• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Beatrix Potter Series 2018

D4N

So I just got an email from the Royal Mint for the 2018 series of Beatrix Potter. Dunno about everyone else but I have placed my order as soon I got the email.

I'm guessing in the morning the RM website will be on a count down entry like last time... Will be interesting to see if so, and how long they take to sell out. 

I know 2017 have not increased in value quite like 2016,  but that's probably a given for anything which is the first of something. Still 2018 is limited to only 35,000 and I believe many people will still wish to get their hands on such a beautiful set, hence why I thought I would let you all know now for those who may wish to :)

Screenshot_20180219-004623.png

31 minutes ago, HyHy said:

With a mintage of 45k another 50% increament... I will pass that!

Yeah exactly what I was thinking, 45k is a massive mintage

I was trying to find what the mintage was for the 2016 Peter Rabbit, I think it was 15,000 so..

• 2016: 15k
  • 2017: 40k*
  • 2018: 45k

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/beatrix-potter/Beatrix-Potter-2018-UK-50p-Silver-Proof-4-Coin-Series/

I'm confused though, are they offering 4 silver proof coins for £60? that seems unusually reasonable for RM

Edit> Wait yeah no, that can't be right, a single coin is £60 - https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/beatrix-potter/Peter-Rabbit-2018-UK-50p-Silver-Proof-Coin/

Very odd and confusing to list it like you get the set for £60?!

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Yes the mintage is 45k for the collection... On the email I got it said it was 35k but I think this is for the first coin as an individual piece in a different presentation.. I assume. Maybe reasons for purchasing an item like this may differ person from person but for me it's not something I intend to part with. 

Considering the demand for the 2017 at 30k mintage there was still a lot of people unable to get hold of them who wanted them. I think the same will happen again still. 

Peter Rabbit 2017 UK 50p Silver Proof Coin

Denomination 50p
Maximum Coin Mintage 40,000
Alloy .925 Sterling Silver
Weight 8.00g
Diameter 27.30mm
Reverse Designer Emma Noble
Obverse Designer Jody Clark
Quality Proof
Year 2017
Pure Metal Type

Silver

Peter Rabbit™ 2018 UK 50p Silver Proof Coin

Denomination 50p
Maximum Coin Mintage 45000
Alloy .925 Sterling Silver
Weight 8.00g
Diameter 27.30mm
Reverse Designer Emma Noble
Obverse Designer Jody Clark
Quality Proof
Year 2018
Pure Metal Type Silver

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

19 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

Peter Rabbit 2017 UK 50p Silver Proof Coin

Oh, I got 30k from chards - 

But I see it says 40k here  - https://www.beatrix-potter-shop.co.uk/product/peter-rabbit-2017-royal-mint-coloured-50p-silver-proof-coin-black-box/

^ They actually have the 2017 still for sale, you would have thought the RM might have adjusted to a lower mintage for 2018 but apparently not 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

27 minutes ago, Kman said:

Oh, I got 30k from chards - 

But I see it says 40k here  - https://www.beatrix-potter-shop.co.uk/product/peter-rabbit-2017-royal-mint-coloured-50p-silver-proof-coin-black-box/

^ They actually have the 2017 still for sale, you would have thought the RM might have adjusted to a lower mintage for 2018 but apparently not 

because there is a peter rabbit film coming to uk and feb 9th usa released the film 

the 2018  rabbit pattern are the flagship pattern , these may do OKAY 

compare to the 2017 pattern  a dead rabbit on the floor :lol:

peterrabbit.jpg

peterrabbit_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqylISlnn7lqkEIElEnBP53qhRE8UaLOZwIm4j7hr7YFE.jpg

7514A863-85A9-4219-AD91-02F7BD37988F.jpeg

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Keeping the coloured set going. Lovely collection now with all coloured coins from all 3 years. Very charming collection.....no bah humbug here :P

In fact, there are two collections inside the one if you separate just the Peter Rabits from each year and keep them as their own set.

Archived