• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Self Assessment Income Tax

Just got off the phone and thought it might be nice to have a thread for discussing, cleebrating and commiserating the effects of the annual filing of tax returns and the associated payments (and occasional rebates).

I'll go first: tax man has confirmed I'll be paying through my tax code, which is great because otherwise I'd have to pay it all up front.

Workload sent to accountant in April, books done by August, paid all tax owed 3 weeks ago. Bring on April for this years books :D Heard from accountant tax maybe payable every 3 months upfront then returned if you have overpaid or asked for more if you have not paid enough.

For me, It is psychologically so much better sending through x52 small fixed weekly standing order payments than the big lump sums  of Jan and July in years gone by

31st Jan now comes and goes like any another day, without any of the stresses

I am an accountant so couldn't bring myself to pay another accountant to do it for me. I filed mine a couple months ago and I'm also Paying via my tax code next year (smug face).

I Was tempted to clear the amount in one go but couldn't miss the chance to milk HMRC from a cash flow point of view by paying tax owed for 16/17 in 18/19 :D

I see my accountant 4 times a year for VAT returns.  I dropped off most bits during the summer but there is a statement or 2 which doesn't come through until later in the year.  I dropped off final pieces a couple of weeks ago at the same time as the end Dec VAT paper work.  I got the owing figure on Monday and paid it yesterday.  Now just waiting on the VAT figure.  Xmas time is the busiest time for me and perfectly coincides with a VAT quarter and the SA deadline so January is not a nice month.

Archived