• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queen's Beast 1oz Silver Proof

AlphaBeast

1 minute ago, jssagu said:

I just went to check my 2oz Lion lol..seems like it's in mint condition so fingers crossed! As long as it holds it value then I am not too fussed. Think they will become sought after in 10-20 years like Fehk2001 says. Fingers crossed.

It will be very impressive when you get all 10 :) and good luck from any spots 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jssagu said:

Lol haven't seen the one without the box..maybe they included it to make people think it's more 'legit' lol

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/gold/gold-coins/1-4oz-gold-coins/2016-uk-queen-s-beasts-the-lion-1-4oz-gold-coin

if u live near them you can collect them , see them in person 

and don't forget it's bullion they may not be perfect 

1 hour ago, Kman said:

I really like them 

I'm not a collector by nature, this is the only set I will be collecting (in 1oz silver proof) 

I think in years to come they might gain a decent premium, at worst they will hold their value, that is if as Fehk2001 has pointed out they don't milk spot; spots and quality control were seemingly a very large problem for the Lion even at release, I have one that's pretty good atm though, fingers crossed it stays like that 

Sold my 1 oz. Silver Proof Lion and Unicorn for that very reason. The proofs are very expensive for 1 oz. of Silver and as these guys have said, they have a decent chance to become milky or spot and if that happens, the coins value is down the drain...no collector looking for that coin ten years from now will pay a premium for your milky offering if others are out there in better condition even if theirs is more expensive than yours.

Here's my recommendation..if you're really drawn to the aesthetics of the series, just buy the 2 oz. Silver BU version. That way, if something happens to one of them in the future, it's not a huge hit to your initial investment and they'd be easier to replace with a problem-free coin.

I also like @fehk2001 recommendation to pick up the 1/4 oz. Gold BU. No worries about the milking or spotting and a great investment. So maybe pick up the cheaper 2 oz. Silver BU and the 1/4 oz. Gold BU.

Don't get me wrong, if you've got the risk appetite to accept the likelihood that the coin may milk or spot, the 1 oz. Silver proofs are beautiful coins. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

19 minutes ago, Jester said:

Sold my 1 oz. Silver Proof Lion and Unicorn for that very reason. The proofs are very expensive for 1 oz. of Silver and as these guys have said, they have a decent chance to become milky or spot and if that happens, the coins value is down the drain...no collector looking for that coin ten years from now will pay a premium for your milky offering if others are out there in better condition even if theirs is more expensive than yours.

Here's my recommendation..if you're really drawn to the aesthetics of the series, just buy the 2 oz. Silver BU version. That way, if something happens to one of them in the future, it's not a huge hit to your initial investment and they'd be easier to replace with a problem-free coin.

I also like @fehk2001 recommendation to pick up the 1/4 oz. Gold BU. No worries about the milking or spotting and a great investment. So maybe pick up the cheaper 2 oz. Silver BU and the 1/4 oz. Gold BU.

Don't get me wrong, if you've got the risk appetite to accept the likelihood that the coin may milk or spot, the 1 oz. Silver proofs are beautiful coins. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Definitely interested in the 2oz silver (lion I have, beautiful!) and the 1/4oz gold so will definitely purchase these...

Am still in 2 minds...know someone with the 1oz lion & unicorn, might see how theirs look when the next one get release. Guess life is full of risks and I like to take them! lol 

I just got mine out

No spots, just a couple minor specs they came with

They look beautiful :wub: also my 2014 Britannia is looking incredible too, id be gutted if that suddenly developed spots now

Here's a pre taken pic from other week 

beast.jpg

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Just now, Kman said:

I just got mine out

No spots, just a couple minor specs they came with

They look beautiful :wub: also my 2014 Britannia is also looking incredible 

Here's a pre taken pic from other week 

beast.jpg

They look so impressive! Fingers crossed for a long, untarnished future!

2 minutes ago, jssagu said:

They look so impressive! Fingers crossed for a long, untarnished future!

I wonder if there's any stats to spotting

Like if they're going to spot, 50% have after the first 6 months, 80% do within the first year, 100% do within the first 2 years, then after 2 years you're safe :D

Or maybe it's more just more atmospheric and they might be fine in one kind of temp but then once they're taken out of a safe after 10 years the new warmth spots them 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

20 minutes ago, jssagu said:

Definitely interested in the 2oz silver (lion I have, beautiful!) and the 1/4oz gold so will definitely purchase these...

Am still in 2 minds...know someone with the 1oz lion & unicorn, might see how theirs look when the next one get release. Guess life is full of risks and I like to take them! lol 

If you don't mind milk spots why not just buy some milk spots coins for cheap ? Like 60-65 pounds 

I am also a very big fan of this series, and have some of the proofs as well as bullion.  However, if I had to select one only one version, it would be the proofs.  Not only do I like the look of the great Jody Clark designs against the mirror finish, I think in the future the scarcity will matter.  Silver tarnishes, tones, and has issue with spots.  I could be an anomaly, but I would rather own one of 8,500 lion proofs or 6,250 unicorn proofs with milk spots, than a perfect example of one of 250,000+ bullion coins and counting (there was a post from May which I have linked below that has mintage figures).

Please take what I say as just my opinion, as I have zero numismatic experience, and speaking based on my own preferences.  As I said, I do buy both versions, and plan to continue spots or no spots (hopefully no spots though) :)

6 minutes ago, Kman said:

Like if they're going to spot, 50% have after the first 6 months, 80% do within the first year, 100% do within the first 2 years, then after 2 years you're safe :D

Or maybe it's more just more atmospheric and they might be fine in one kind of temp but then once they're taken out of a safe after 10 years the new warmth spots them 

Come on mr gold man , you know u want the gold proof more than silver proof 

nowadays we can't check the stock but I know u want one of these gold proof 

41 minutes ago, Jester said:

I can feel your pain on these especially silver + selling from states , I was going to buy something from you but I aren't sure will you post to Asia because you only say uk and creative invoice .....

i don't need creative invoice because if you do I may not  get the insurance covered 

17 minutes ago, Kman said:

Haha that's true! I am even considering vacuum packing coins that I get now!

12 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

If you don't mind milk spots why not just buy some milk spots coins for cheap ? Like 60-65 pounds 

Which ones would you recommend?

10 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

Come on mr gold man , you know u want the gold proof more than silver proof 

nowadays we can't check the stock but I know u want one of these gold proof 

I do, I do.., one day...

15 minutes ago, Lr103 said:

I am also a very big fan of this series, and have some of the proofs as well as bullion.  However, if I had to select one only one version, it would be the proofs.  Not only do I like the look of the great Jody Clark designs against the mirror finish, I think in the future the scarcity will matter.  Silver tarnishes, tones, and has issue with spots.  I could be an anomaly, but I would rather own one of 8,500 lion proofs or 6,250 unicorn proofs with milk spots, than a perfect example of one of 250,000+ bullion coins and counting (there was a post from May which I have linked below that has mintage figures).

Please take what I say as just my opinion, as I have zero numismatic experience, and speaking based on my own preferences.  As I said, I do buy both versions, and plan to continue spots or no spots (hopefully no spots though) :)

The fact that does mintage is relatively 'low' makes me want to purchase this as well, even the whole set, hopefully without any tarnishes but let's see!

29 minutes ago, jssagu said:

Which ones would you recommend?

I do, I do.., one day...

Don't know where but no rush on milk spots coins :P 

gold proof so have much bigger premium attached and seems like lion and unicorn gold proof are harder to get nowadays 

new beast out soon so stay tune 

2 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

Don't know where but no rush on milk spots coins :P 

gold proof so have much bigger premium attached and seems like lion and unicorn gold proof are harder to get nowadays 

now beast out soon so stay tune 

Lol don't think any coins can 100% guarantee no milk spots it seems..

Am even interested to get the BU set of the Queen's beast...is the proof worth it considering it's like £200 more? 

9 minutes ago, jssagu said:

Lol don't think any coins can 100% guarantee no milk spots it seems..

Am even interested to get the BU set of the Queen's beast...is the proof worth it considering it's like £200 more? 

Sometimes just buy them and hope for the best if you like the design , you may get 20 house / watches / shares etc some of them must have problems , sometimes you wait sometimes you just don't want to see them anymore , stay clam 

if you have 20 girl friend that will be even worst :) 

Archived