• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

Seems like that is the photo of the original slabbed coin and this seller is selling counterfeit coins in counterfeit slabs with the same PCGS cert.

Looking at it again I don't think even the picture is the genuine either.

Edited by MikeSol

NCS could most likely take care of that spot for you.  If you really want the coin for your collection, it may be worth a few bones to have them look at it.  I know @Numistacker has had good luck with NCS taking care of red spots on at least one of his sovereigns.  Just a thought.

25 minutes ago, Jester said:

NCS could most likely take care of that spot for you.  If you really want the coin for your collection, it may be worth a few bones to have them look at it.  I know @Numistacker has had good luck with NCS taking care of red spots on at least one of his sovereigns.  Just a thought.

Thank you mate 

but don't think it worth it (not a rare coin) 

going to send it back 

need the money anyways after what i spent last night on the 2017 sovs lol 

A 2017 Unicorn of Scotland 1 oz Silver Proof with milk spotting and the added bonus of a finger print , i knew i would regret this purchase.

unicorn a.jpg

unicorn b.jpg

Edited by Silvergun

7 hours ago, Sovereign said:

Just got this 

1925 full sov MS65 

IMG_1044.JPG

IMG_1046.JPG

Nice coin - and looks like a real MS65 - trust me, I am an expert now??! 

Thanks to everyone for all the advice and detective work on my miserable fail on the 1865 Morgan (that clearly isn't...!). I have certainly learned another lesson the hard way. I was genuinely excited to get an 1893 and the 65 was a bonus, but turned out to be a nightmare! I was reassured when I tracked down the verification , but without a PCGS picture I was never 100% sure.  

What a disreputable bunch of people there are out there - selling fakes (or at best, below par genuine coins) in fake slabs.  I will work to get my money back, as it was "only" £151, but still - it's money I could have spent elsewhere. Was not from a Chinese site.  I am surprised that the Phillie 1893 is being selected for this - as it's the 1893 S that has the real collectors value. Makes me want to focus on either gold, or modern silver / Pd / Pt instead of risking tracking down genuine old silver coins. 

Lindeman  

Got my first bit of gold today with my gs.be order. 1/10th britannia. Now i have finished off my silver needs for this year until 18's are released, gonna start a wee gold stack to fill the time :) Should i keep it in the mint pack are put it into a capsule? Does it even matter?

Also picked up 1 of those big ben coins and mix of a few others. Not sure how that series will pan out, should be a nice. I only got the 1 cause im not paying 24 euro for a coin that will milk up. 

IMG_20170627_190819.thumb.jpg.12959fbc7f072e8656e7dfbc3d3cc401.jpg

IMG_20170627_191324.jpg

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

7 hours ago, Lindeman said:

Nice coin - and looks like a real MS65 - trust me, I am an expert now??! 

Thanks to everyone for all the advice and detective work on my miserable fail on the 1865 Morgan (that clearly isn't...!). I have certainly learned another lesson the hard way. I was genuinely excited to get an 1893 and the 65 was a bonus, but turned out to be a nightmare! I was reassured when I tracked down the verification , but without a PCGS picture I was never 100% sure.  

What a disreputable bunch of people there are out there - selling fakes (or at best, below par genuine coins) in fake slabs.  I will work to get my money back, as it was "only" £151, but still - it's money I could have spent elsewhere. Was not from a Chinese site.  I am surprised that the Phillie 1893 is being selected for this - as it's the 1893 S that has the real collectors value. Makes me want to focus on either gold, or modern silver / Pd / Pt instead of risking tracking down genuine old silver coins. 

Lindeman  

@Lindeman, if it would help you bounce back, I've got a 2014 5 oz Proof Libertad in its original capsule I'd sell you.  Only 800 minted that year.  You said you had a thing for Libertads...you know you wanna.

14Libertad.jpg.957e7105edca53bdca9af4e564a3a5ab.jpg

18 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

Oh dear.........

This is slightly off putting for someone such as myself trying to get into the old silver coins I didn't know the fakes were that good is there any telltale signs we can look out for? Are they magnetic? Your knowledge would be very much appreciated!

On 2017-6-24 at 18:38, matrawr said:

I have a new silver collecting favourite! Quite like these old us coins.

1498325630349363780013.jpg

1498325682222-1881833566.jpg

Sorry for the repost but I noticed a few likes on my original post is this coin a good un? Would it be worth grading at some point? Like to receive some feedback from a knowledgeable member :)

I picked up a brand new piece of hand poured silver for the community stack! 

Fossil Metals - I have just uploaded a video showing it on my YouTube channel!

IMG_20170627_201304.thumb.jpg.fbdb64f79c7cbde08e0e1a59a1e623a3.jpg

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

First Nanjing [emoji209] panda 2017 arrived. silver 199 mintage and silver antique 30 mintage.

IMG_4675.JPG

IMG_4676.JPG

IMG_4677.JPG

First Nanjing [emoji209] panda 2017 arrived. silver 199 mintage and silver antique 30 mintage.

IMG_4675.JPG

IMG_4676.JPG

IMG_4677.JPG

6 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

When you hear the words alibaba, well, they are basically the fake capital on the internet. The problem being is that Lindeman' coin was already in a holder, the grade of MS65 doesn't match the coin, it's far to worn, if you take a look at the OBV of the coin you have posted again and then look at the one from Lindeman then you'll see the difference.

If it's any consolation, a lot of fakes are really really good, so if you intend to collect these i'd be doing a lot of reading up on how to spot them, a majority of fakes are of rarer years because they can bring more money from the unwitting buyer. Your coin would look a good candidate for grading and if in MS grade NGC price guide would be between $65 and $95 so you have to ask yourself if the outlay is worth the return.......

Thanks shortstack68 I don't go near alibaba......only for reference! But I do purchase slot from eBay I've ordered a book on junk silver so hopefully that'll help and will do more research.

My first delivery of 10oz Queen's Beasts arrived this morning, very pleased with these. I've posted a thread about my experience of ordering these and delivery from my new dealer: http://thesilverforum.com/topic/9527-my-new-supplier-cheapest-10oz-qbs-silver-in-europe/#comment-122825 if anyone is interested. Got them for Euro2 cheaper (each) than goldsilver.be

20170628_114430.thumb.jpg.523795a118664cbcb9dc054592200f90.jpg

20170628_115233.thumb.jpg.2e026e459788c13fa09b5099d63c597b.jpg5953ac3e4ba1e_20170628_115300-Copy.thumb.jpg.1932587ac9ed5f07826d378e1ace04fc.jpg

Edited by Guest

2017 Somali Elephant WMF Privy with milk spots and milk smudges.

2017 Somali Elephant Rooster Privy

2016 Canadian 5 Blessing

2017 Canadian Rooster (yet another Lunar series), Landmarks of Britain - Big Ben & Mr Darth Vader

Also a 10oz QB Lion (plenty to see above)

2017-06-28 16.53.05.jpg

22 hours ago, Jester said:

@Lindeman, if it would help you bounce back, I've got a 2014 5 oz Proof Libertad in its original capsule I'd sell you.  Only 800 minted that year.  You said you had a thing for Libertads...you know you wanna.

14Libertad.jpg.957e7105edca53bdca9af4e564a3a5ab.jpg

Well thanks for thinking of me @Jester.... but I can happily report that 2 of the 800 are mine already??