• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Baird & Co article in Guardian today

Deputydog

Thanks for sharing this great article.  Some fantastic facts and figures and a Journalistic leap of faith;

"As well as producing gold bars, the company also makes gold sovereigns, 50,000 rings a year and collectables on demand."

£15k of gold recovered from the doormats, etc. at the end of the year, I bet they have a great Christmas party!

6 minutes ago, whitesands1 said:

"As well as producing gold bars, the company also makes gold sovereigns, 50,000 rings a year and collectables on demand."

The sovereign part confused me, too. How I thought only the Royal Mint and PAMP in India struck them...

3 minutes ago, augur said:

The sovereign part confused me, too. How I thought only the Royal Mint and PAMP in India struck them...

The Royal Mint tried to trademark the term "Sovereign" for coins but it was refused

"In refusing RML’s application, a hearing officer appointed by the Intellectual Property Office noted that coins described as sovereigns are struck by a number of countries, including British Overseas Territories and Commonwealth nations. The officer found that the word ‘sovereign’ had not acquired a distinctive character. A sovereign was a denomination of legal tender and the word did not distinguish coins from a particular source."

Anyone is free to make a coin/medal and call it a sovereign 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

2 hours ago, Paul said:

thanks for the link @Kman ive just read it over a nice cup of tea.   The comments section shows how few of the general public/guardian readers actually own any gold 

It could be some people in certain circles are just not admitting possessing any of the yellow metal.

Copied from the newspaper article -

"Every time there’s a major global event, the price of gold sparks and the phones in Baird’s warehouse ring. The last time the price rose significantly was last month when the US president, Donald Trump, warned North Korea not to “try us”."

Did the author check the charts ?

Must be looking at something else so what else is made up reporting ?

As for inspecting your bars I think this is total bullshit. These people would not travel to check their inventory, more likely be handing over more metal for vaulting or taking out a bar or 2 to exchange for expensive Christmas presents avoiding the papertrail of credit cards.

Archived