• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Game of Thrones silver medal by the Royal Mint

MickB

Oh ffs..

I've been hoping a large mint was allowed to make GoT coins

I am a massive fan of the show and the ASOIAF books

First of all, what is the shape, second of all £99?! 

Again, I love GoT, and as we know I love pm's and coins, yet somehow I don't like this?

How has RM so badly f'd this up? 

ps. also more of them not just limitred to Stark 

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/stamp-and-coin-series/Game-of-Thrones-House-Targaryen-Silver-Proof-Medal-Cover/

Also some in non precious metals

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

They should do a coin from that tv series  Downton Abbey....that would be a massive hit where I am....but better top notch gold coin only.

99 quid for a silver biscuit oblong thing.......with a huge cast list......they are aving a larf!

It would make all the difference to be if they were just round.. why aren't they round :(

3 minutes ago, MickB said:

It is on the pricey side but will the low mintage attract a mad rush to buy them?

I think there certainly could be, GoT is so huge 

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

@ChardLizzie I don't suppose you guys are getting any of these? just in case there is a mad rush for them

I feel like I want time to gauge reaction, but if there's a very big reaction like the Beatrix Potter coins then I might not have time to buy from RM 

6 minutes ago, PansPurse said:

Ugh!

I thoroughly agree, it reeks of a cheap cash in, no imagination or creativity (identical branding to every other bit of GoT merchandise) and timed to come in the build-up to the last season.

New season wont be until 2019  

9 minutes ago, Kman said:

New season wont be until 2019  

Yeah, but wasn't that only announced recently? Could be these were already in production? Or they're planning a staggered release of all the houses, culminating next year?

Actually, a Bolton medallion might be interesting

The Star Wars medals a couple of years back were only done in base metal and were quite popular. I would have bought silver proofs of them if they were available. So this GOT series now available in sterling silver proof with a low mintage will be interesting to see how well they do. 

For GOT fans - the ShirePost in the US has some really cool base coins  https://www.shirepost.com/collections/a-game-of-thrones-coins

You can get them in the UK on Amazon too http://amzn.to/2Dh5B1r

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

3 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

For GOT fans - the ShirePost in the US has some really cool base coins  https://www.shirepost.com/collections/a-game-of-thrones-coins

You can get them in the UK on Amazon too http://amzn.to/2Dh5B1r

right, we got to go to ( the vault ) and obviously u pay for lunch :lol:

I will tell u what is proper coins ;)

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

1 minute ago, fehk2001 said:

right, we got to go to ( the vault ) and obviously u pay for lunch :lol:

I will tell u what is proper coins ;)

lol. To be fair if them coins were in silver gold I would buy them.

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

1 minute ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

lol. To be fair if them coins were in silver gold I would buy them.

I save u money of cos u pay for lunch , or china town if u like :lol: or .......( legs11) if u like  

2 minutes ago, 999magnum said:

Oh God, now I'm into stamps...

I would have preferred they did the sigils for the stamps too, I'm not so keen on character portraits, I wouldn't mind a few Jon Snow stamps though 

3 minutes ago, Kman said:

I would have preferred they did the sigils for the stamps too, I'm not so keen on character portraits, I wouldn't mind a few Jon Snow stamps though 

u can buy the stamp book if u just want john snow stamps, 

stamps book = face value of the stamp

3 hours ago, Kman said:

What about coins of the cities from the opening credits? You know when the episode starts and you see the gears turning and cities being erected. They could take key parts and make some gahdaam coins shoot c”mon!!!

11 minutes ago, 999magnum said:

What about coins of the cities from the opening credits? You know when the episode starts and you see the gears turning and cities being erected. They could take key parts and make some gahdaam coins shoot c”mon!!!

Absolutely, there's tonnes of things they could have done that would be new and appealing. You know, if the mint could be bothered putting time, creativity and resources into this

Archived