’t tick all the boxes i.e the correct year and a 3 coin set. So not really that simple :(

I’ve same problem with 2015 proof from HGM got the box no cert, still looking after a year and no luck.   But will pay off in the end.  Keep looking

15 hours ago, Oldun said:

You could just sell the coins (or slab them and sell them) and then buy a complete set with the proceeds ? You mentioned you got them at a nice price so.....

I paid £749 for the set, so at least it’s one positive :)

Archived