• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

profiting off Ebay with PM

iodio

hey I'm new to this forum, how do people profit from Ebay? Shipping costs + ebay commissions Etc. Id like to sell some of my coins.  I want to profit Lol!!

PS: do people buy milk spotted coins? or how do I clean them

thanks!

I think if you only want to sell a few items you are as well just waiting for the cheap or free selling days when Ebay selling fees are reduced.  For example I have yesterday and today to list 10 items max where the selling fees will be £1 max with no insertion fees.  The rest comes down to picking up your silver cheap, looking back though my spreadsheet there are items I picked up @ £12 odd I'm certain would see at least £20 if I put them on Ebay.

Postage would need to be cheap, 2nd class signed for and you would need bubble wrap envelopes, I usually recycle ones that people send me stuff in, for long enough the Post office never franked the stamps so I never had to pay for postage I just taped a new address on them and sent them out again but they are doing it now more of late I notice.

For milk spotting there are videos on Youtube but I think a soft pencil eraser is the favourite method.

Edit - I see you are Canadian so the UK Postal shortcomings won't apply.

4 hours ago, iodio said:

hey I'm new to this forum, how do people profit from Ebay? Shipping costs + ebay commissions Etc. Id like to sell some of my coins.  I want to profit Lol!!

PS: do people buy milk spotted coins? or how do I clean them

thanks!

First... find  items people want

Second...buy it for cheapest price

Third... Sell it for highest price

And maximize on selling fees.

Simple...LOL

don't forget to quote high postage and packaging charges and then sending on cheapest possible mail fees. LOL

This cracked me up.

Firstly, if a sales-method works, people won't tell you about it.

Milk spots = no profit, unless you bought very low.  They'll sell close to spot.

In short, you lose 15% in ebay and paypal commission, and then about £2.50 per coin in postage (signed for).

Good luck.

10 hours ago, Scuzzle said:

I think if you only want to sell a few items you are as well just waiting for the cheap or free selling days when Ebay selling fees are reduced.  For example I have yesterday and today to list 10 items max where the selling fees will be £1 max with no insertion fees.  The rest comes down to picking up your silver cheap, looking back though my spreadsheet there are items I picked up @ £12 odd I'm certain would see at least £20 if I put them on Ebay.

Postage would need to be cheap, 2nd class signed for and you would need bubble wrap envelopes, I usually recycle ones that people send me stuff in, for long enough the Post office never franked the stamps so I never had to pay for postage I just taped a new address on them and sent them out again but they are doing it now more of late I notice.

For milk spotting there are videos on Youtube but I think a soft pencil eraser is the favourite method.

Edit - I see you are Canadian so the UK Postal shortcomings won't apply.

thanks for the info sir.

I can tell you one thing not to do.  Don't fill your descriptions with utterly ridiculous terms and conditions that have absolutely no meaning on eBay!  The number of coin dealers listings that I see on eBay that have one sentence about the item being sold and then a novel on how they're not responsible if it goes missing in the post, are laughable!

Archived