• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2017 Swan PROOF Coin ON SALE NOW!

MexStack

Yet another example of the hype and gouge train, only this time the coin has been tainted by greed/made undesirable before it has even left the dealership :P 

It is a very nice 1 oz silver coin though, I will give it that. :D

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

If none of you hadn’t realized (I did mention it yesterday) but Apmex commissioned the Swan from the Perth Mint, so because the BU flew off the shelves when they arrived Apmex kept pushing the price, its not a new coin, it’s the same coin as 6 months ago, it’s their baby and up to them they distribute to other dealers or not, but considering how the BU went they now want all that action.

Apmex started to sell this commission Silver Proof Coin yesterday morning at USD$70 with limit quantity.   ( max 25 pcs per customer )

Then USD$80, then USD$90, then USD$100 to today’s USD$150

Perth Mint then started to selling this coin on its website hours after, for AUD$99 ( equivalent to USD$77.66 ) with no quantity limit per customer but limited to Australian.  ( shipping address within Australia ).   Heard Perth Mint had 200pcs + stock but soldout now.

Apmex still has the coin for USD$150 

https://www.apmex.com/product/154743/2017-australia-1-oz-silver-swan-proof-w-box-coa

The Coin Shoppe ( dealer in Canada ) has few available at this moment for CAD$185 ( equivalent to USD$148 )

https://www.apmex.com/product/154743/2017-australia-1-oz-silver-swan-proof-w-box-coa

p.s. I bought from Apmex at USD$100 for 25 pcs, free shipping within USA.

On 10/16/2017 at 17:23, tbone said:

The GOLD coin is a very good deal right now (unless Apmex jacks the price way up).  For less than 10% above spot, get an ounce of gold from Perth with a great design and (fairly) limited mintage at 5k.  Plus the word is they'll be changing designs each year, so this design shouldn't repeat.  No brainer imo.

Need to get the right coin, right when it comes out.  This is the right coin, if you can beat Apmex to the punch, it'll be at the right price too.

Now just over 100 left of the gold, my guess is once this batch is sold out, the remaining batch (how many?) will be about $200 more. 

Being new to the various processes of purchasing newly released coins and being relatively naive, I have totally lost the opportunity to buy the Swan from Apmex when it was first announced and came out. I like the image of the Swan and I would have wanted to buy a couple of silvers at the original price. Sadly the game has gone on without me.....

But isn’t Apmex now involved in dubious tactics, seemingly having commissioned, bought up and now exploited the release? I’m not sure I’d want to be part of that kind of exploitation anyway. There’s such a thing as good profit and fair play and then there’s dirty capitalism.

Leaves a sour taste in the mouth......

The big problem will be i think that if dealers will take them into stock they are buying them also from APMEX (at this moment). This makes that there is / will be availability for European customers, but at a very high price. I ordered one today (with a little pain in the heart) from Münzdachs. 

45 minutes ago, PolarPanda said:

The big problem will be i think that if dealers will take them into stock they are buying them also from APMEX (at this moment). This makes that there is / will be availability for European customers, but at a very high price. I ordered one today (with a little pain in the heart) from Münzdachs. 

Wow priced at 169euro,,,they keep listing 20 or 30 of them on the Perth mint website for about the equivalent of 65euro

Hope our cricket team is as big a hit as these swans

23 minutes ago, aussiesilver said:

Wow priced at 169euro,,,they keep listing 20 or 30 of them on the Perth mint website for about the equivalent of 65euro

I know my friend and that's very good for you Aussies, but we as poor Europeans don't have anything from that... :( 

50 minutes ago, aussiesilver said:

Do you know how much shipping will be from Australia to UK? I know someone that knows someone out there, might see if they can get me 5 or so...

12 hours ago, Gorseinonboy said:

Being new to the various processes of purchasing newly released coins and being relatively naive, I have totally lost the opportunity to buy the Swan from Apmex when it was first announced and came out. I like the image of the Swan and I would have wanted to buy a couple of silvers at the original price. Sadly the game has gone on without me.....

But isn’t Apmex now involved in dubious tactics, seemingly having commissioned, bought up and now exploited the release? I’m not sure I’d want to be part of that kind of exploitation anyway. There’s such a thing as good profit and fair play and then there’s dirty capitalism.

Leaves a sour taste in the mouth......

You say that on here and you will get verbally (LOL) annihilated.

3 hours ago, Sal said:

You say that on here and you will get verbally (LOL) annihilated.

Not at all. There's a big difference between a large company with a monopoly exploiting the release in such a way as to create a frenzy and ramp up the price extortionately and an small, independent coin dealer doing the best they have with their small allocation of a limited coin release, that everyone else is selling.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

8 hours ago, AlphaBeast said:

Do you know how much shipping will be from Australia to UK? I know someone that knows someone out there, might see if they can get me 5 or so...

It's not cheap for insured, tracked delivery but not excessive, maybe £20 - 25

The problem will be getting the coins, the mint don't have many, and don't forget the VAT on entry to the UK

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

41 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

It's not cheap for insured, tracked delivery but not excessive, maybe £20 - 25

The problem will be getting the coins, the mint don't have many, and don't forget the VAT on entry to the UK

offer u cant refuse ?:ph34r: see mr .......short names

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

The emotional cycle we go through at the release of the next never ending HOT coin.... brings out the 'Grrrr' all through the process.

