• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

It's a nice set to collect, my first half sov was the 1887, I then had to get the 1887 full sov, and then I thought to myself I have to get the rest now lol. They are nothing special or high grade just circulated ones really but I'm happy with them. Please do! I will be looking forward to it :) 

5 minutes ago, Micky9776 said:

It's a nice set to collect, my first half sov was the 1887, I then had to get the 1887 full sov, and then I thought to myself I have to get the rest now lol. They are nothing special or high grade just circulated ones really but I'm happy with them. Please do! I will be looking forward to it :) 

There’s 7 different 1887 full sovereigns. That could be a challenge getting all those. Dangerous path though, where does it end!

14 minutes ago, Micky9776 said:

I found pictures of the larger coins before grading. The Anacs will be put in a NGC holder. The 1/2 Sov is still with Numi but he sent a pic. I show before and after. I am thrilled with MS 61

IMG_20180214_1444202_rewind.jpg

IMG_20180214_1445100_rewind.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

6 minutes ago, Elements said:

There’s 7 different 1887 full sovereigns. That could be a challenge getting all those. Dangerous path though, where does it end!

Very dangerous indeed! I can't get side tracked again, I need 5 more sovs to complete the Edward 1902-1910 date run 😂 Then I don't know from there, It would be nice to get the 1887 ones but it will work out quite expensive, I still need a Sydney and South Africa minted ones so they will be on the to buy list....the list just keeps on getting bigger and bigger lol

1 minute ago, Ansel said:

Yesterday was a fantastic day! Valentine's Day arrived and I was finally going to see my wife's reaction to @BackyardBullion's beautifully made silver heart. Suffice to say she was very happy. But I was in for a surprise too..

I wonder how much BYB was smiling to himself knowing that we had both ordered gifts from him, for each other?! I absolutely adore my Ripple Dragon, it is so tactile and wonderful to play with. Thank you BYB, you made yesterday a very special day. :wub:

I have to say - Mrs BYB and I were very happy about this little cosmic happenstance!

We were pretty worried about either of you recognising the BYB parcel when they came through the door! Glad it was a good surprise for you both and that you guys had a good valentine's day!

4 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

I have to say - Mrs BYB and I were very happy about this little cosmic happenstance!

We were pretty worried about either of you recognising the BYB parcel when they came through the door! Glad it was a good surprise for you both and that you guys had a good valentine's day!

Well then, my wife has just told me that I actually received this from the postman and said, "Oh, is this my valentines present?!!" "No it is a cat food sample I ordered," she told me, happy that she could take it from me quickly before I turned it over and saw the BYB sticker on the back. I didn't think any more of it except that the cats were lucky to be getting treats through the post as my wife is often finding free offers for them. 

1 minute ago, Ansel said:

Well then, my wife has just told me that I actually received this from the postman and said, "Oh, is this my valentines present?!!" "No it is a cat food sample I ordered," she told me, happy that she could take it from me quickly before I turned it over and saw the BYB sticker on the back. I didn't think any more of it except that the cats were lucky to be getting treats through the post as my wife is often finding free offers for them. 

LOL - just LOL!

6 hours ago, mr-dead said:

My raffle win arrived today (got stung with £18 import duty from the US)

2017 150g proof panda.

IMG_20180216_000143.jpg

IMG_20180216_000229.jpg

IMG_20180216_000330.jpg

£18, ouch! I don't mind the import duty so much, it's the £8 admin fee from RM that makes me wince. 

A very nice competition win though, it looks lovely. 

1 hour ago, Numistacker said:

Are there any other Melbourne shield Sovereign fans out there?

Oh yes. It's a nice little series to collect but, as you say, has a few challenges.

I have a 83 (and a couple of others) which is on paper the rarest at mintage 427k but the 86 and 87 seem more difficult to find. I keep meaning to try and complete the set but other things keep getting in the way.:D

The Sydney series is another nice one to collect; more years but all seem to be easier to find than the Melbourne.