• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Libertad Premiums

999magnum

When you say comparable coins do you mean Eagles ? or other one ounce bullion coins ?
The Libertads are full of fine detail and also come in stunning proof versions and other sizes unlike many "comparable" coins.
Depending on where you buy I don't always see big differences in premiums unless the mintage is very low and hence rarer.

Yes in comparison to Eagles, and Maples. I see a $4 maybe $5 difference.

5 minutes ago, kimchi said:

On the silver? I don't know much about those but have newly bought into the series - very gladly, because I think they are very beautiful coins indeed :)

I look forward to learning more on this thread hopefully!

I'm sorry yes the silver. I keep on forgetting that lots here are gold collectors also.

Also I'm strictly talking about the BU version. Not proof,no secret double minted proofed and boxed.

1 minute ago, 999magnum said:

Yes in comparison to Eagles, and Maples. I see a $4 maybe $5 difference.

I'm sorry yes the silver. I keep on forgetting that lots here and gold collectors also.

No need to add really (soz!), this topic's in the silver section - I'm just interested in these coins now in general, so look forward to learning about the silver as well as gold, I think they're stunning :)

Have the 'strange' (aka 'unfathomable'!) gold mintage variations plagued the silver ones too?

Just checked some pricing in Europe ( best prices ) for 1 oz silver coins, single qty -

Year     Libertad     Eagle

2017      €18.53    €17.44
2016        20.63      21.50
2015        20.09      21.95
2013        21.98      18.84
2010        22.63      19.04
2009       19.63       18.94

For these randomly chosen years there really aren't much premium differences.

13 minutes ago, 999magnum said:

What I've been seeing on ebay is that prices on Libertads are really all over the place. I've seen as much as $34 for a BU and as low as $24 for a scratched one.

Sounds like the mintages figures on the gold, no-one seems to know what this Mint are up to (including the Mint themselves!)

Just searched through some other years and pricing was all over the place.
For example the 1996 was €32.66 from supplier A but €106 from supplier B.
1998 was €115.28 and some 2000 decade coins were quite expensive by comparison to the average.
Pricing didn't correlate that well with mintages

I've just recently completed the date run In oz bu silver Libertad's and a lot of searching around for the best deals and what I found was all price premiums was down to mintage figures as about 20 years out of the 35 years mintage are below 1m and in comparison to all the other big mints i.e. England, America, & Canada that is not a lot 

1 hour ago, AgD said:

I've just recently completed the date run In oz bu silver Libertad's and a lot of searching around for the best deals and what I found was all price premiums was down to mintage figures as about 20 years out of the 35 years mintage are below 1m and in comparison to all the other big mints i.e. England, America, & Canada that is not a lot 

These numbers are all over the place just like their pricing. It's very interesting. I was mainly speaking about the 1 oz bullion at the inception of this post, but looking at the mintage, maybe the real topic here are any other size besides the 1 oz. The numbers are low I imagine for a national coin, but take a look at the numbers from the other sizes. It's amazing.

http://donbailey-mexico.com/libertad_mintages.shtml

From what I remember it's because the mintage is relatively low to date. If we consider that not many Mexicans are collecting them at the present moment, as they migrate and settle in the USA, they will want to invest and what better way than their own homeland coins, therefore, wanting to go back in date...

Archived