• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Palladium

vand

<-----Proven right. The Ruble has a long way to go in strengthening thus so has Palladium. I was buying last year at the lows. Remember the CNY1m review currency merry-go-round I discussed and the Platinum Palladium strength. I'm buying Palladium and Platinum ongoing. Gold and Silver will fall as Mining Corporations continue selling further and further future production into the paper markets as contracts. They are the cartel! The Comex is the visual representation of how far into the future metal is sold into the now. Note: Do your own research and question everything.

Global Production: Gold 3,700 tonnes, Silver 27,600 tonnes, Platinum 126 tonnes, Palladium 27 tonnes.

Underlined are the BIS/IMF Designated Central Bank Vault Storage metals as of Oct 2015 (Platinum joined Gold with equal status).

Platinum and palladium are also traded on the futures markets. Platinum got smashed with the debacle with VW and falsified emission data. Both are undervalued.  

As far as gold and silver are concerned the COMEX is effectively a non delivery market, no-one selling short has the metal.

There have been issues since May this year where longs have been standing for delivery and demanding delivery especially in silver. This month 135 tonnes of gold was potentially standing for delivery against 0.7 tonnes standing to deliver, and in silver 991 tonnes looking for a potential delivery against. 0.70 tonnes ready to deliver. Most of this was settled in London over the last couple of days and at a premium - this partly explains the movement in prices this week. The other factor was the Bank of International settlements had option contracts expiring this week for gold and silver which are traded as currencies. The BIS gets involve as part of the management of currencies in general. The BIS needed gold at $1260 or there abouts but they could not get the price down. The BIS got stuffed. They are dealing in $trilions of options and ending offside by as much as they were doesn't happen. They very rarely do not manage to get the price to the right spot. All these price drops at 2am is the BIS or its agent entities and being the BIS the regulator never takes action. 

The physical markets are tight and we have the Indian buying season starting next week. I would not be betting price is going down.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

It's already contractually promised for delivery. Supply tightens outside of the CFD market. Every future ounce sold as a future is delivered, that delivery is in Shanghai, set up by the R's. Massive supply can exist with massive mining production but tightness occurs as non-paper contract excess metal supply is reduced as it relies on buyers to exist and speculation. No major Mining Corporation or Oil Corporation (using the exact same CFD methodology) as we head into a rising interest rate scenario will risk excess supply which incurs costs to the business as supply isn't sold. Oil, Corn, Gold, Silver, Platinum, Gasoline, Natural Gas although Rhodium/Iridium looks incredibly interesting etc. My take is this, as Commodity Corporations rise in profitability (See FerrExpo FXPO, bought that at 20p a share, look where it is now....where you have designed fear, you buy!) they are using the ability to promise commodity product further into the future to monetise into the NOW! You have to think why does the farmer get sure money selling his Potatoes as a derivative, it is more certain and guarantees sales of production at non-speculative prices.

Notice I bring in the Oil industry which is the base cost of metal mining supply. Triple Locks, Production Hedges and Cost to Supply. Most fascinating inter-relationships. If I bet on Platinum I buy a bit of Physical and buy a bit of Anglo-American Corporation. As AAL goes up I'll know Platinum will be sideways or lower. Minings stocks up, spot prices will decline as profitability is via the cfd markets with a delayed reaction. They never receive money from later higher prices or lower prices so they don't care. Andy Hoffman, where did you go you Mining industry expert you....what do you know.... I wonder.....

There is no shortage of Palladium from the mines!! Or from recycling.  Someone or group is hoarding it forcing the price up. 

As far as futures go I believe they do not have to stand for delivery anymore.  In London most big trades are A-B trades that are not listed on the market over the counter trades. London is where the big Gold trades are done just no one else knows about them. 

10 hours ago, shemyaza said:

It's already contractually promised for delivery. Supply tightens outside of the CFD market. Every future ounce sold as a future is delivered, that delivery is in Shanghai, set up by the R's. Massive supply can exist with massive mining production but tightness occurs as non-paper contract excess metal supply is reduced as it relies on buyers to exist and speculation. No major Mining Corporation or Oil Corporation (using the exact same CFD methodology) as we head into a rising interest rate scenario will risk excess supply which incurs costs to the business as supply isn't sold. Oil, Corn, Gold, Silver, Platinum, Gasoline, Natural Gas although Rhodium/Iridium looks incredibly interesting etc. My take is this, as Commodity Corporations rise in profitability (See FerrExpo FXPO, bought that at 20p a share, look where it is now....where you have designed fear, you buy!) they are using the ability to promise commodity product further into the future to monetise into the NOW! You have to think why does the farmer get sure money selling his Potatoes as a derivative, it is more certain and guarantees sales of production at non-speculative prices.

