• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

lots of silver for sale ??

Augustus1

am I missing something but the SC has lots of silver for sale at the moment or so it seems to me? people seem to be swapping/ flipping there silver to purchase gold ?

is there a reason for this that would be a general acceptance or am I missing something as shift in prices( I know silver has fallen)/ supply/forward planning  being a newbie ?

is it a seasonal thing, does PM have seasons :D? or times of year where sales rise fall

just want a bit  of general education and peoples opinions .

thank you dean.m

2 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

the "Sales", something or other beginning with "C"?

Silly.... CxxT ,  now read the sentence again                 am I missing something but the SC has lots of silver for sale at the moment or so it seems to me?

more creative isn't ;)

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Perhaps he meant to type SF and not SC.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

I'm selling all my modern Silver for two reasons...

1) There are some very tasty auctions coming up so the extra cabbage in my account will help in those endeavors.

2) I love Silver.  I love the way it looks and I like the value it brings me BUT I am 100% fed up with the words "spotting" and "milking".  I just can't do it anymore.  I refuse to buy a $100 - $150+ 1 oz. Silver proof coin that looks amazing only to have it potentially spot/milk up at some unknown point in the future and tank the value of the coin (and tank it it will my friends).  If the larger government mints aren't going to show any interest or commit resources to resolving the problem (sorry collectors, live with it), then I've decided I'm not going to show any interest in their Silver offerings.

So for those reasons, I'm transitioning to Gold and numismatic Silver.  Just my milk-free, spot-free $0.02.

26 minutes ago, Jester said:

I'm selling all my modern Silver for two reasons...

1) There are some very tasty auctions coming up so the extra cabbage in my account will help in those endeavors.

2) I love Silver.  I love the way it looks and I like the value it brings me BUT I am 100% fed up with the words "spotting" and "milking".  I just can't do it anymore.  I refuse to buy a $100 - $150+ 1 oz. Silver proof coin that looks amazing only to have it potentially spot/milk up at some unknown point in the future and tank the value of the coin (and tank it it will my friends).  If the larger government mints aren't going to show any interest or commit resources to resolving the problem (sorry collectors, live with it), then I've decided I'm not going to show any interest in their Silver offerings.

So for those reasons, I'm transitioning to Gold and numismatic Silver.  Just my milk-free, spot-free $0.02.

Interesting. Starting as myself it may happen the same way someday. But I figure to dab in both gold and silver as much as I can

ok guys , my fault :D , you were all wrong :)

I used a term that is used on my watch forum for the sales section of the forum and abbreviated is SC " sales corner", it should rear UK& Europe sales section " here ,.

thanks jester for the thinking/ reasoning

I am now going for gold, with the one exception of backyard's  new bar to match my one ounce :)

dean.m

I am also fed up with buying any premium silver or graded silver at this point. @Jester is right, it is hard enough to pick a "winner coin", only to then lose on it when it spots, or milks up. Many a coin I socked away only to find milk spots another day. (Could this be the start of a new nursery rhyme.)

ahem, ahem

Silver so shinny, Silver so bright, why must you spot in the dead of night.

I get you graded, I cover you up, I leave you in the OGP, so what the $&@" is up.

You take my money and throw it away, just like other precious metals of yesterday.

Endurium, Molybdenum, and now you too, Silver oh Silver how we all hate you.

But wait there is hope, a light in sky, if silver hits $200 an ounce, I will no longer cry, I'll sell you off as fast as I can and buy some gold - the real master plan.

Thank you, thank you very much

????

3 hours ago, Augustus1 said:

ok guys , my fault :D , you were all wrong :)

I used a term that is used on my watch forum for the sales section of the forum and abbreviated is SC " sales corner", it should rear UK& Europe sales section " here ,.

thanks jester for the thinking/ reasoning

I am now going for gold, with the one exception of backyard's  new bar to match my one ounce :)

dean.m

You make a great point Dean and probably one I should have clarified in my response.  If you're picking up poured Silver like some of the gems @BackyardBullion is creating these days or your simply stacking Silver bullion (Britannias, ASEs, Roos, Maples, etc), then the milking/spotting shouldn't be as much a concern.  It's the ultra-premium Silver offerings, many at 1 oz, that I've decided I can't spend my hard-earned money on with the completely random chance of milking or spotting.  My career is in Financial Services Risk Management so my paranoid, risk-based brain just won't let me pick them up anymore :(

8 minutes ago, Jester said:

You make a great point Dean and probably one I should have clarified in my response.  If you're picking up poured Silver like some of the gems @BackyardBullion is creating these days or your simply stacking Silver bullion (Britannias, ASEs, Roos, Maples, etc), then the milking/spotting shouldn't be as much a concern.  It's the ultra-premium Silver offerings, many at 1 oz, that I've decided I can't spend my hard-earned money on with the completely random chance of milking or spotting.  My career is in Financial Services Risk Management so my paranoid, risk-based brain just won't let me pick them up anymore :(

Thanks for the compliments!

Hand poured silver doesnt milk spot I can guarantee that!

@Pampfan get some 100g Silver Forum Bars if you want something really nice!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

i am sitting tight on all my silver - December futures in silver banged up against $18 today and has just breached that level. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

hi

from my point of view , I was just getting into silver after buying gold, sovereign's as part of a diversified portfolio before I developed a interest in all aspects of PM   , and found myself reading & then joining here , as is always the way ! I started to stack ASE, brits, for bulk ,then liked and got a few dated pandas, but I then developed a liking for semi numismatic and numismatic as you do, but in the research of that I started to pick up on "milk " &"spots " etc something that was news to me and a lot of people I suspect:), and I decided if I was to collect semi or numismatic it would have to be gold as I suspect they will be a long term keeper.

the silver I have will sit in the safe until such time it is worth selling or is required to live !:D the sovs I have will be there too joined by anything that takes my fancy thus the small libs from last week  , now to be added to ( one already & one on way) by some numismatic slabed & proof coins just for interest/ personal pleasure .

dean.m

Archived