• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens beast unicorn bullion

Ryland

I think I was told way back when that the lion would be the key release to the set (?). Long sold out isn't it, and was it the first? Lots more folk are on board now so I'd imagine there are a lot more unicorns, which reduces its chances imho.

I have one (Lion) but the series doesn't grab me particularly, I'll sell it on with the other one I have (both NGC 69) when the time seems right. How are they doing at the moment?

19 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I think I was told way back when that the lion would be the key release to the set (?). Long sold out isn't it, and was it the first?

The lion was the first then the griffin, dragon and now the unicorn.  I loved the lion design and bought a mini tube of 10, only one griffin and no dragons.  For some reason I don’t like dragons on coins....don’t know why.  Last night I just bought 10 of the unicorns for almost at spot!  Very happy with that.  I realize that it’s mostly just a play on gold price but it would be nice if they were also sought after in the future.

26 minutes ago, blab said:
1 hour ago, Goldmick said:
You can stil buy the lion from Atkinson for £283 

I checked that yesterday after watching shadow stacks video and they never had any, now they do, but they only have 4 in stock.

So you can buy 4 lol

6 minutes ago, MrGeorge said:

Yes 1oz bullion payed £1035 for mine but golds down a little since then, there now £1026 

https://www.royalmintbullion.com/Products/Queens-Beasts/Gold/QB16L1CP

Here they go for more than that 

https://www.apmex.com/product/96671/2016-great-britain-1-oz-gold-queens-beasts-the-lion

last night I paid $1306.79 for the unicorn with a credit card!  So you can take off 2% because of the card I used.  So roughly $1280.65 or £967.70

2 minutes ago, blab said:
4 minutes ago, Goldmick said:
So you can buy 4 lol

Lol i don't need 4. I only mentioned it as i just thought it was abit strange how they had none but got 4 now, so where would they of got them from?

They buy from the public so I guess someone cashed in four (or perhaps more before you checked, unless you had an alert set up?). Could be from a bigger number that were cherry picked, could be blind, who knows!

1 hour ago, MrGeorge said:

I got my lion last month from royal mint so there not sold out, also found them the cheapest by far

The 1/4 bullion? If so surprised to hear that, but maybe they found a few odd ones laying around (or, to be more cynical, perhaps had kept back to get more folk interested in the new release!).

33 minutes ago, blab said:

I knew they buy from the public but wouldn't that be in the ''pre-owned" section not "new" unless they found more stock. Who knows.?

You could well be right, sorry - I don't think you mentioned they were in the 'new' section (?).

If there were coins on the RM site also recently it seems like maybe the mint have released either a few they 'found', or some of the last few they kept back to cover returns.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived