• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

what software do you use?

utoh123

Excel. Also label the cardboard boxes with the various contents so i have at least some idea what is what.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

I use Exact Change (http://www.exactchange.info/), but that software will run you $80usd. It is perfect if you have a coin collection as well, otherwise it is overkill and expensive. There are dozens of different coin software out there, but Exact Change is one of the only ones that has world bullion built in instead of it being something you have to manually add.

If you are just a stacker and less of a collector, then the other advice of Excel or Google Sheets is your best (and free) bet. Going this route, it is always good to have a column for spot price a the time of purchase so that you know what premium above spot you paid instead of just the amount that you paid.

10 hours ago, Scuzzle said:

I just use an Excel spreadsheet, all manual input and adding up as I used to be able to do all the cell formula stuff but I've forgotten most of it.

Hey man, if you go up to the hard tabs where Home and Page Layout are, there is a tab called Formulas, an FX allows you to configure a formula. There are quite a few free excel tutorials and though its easy to manually add up, its cooler to have formulas.

Excel is all you need. I have a small spreadsheet for my stack. The spreadsheet has 4 worksheets or pages if you prefer; Summary, Gold, Silver, Numismatics.

Summary has the total invested into gold, total in silver, and spot value of the coins and finally an unrealized profit/loss. On the summary page i also keep spot price and use that in the formula. The other worksheets quite simply display dates, description, amount and price paid with totals. 

Highly recommend doing it yourself.

Archived