• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

2 hours ago, Numistacker said:

Added a strike on the day Sapphire Sovereign to the stack many thanks to@Regalstacker for making one of his available.

Very nice, I've been watching Ebay  since the SOTD 1817 in (unrealistic) hopes that a sapphire one comes up at a good price 

One seems to have sold for BIN of £795 yesterday 

Edited by Kman

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Just now, shortstack68 said:

Lets hope its not another silver krug scenario

Not sure what you mean by that.  This is the 4th year and the price is pretty much consistent across their "protection de la nature" range.  MCI silver is just expensive.  There won't be enough demand for dealers to raise prices during shortages.

1 minute ago, shortstack68 said:

I wasn't talking about price as you'd only mentioned the delay, funny how people get wires crossed

Still don't get it.  The production delay of the Krugs caused crazy pricing.  If it's not about pricing, I don't understand why there was reference to it.

Lets hope its not another silver krug scenario

If you could elaborate it would be much appreciated.  Sometimes things go straight over my head or I misunderstand.

9 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

Not sure what you'd call a "good price" but at around £615 it looks like the sellers are just trying to get their money back, 1 even left unsold at £615, a hot item

Issue or less. 

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

The silver Krugs also had delivery/production problems and had a 3 month delay from initial announcement

I waited 2 months from ordering to receiving the coin so there was a slight delay.  I still don't understand what the significance and effect would be if there is a slightly longer delay to this coin.

BIN seems to be good to me, cheaper than the mint

"Wouldn't that mean they would be an undesirable coin? B)"

"Depends if they sell at auction or BIN?"

Not sure how your last post relates to this

44 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

it also would mean that it's not highly desirable if it's selling for around £85 less after fees are taken into account

You argue just to argue I think, you're often quite abrasive. 

A single BIN price on its own means nothing, I could list a sovereign for £1 BIN, does that mean all sovereigns are worth £1 now?

That coins BIN was £465, one sold recently with a BIN of £795, 

If one popped up again for £465 BIN id probably buy it, that would be a good price for me the buyer

If one sold for £465 at auction then that would be more indicative there isn't much interest in the coin currently, but again, a one off even at auction doesn't conclusively prove that's all it's worth

Edited by Kman

4 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

Because if you read your initial post it states you still haven't had the coin due to production delays 2 months after purchase. Now i'm sure you know the reason the Krugs were delayed.....

Minting/shipping problems, hopefully we're slowly getting there?

Possible my post wasn't super clear but for clarification in this "today I received" thread.

Today I received the 2017 Benin Elephant.   (See the posted pictures).  Tomorrow will be 2 months to the day since I ordered it.  The late delivery was supposed to be something to do with production delays.

I think that should be super clear and avoid any confusion.  Sorry if my post in a received thread with pics some how lead you to believe I still hadn't received it due to my original bad wordings.

• Founder & Administrator

Thanks @shawy2510:) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

On page 294 I only just noticed what appears to be a small amount of frosting missing from a coin from @Numistacker post. I have circled what I think may be missing frosting below.
Apologies if this has been noticed / discussed before. 

Could such a small thing make a difference if sent for grading? 

Either way still such lovely coins

InkedIMG_4942.thumb.JPG.e9ca9a6308cb3c00993b0734c98a0f15_LI.jpg

1 hour ago, Vern said:

I have circled what I think may be missing frosting below.

Could such a small thing make a difference if sent for grading? 

InkedIMG_4942.thumb.JPG.e9ca9a6308cb3c00993b0734c98a0f15_LI.jpg

It may look like some missing frosting but on the other picture (in the flip) or the video, there is no sign of it. Seems to be a shadow. 

Using a black line to mark something on golf is always hard to see. Better use read. 

I had a look at some of the recent PF 70 ultra cameo coins from the Royal Mint on eBay. The pictures often show faint frosting or even missing bits. NGC states that PF 70 means "no post-production imperfections at 5x magnification". I guess with bulk submission that assume that any damaged frosting is from the production. If you were to hand in such a coin they might think you caused the damage...

2 hours ago, augur said:

It may look like some missing frosting but on the other picture (in the flip) or the video, there is no sign of it. Seems to be a shadow. 

Using a black line to mark something on golf is always hard to see. Better use read. 

I had a look at some of the recent PF 70 ultra cameo coins from the Royal Mint on eBay. The pictures often show faint frosting or even missing bits. NGC states that PF 70 means "no post-production imperfections at 5x magnification". I guess with bulk submission that assume that any damaged frosting is from the production. If you were to hand in such a coin they might think you caused the damage...

It's also in the video (comparing the 5 BU with the large Proof) You uploaded from Numi in the other thread at the 9.55 min mark you uploaded tuesday 11th July. I've seen it much worse than this in the same area on these coins. I'll tell you what it's not looking good for the Royal Mint at this rate. Such a shame for many but lucky for those with perfect examples. . http://thesilverforum.com/topic/9466-new-2017-quintuple-sovereign/?page=2

Edited by Vern

6 minutes ago, Vern said:

It's also in the video (comparing the 5 BU with the large Proof) You uploaded from Numi in the other thread at the 9.55 min mark you uploaded tuesday 11th July. I've seen it much worse than this in the same area on these coins. I'll tell you what it's not looking good for the Royal Mint at this rate. Such a shame for many but lucky for those with perfect examples. . http://thesilverforum.com/topic/9466-new-2017-quintuple-sovereign/?page=2

Have a look at 10:29 onwards on the video - there the frosting starts to look intact again. It seems that if the frosting is thinner (e.g. BU or queens beasts silver proof) it can look as if it was missing depending on the angle of light.

But I agree with probably many, that QC leaves much to be desired but gold of any purity seems more favourable than 9999 silver. 

Is it missing frosting or the nature of the BU strike process. When I had the coins side by side the BU was more "watery" compared with the proof.