• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

My silver stack... beg borrow steal!

Bullionstu

OK so same as gold I weighed in all my silver scrap I'd found over the past 18 months and bought some old coins.  

I also raided the coin collection in the loft which was surprisingly full of 925 & 500 coins :) The pile of grubby looking coins were found in the river. No numeracy value at all but silver is silver. Asked around the family and got a fair few thruppney bits too which while small it all adds up :) 

I bought the commemorative coins in a bulk lot at spot price. I don't really like them compared to 'proper coins' but they were cheap! I don't think I'd pay spot + premium for coins like that...

I must say I prefer the gold but trying to spread my stack...

Question - if it were time to sell would I sell the commemorative stuff as silver scrap?

Stu

20180311_140155-1.jpg

20180311_140100.jpg

24 minutes ago, Bullionstu said:

Question - if it were time to sell would I sell the commemorative stuff as silver scrap?

You can do well on eBay with some of the commemorative stuff to be perfectly honest. Time it right, price it right auction starts and you will get more than spot. 

There is some stuff in the other lot I would be happy to buy or trade for if you entertaining bids :)

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

I'm going to keep the old coins for now, there are a few nice ones which I like for their numeric beauty rather than the silver, the rest are tatty and count as 'bullion' in my eyes. 

I'm starting to see the catch 22 about wanting silver and wanting nice coins to look at / cherish!

10 minutes ago, Bullionstu said:

I'm going to keep the old coins for now, there are a few nice ones which I like for their numeric beauty rather than the silver, the rest are tatty and count as 'bullion' in my eyes. 

I'm starting to see the catch 22 about wanting silver and wanting nice coins to look at / cherish!

Lol its addictive. I have my eye on that "Ganesh" coin that looks really toned. Its a Hindu religious token normally donated at temples. I have a couple and would be nice to add to the stack. 

image.png.61f1699f07a0c2a13456812c9aaf6ddc.png

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

Yes I have a few of those actually. They are thrown into the river during religious festivals (British Hindus use their local river as a substitute for the Ganges).

I found a load a couple of years ago which were actually 999 silver. Weighed them in at brexit, but wish I'd have kept them now!!

16 minutes ago, Bullionstu said:

Yes I have a few of those actually. They are thrown into the river during religious festivals (British Hindus use their local river as a substitute for the Ganges).

I found a load a couple of years ago which were actually 999 silver. Weighed them in at brexit, but wish I'd have kept them now!!

Those look like the ones sold in Birmingham Indian Jewellers (most have their own styles) You in Birmingham? 

Archived