• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

royal mail shares

anyone got any views on this one ,  share price lower now than when floated on first day of trading,  not yet lower to those who pre subscribed but falling fast   was around £6.20  now £4,03 ish  one guy on the bbc says its a £3.80 share   possible recovery play  

Does that get the government off the hook for selling too cheaply now ?

Where are all the so called financial experts and politicians ( Labour clowns ) that were publicly bleating we were sold short by Vince ?

:D

• 1 month later...

If silver is not enough of a rollercoaster ride for you, then buy them. Personally think there are better shares with decent dividend yields to be had if you are set on putting money into shares.

Currently stacking 1/4 oz (22ct) and Sovs.

Tesco might prove to be the long term recovery play  shares now £2.03  down 12 % today  cheapest they've been for 11 years , obviously the 250m over accounting profits didn't help

I think you may be right Craig, I think it's overshot to the downside, I bought in today, with a P/E ration under 10 it looks ok, I hope so anyway.

I think tescos will go lower, they have got it wrong and are just too big. They have increased store sizes, now people can go in and get lost. Our local store is massive and people are leaving in droves to go to lidl because they can find what they are looking for.

If lidl pulled their finger out and put more than 1 person on check out even more will shop there.

Wife now goes to independent fruit and veg man and saves £15 a week. When will people realise that apples are actually sweet, tomatoes are tasty and strawberries are in a different league

My biggest bug bear with tescos is that if you go late at night sometimes it's self check out only, more than once I've seen people leave without completing because it just takes too long.

So with all this in mind I think I live in one small town in the south west and if this is going on all over the country tescos profits will continue to fall knocking share price further

the thing i will be buying in is this , and this is my honest view 

with the recession people have turned to lidl, netto,aldi, as money is tight, now it is my gut feeling that if and when the recession pulls out , people will start to drift back to the big 3 , therefore increased sales and profit,  i have a friend works for morrisons, and has a lot of shares, the thing with dalton philips and morrisons, is that they own all their buildings ,  morrisons have been around £3.60  now around £1.74 

the thing about aldi is  i always find that the beans are right next to the chain saws ,  or if youre looking for a tin of salmon  , its always between the patio pressure washer and  garden spade set

I'm amazed at Tesco's sp drop today. I worked for Tesco during the nineties when they were extremely well run.

Now, they've lost their way. Having said that, I don't shop there cos their food is crap. And no doubt, they've been

shafting the farmers for years.

All the big investors from the city got out of Royal Mail ages ago when the share price hit £5, Its Wealth funds, Pension Funds now that make up most of the shares.

Tesco is a big deal, because it shows that the Accountants (Auditors) DWC must of been compliant with the shenanigans,  Depending on how far back this goes, we may have a mini Enron.  This is Corperate Fraud.

I listened to an interview with the Iceland chairman about a year ago he stated its a new game in the grocery market with only tight profits, I noticed his shops have been reducing prices competing with the German Shops.   

Archived