Notice I bring in the Oil industry which is the base cost of metal mining supply. Triple Locks, Production Hedges and Cost to Supply. Most fascinating inter-relationships. If I bet on Platinum I buy a bit of Physical and buy a bit of Anglo-American Corporation. As AAL goes up I'll know Platinum will be sideways or lower. Minings stocks up, spot prices will decline as profitability is via the cfd markets with a delayed reaction. They never receive money from later higher prices or lower prices so they don't care. Andy Hoffman, where did you go you Mining industry expert you....what do you know.... I wonder.....

Shem, good article

, Just one point on platinum , in SA the Nickel miners are now using a trommel that gets platinum as a byproduct for nearly free.  This leaves Lomin struggling

Precisely but versus the amount of scrap Gold and Silver that is out there with massive expansion in Scrap PM Refining capacity occuring globally right now combined with contracting global money supply maybe displaying a slow push to force people into selling what they own to make ends meet. I know what you mean, Sibanye is a interesting company in itself with its meteoric rise. What's going on is interesting, Mining Corporations and Bullion Banks work hand in hand together. Oil and Commodity banks do the same with triple locks, which is how the Shale industry has kept going. Certainty vs Speculation, shareholders and CEO's prefer Certainty. PM's always float on Money Supply, Money Supply is slowing down towards 0% marginal expansion, has been for 8 months now.

Pipers, Anglo-American sell Platinum way into the future, Norilsk Nickel are Russian, the largest Palladium miner in the World, hence the Ruble's importance. Good points thrown in and widens the thought process. Everyone, please do the research and learn. Also Money Supply, The Great Depression, what happened? I know my two metals, but I'm still buying the occasional Sovereign and Britannia in Gold and Silver but I'm just focusing mainly on the ones which are deliberately ignored on purpose.

• 3 weeks later...

The State of the Key Four Precious Metals August 1st to Current.

GraphEngine.jpeg

Remember Mining Corporations sell future production into the Now, known as a "Future Contract" within the "Contracts for Difference" CFD Markets. At Maturity those paper contracts are realised in the SGE "Shanghai Gold Exchange". Mining Corporations and smaller cap miners now tap into the CFD market for cheaper alternative capital access selling the future into the now. Oil observes the same situation protecting against price fluctuations using "Triple Locks". Miners observe the spot price as what they can get for future production now. The commodity they eventually produce was priced in the past and pre-sold long ago. As "Real Interest Rates rise (See Money Supply Globally Contracting - Banks create loans, expanding the Money Supply, if its contracting what aren't banks doing......) miners will open the tap wider. Absorb this and re-evaluate the right timings and prices for your metal purchases. All Four Float on Expanding Money Supply but Sink in Contracting Money Supply, also proven over thousands of years!

Hi, I hope all is well.

I am looking to buy some coins but if I wish to sell then who do I sell it to. Are people buying now ahead of the trend and know it's valve before dealers do. Also when silver and gold becomes more expensive will it become the new silver i.e. an affordable precious metal.

Thanks

Deputydog

PALLADIUM AND PLATINUM $5 TO PARITY. Well i knew it would happen but not this fast.  Lucky i accumualted many ounces of pd at the right time. Im on hold now. 

RIGHT NOW Platinum is the bargain.   DUMP SILVER FOR PT! 

ALL TIME LOW RATIO AROUND 50 TO 1

ALL TIME HIGH AROUND 110 TO 1

CURRENT 54 TO 1.

ALSO REMEMBER ...BUY THE METALS THEY DONT WANT YOU TO BUY.

GOLD HAS HAD IT IN UK££. SINCE THE RISE IN THE POUND OVER THE NEXT 2 YEARS WILL COMPENSATE.

My opinion is based on out of date info, but last I looked Platinum was cheap, palladium was expensive imo. If we have reached parity then it's even more so. The early price rises in palladium were exaggerated due to the nature of where in the production chain palladium was being bought. The demand appeared as manipulation last I looked, similar to past commodity manipulation, though perhaps the situation has changed. 

1 minute ago, Deputydog said:

Hi, I had a look at gold silver.be, the cheapest platinum coins are the platipus (roll of 20). 

Deputydog

Yes, ive loading PT from them they are the cheapest in the EU, when im not picking up when i visit the US. and on the some they sell around only a 15 euro difference than buying from the US. The 15 euro difference for an ounce is worth the hassle otherwise. Ive been swapping a good third of my silver for PT since the ratio is near all time lows now is the time to swap and conserve new space.

In Euros its at almost decade lows.

In US near lows tested last few years

£pound forget it. Buying in ££ since brxit is a hard call. You may just get your money back when PT goes up and the pound rising to some kind of normality over the next few years. and still a few hundred pounds from lows (because of the brexit currency crash.)

Archived