• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

storage boxes for NGC slabs - UK purchase

breaktwister

How are you guys storing your slabbed coins?  I have had a look at some storage options today and most of the good boxes on ebay are not surprisingly in the USA so shipping costs are painful.  I know I can get PCCB boxes that hold 10 slabs cheap as chips from China but I was hoping for something to store 20 or upwards (and no smart arse answers saying just buy multiple PCCB!).

I see a lighthouse intercept box SL 50 (holds 50 slabs) from Germany for £26 which seems ok and also claims to protect from oxidation.  This is interesting to me as I will be storing gold and silver proofs for the long-term, I am not sure if this is a marketing ploy or how effective it is.  The only issue I can see with the SL50 is that there is no individual slots for the slabs, they just seem to rest up against each other.  Regardless I am leaning towards this purchase given options in the UK seem very limited.

Thoughts?

Well I have spent on average of £23 for a NGC storage box from this seller on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NGC-Silver-Graded-Coin-Storage-Box-Holds-20-Individual-Certified-Coins-Brand-New-/111915836219?hash=item1a0eb4233b:g:lsEAAOSwBLlU4-~b

Not sure how much the oxidation protection would help as I read it somewhere milkspots on silver is not due to oxidation but pollutants in air...

Omne aurum quod rex valūtās

1 minute ago, HyHy said:

Well I have spent on average of £23 for a NGC storage box from this seller on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NGC-Silver-Graded-Coin-Storage-Box-Holds-20-Individual-Certified-Coins-Brand-New-/111915836219?hash=item1a0eb4233b:g:lsEAAOSwBLlU4-~b

Not sure how much the oxidation protection would help as I read it somewhere milkspots on silver is not due to oxidation but pollutants in air...

The postage is more than the value of the box.... I just can't bring myself to make purchases like that!

1 minute ago, breaktwister said:

The postage is more than the value of the box.... I just can't bring myself to make purchases like that!

I know... but guess we don't have a choice as NGC does not give out free boxes like what PCGS does...

Omne aurum quod rex valūtās

The intercept SL50 will hold around 64 in standard configuration of 32 per row.

59e76dfadbf74_Screenshot2017-10-1816_00_26.thumb.png.fdd83c7336a604d9f5ccee337204b9eb.png

It'll  hold 70 as 5 x 7 per row.

59e76e3242a08_Screenshot2017-10-1815_58_05.thumb.png.f82d251862338f4382a12b62cfe7f510.png

I have mine all in sleeves and labelled and will hold 30 per row.

59e76e5c3d16b_Screenshot2017-10-1816_00_47.thumb.png.1ac1d05d776b674c601e0bf0da40f6cb.png

I use this box so I can label my slabs and I can fit more slabs in the same volume compared to NGC ones.

4 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

Is that perfect fit and what material are they ? I might need some for transport 

Perfect fit for both NGC and PCGS.  Supposed to be made from oriented polypropylene.

I'm using the cheap Chinese made storage boxes and they seem to be fine. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Storage-Box-Case-Black-PU-Leather-for-20PCS-PCGS-NGC-Slabs-Coin-Holders-/201965608365?hash=item2f06169dad:g:VkUAAOSwyltZUNp5

They hold 20x NGC or PCGS and they have a foam insert which keeps them just apart from each other.

1 hour ago, Scuzzle said:

I'm using the cheap Chinese made storage boxes and they seem to be fine. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Storage-Box-Case-Black-PU-Leather-for-20PCS-PCGS-NGC-Slabs-Coin-Holders-/201965608365?hash=item2f06169dad:g:VkUAAOSwyltZUNp5

They hold 20x NGC or PCGS and they have a foam insert which keeps them just apart from each other.

Thanks for that, would probably do the job for me as I have a mix of PCGS & NGC - would these take a few CGSUK as well?

1 minute ago, metallica73 said:

Thanks for that, would probably do the job for me as I have a mix of PCGS & NGC - would these take a few CGSUK as well?

Dunno mate but I have NGC, PCGS and ANACS slabs all in the one box so I would imagine anything else of a similar size and shape should fit OK, that foam insert in the base grips the different make slabs well.

Archived