• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Periodic table rounds

swAgger

This was fun browsing. The table of elements in coin form. Partly done by others before but never with an eye on completing, naturally! Caps duly doffed to these guys though, who are doggedly going for it, and keep going back to it. Began in 2006, hit a wall for the last few years but as technology allows they are trying to forge ahead.

http://www.elementsales.com/ecoins.htm

5a216b839f8bd_Screenshot-2017-12-1MetalliumIncRareExoticMetalsandElementsforSale-ElementCoinSeries-.png.39eb7f23e00f1a1d808bec31527c9813.png

Complete is their aim. The gases will be some of the last. From their site; Gases: These will eventually be offered sealed in glass capsules with the coin pattern marked on them. An etching process for glass has been tested with mixed results so far but more testing will be done. Alternate processes for marking the coin pattern in a gas-filled glass capsule will be tested also.

This is surely where the grading companies will finally draw a line, wouldn't you think?!

Good too they are planning ahead for lithium "a glass capsule encased in a clear resin block." whew. :)

3 hours ago, buckeyecoins said:

Isn't this a lawsuit waiting to happen?  I mean some of these elements would be radioactive and/or reactive if they come into contact.  

It's a good point and a real concern for some elements. I wonder as well did they need special approval or license for some elements. They would, right? They seem very aware of all risks, anyway, and taken steps like here for Thallium and Mercury (encased in a clear hard resin)

5a220799c1a6d_Screenshot-2017-12-2MetalliumIncRareExoticMetalsandElementsforSale-ElementCoinHistoryandDescriptions.png.c0d7f6775c80e727d4827662ddedeedd.png  5a2209de11f66_Screenshot-2017-12-2MetalliumIncRareExoticMetalsandElementsforSale-ElementCoinHistoryandDescriptions(2).png.2e127ed29915499ab428b81d3fcc5e2a.png

This one - Gallium - is amusing. Comes as a coin in an airtite. But it's your bad if you forget the warning and take it out for a look on a hot summer day!

5a220b1d50711_Screenshot-2017-12-2MetalliumIncRareExoticMetalsandElementsforSale-ElementCoinHistoryandDescriptions(3).png.23f968e44674728918ab4941945b10bc.png

31 minutes ago, Cacc said:

Not gonna lie...this is frickin awesome! Quite the jump from precious metals to random metals...but if I bought one then I would HAVE TO buy them all!

True. I'd have to complete if i started too. So i'm staying clear! But i like what they're doing, and i'll be checking back to the site for any updates on how they are getting on in the future. Interesting stuff.

Archived