Grievous, grinding, grueling - as you feverishly click and tap your way through any and all dealer sites you can think of, even that last resort guy you swore it would be a cold day in hell before you'd do business with him again [but hey if the price is right, you're in a forgiving mood]

Grubby, grabby, greedy - words you fling at the screen in disgust for all dealers the world over when you see pre-order prices everywhere are already double the norm. [May a sleepy wasp crawl inside their pyjamas during the day]

Grave, grim, grumpy - those little doubts after you do convince yourself it's a wise investment [not to mention you deserve to treat yourself] and part with a large sum of money that your 'significant other' had reasonable expectations you would be using to pay the latest home fuel bill. [but he/she will surely see your savvy investment skills when you explain the whole coin-strategy-thing logically once again, and that you were lucky to have got one you might add]

Grand, great, gratifying - when that beauty arrives it was all worth it [ok in more ways than one the house is a little cooler than you'd like.... but look what you got!!!]

23 hours ago, AlphaBeast said:

A kilo of weight can be shipped from oz to the UK for about 40 pound.This is super quick 3 day delivery or you could probably get it down to about 20 pound for normal airmail  which would take about 10 days

I received my 5 Proof swans today, if anyone in the UK really wants one PM me... I paid the original offer price so I can offer members a significantly less price than what APMEX is charging... Otherwise they are all going on ebay tonight...

Cheers20171019_195011.jpg20171019_194827.jpg20171019_194730.jpg

3 hours ago, Pipers said:

If you have any sense you would not get involved in this coin, it is quite obvious it's a pump and sell by dealers. 

Chris where are you you used to stop blatant pumping on this site.

So all the peoples that buy it don't have any sense... It's still a fantastic coin. 

10 hours ago, mongo28 said:

I received my 5 Proof swans today, if anyone in the UK really wants one PM me... I paid the original offer price so I can offer members a significantly less price than what APMEX is charging... Otherwise they are all going on ebay tonight...

Cheers20171019_195011.jpg20171019_194827.jpg20171019_194730.jpg

Hi Mongo. 

What's the total price for 2 x swans shipped to the UK?

30 minutes ago, 649tom said:

Hi Mongo. 

What's the total price for 2 x swans shipped to the UK?

I PMed him for one as well if both of us git it probably we should combine shipment?

Omne aurum quod rex valūtās

15 hours ago, Pipers said:

If you have any sense you would not get involved in this coin, it is quite obvious it's a pump and sell by dealers. 

Chris where are you you used to stop blatant pumping on this site.

12 hours ago, PolarPanda said:

So all the peoples that buy it don't have any sense... It's still a fantastic coin. 

@PolarPanda Thats not what I said please read again.  

Now read read the above posts please, the buyer thinks he is getting a good offer!  If it is a good coin or not is not the point. 

If the buyers all said no we will not buy then the seller number 2 would still have 5 coins on his hands. On the other hand if buyer 2 (2 of them in this case) buys 2 coins then he will need to sell one coin at a profit in the UK, he needs the pumping to carry on in fact he also is lured into the pumping process! He becomes seller 3 the price of the coins rises again but seller 3 only makes a small profit, the big profits are made by seller 1 and 2.  

Again i stress it is not the point if the product is good or not the sellers pumps the product so the selling price is higher than it would ever usually become then the price falls back down when interest starts to wane.  

I am sorry if this upsets people, it happens in a lot of industries, coins are expensive so the costs are higher and  coin collectors are giving up on collecting coins and finding other interests!    

10 minutes ago, Pipers said:

@PolarPanda Thats not what I said please read again.  

Now read read the above posts please, the buyer thinks he is getting a good offer!  If it is a good coin or not is not the point. 

If the buyers all said no we will not buy then the seller number 2 would still have 5 coins on his hands. On the other hand if buyer 2 (2 of them in this case) buys 2 coins then he will need to sell one coin at a profit in the UK, he needs the pumping to carry on in fact he also is lured into the pumping process! He becomes seller 3 the price of the coins rises again but seller 3 only makes a small profit, the big profits are made by seller 1 and 2.  

Again i stress it is not the point if the product is good or not the sellers pumps the product so the selling price is higher than it would ever usually become then the price falls back down when interest starts to wane.  

I am sorry if this upsets people, it happens in a lot of industries, coins are expensive so the costs are higher and  coin collectors are giving up on collecting coins and finding other interests!    

People are not giving up on coin collecting, in the opposite. Look at the amount of new members coming every day to this and other forums. Look at the huge interest there is on social media pages and Youtube channels about coins. The mintages on some coins have never been so big and they (almost) all sell out. I think you have a lot of frustration about this coin and in one way you are totally right, but it's not fair to reflect this on the market as it's own. It's just a bitchy move from APMEX and the Perth Mint, but that doesn't make the interest in this coin less. 90 percent of the peoples that complain about this coin will eventually buy it, the rest is pure business. 

Archived