• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Atkinsons and their advertised spot prices.

HighlandTiger

I've been following the spot prices for both gold and silver on various sites for a while now and I've noticed a strange trend with the advertised spot prices on the Atkinsons website. Whilst the Gold price is usually spot on with the live price, the Silver price is quite regularly 5p or 6p above the real time live spot price. And as I typed this I re-checked the prices, and silver fell by 2p. With both the live price found elsewhere and the Atkinson "live" price also falling by 2p, but still 5p higher

As their selling prices is linked to their spot price, I'm wondering if this is atkinsons trying to do some cheeky profiteering at the expense of unwary customers. 

I think they are displaying the offer price(what people would have

to pay to buy silver). a bit like in shares where they display the

mid price but the trading prices are usually to either side of that.

in a normal trade silver is more volatile so have a bigger spread.

HH

• Founder & Administrator

It must be a conspiracy HT

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Very cheeky from Atkinsons, I shall not be buying any more of their overpriced silver; oh no! I will get mine from "craig12 bullion limited" (when it starts), which should have an accurate spot ticker, a much better website, and genuine special offers. 

• Founder & Administrator

I think they are advertising the ask price. Rather than the bid-ask mid point.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

If people have an issue with Atkinson's, or any other dealer for that matter, perhaps it would be good for the persons who are concerned to contact them directly and give them the right of reply? I use Atkinson's a lot as they are close to where I live, and they have never been anything but helpful to me. Before we get the pitchforks and flaming torches out perhaps someone who's concerned by this should email them ;)

If people have an issue with Atkinson's, or any other dealer for that matter, perhaps it would be good for the persons who are concerned to contact them directly and give them the right of reply? I use Atkinson's a lot as they are close to where I live, and they have never been anything but helpful to me. Before we get the pitchforks and flaming torches out perhaps someone who's concerned by this should email them ;)

Agreed, drop them an email Craig and see what they say.

I also live close by and have picked orders up in person before. But I can't abide by their prices nowadays so haven't used them in a while.

Stacker since 2013

will do  had a live chat today about the 2 rand coin being about a fiver dearer than gold line  , Rachel said they will look at trying to alter price, and said if you see anything cheaper on another site  , I should contact them and they will see if they can beat the price

Atkinsons is my favorite dealer for gold. I have noticed a few times the gold spot being off, especially at the weekends and Friday's. I don't by vat silver so never noticed the silver spot.

I've considered phoning Atkinsons regarding this issue but not got round to it. I normally check the spot price on the kitco app before purchase. I'm willing to forgive Atkinsons as they are consistently the cheapest bullion dealer.

Atkinsons is my favorite dealer for gold. I have noticed a few times the gold spot being off, especially at the weekends and Friday's. I don't by vat silver so never noticed the silver spot.

I've considered phoning Atkinsons regarding this issue but not got round to it. I normally check the spot price on the kitco app before purchase. I'm willing to forgive Atkinsons as they are consistently the cheapest bullion dealer.

I think stretch has a good point in that as long as atkinson's are consistent and offer a

good deal for price/quality/service, should we be that concerned with how exactly they

arrived at their pricing?

HH

Archived