• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Panda Medals coming up... Lunar.. Garden

We will shortly be in the middle of panda medals season and I remember from last year the season was extensive in terms of the variety of new panda medals.

With quite a few to choose from my advice is to exercise caution and be a little more selective.

I understand there will be a fifth panda expo series. And I will not be rushing to buy this series after the quality issues that I saw last year. On the upside, they will be an interesting bimetallic panda and the DESIGN celebrates the retirement of 1980s panda design a YU MIn.

There will be two different versions of the panda Lunar this year. I will be buying both to continue my Panda Lunar collection.

20AB97CA-E012-45BC-B977-3FD4ED10FEE1-12137-00000EF292E3D9BF_tmp.jpg

The Andy version will feature a Pekingese. The Lucky version will feature a Chow.

Mintage will be 499 silver proofs and 99 antique for both. The prices for the Lucky version at pre-order are likely to be cheaper than Andy's.

The Garden Panda #2 will appear in October from Lucky and will be the second of a series of six medals featuring ancient Chinese gardens.

010DB75C-AF35-4517-924E-31D7618493E7-3465-00000254210006A1_tmp.jpg

I confess that I was involved in providing feedback to this design of this and I made the choice of the panda the medal features. So, I hope you guys think I made a reasonable choice....

Garden Panda #2 taking shape nicely. Here is the clay for the design on the garden side and the panda side is expected in the next week or two.

59ae9c693b7ad_PhotoSep0514219PM.thumb.jpg.71bd10b02028f01fffbd03b912462272.jpg

Also here is the Panda Lunar Dog design by Andy's team 

upload_2017-7-26_12-0-19.thumb.png.41d03c547536b9ee9998eda085b3c46a.png

Slight change to the wall side concept with the pandas over the wall rather than seen from a side view of the wall.

upload_2017-7-8_13-22-58.png.9097e73107ea073743f8582e788357d1.png

Dogs are Pekingese.

Mintage will be 499 silver proof and 99 antique the same as last year.

Numistacker  how do they make the clay mold? Is it a graphics art program and then a machine cuts it out, or done by hand?

My understanding is it's by hand and the XSJ factory specializes in this for many years. They are the shop Shanghai mint subs out more important medallion art medals to and under part same ownership.

Here is the Panda side.

A25076C1-C183-4103-A737-D998D3EBE1DE-1263-0000014B07D7F105_tmp.jpg

I chose the panda [emoji209] for this. I wanted something a little different. I am very pleased with how this series is turning out. The mintages will be 99 this time for all the medals and this means sets of 6 will be more readily available than for the first medal.

Panda garden medal set #2 - Pre-order period for Forum members to 16th September 2017

There seems to be a fair amount of interest in the garden panda series so I have asked Lucky if he will let me make a forum pre-order and he has agreed so here is the proposal.

The set will be 6 medals (with COA and Pouch):

Silver 62g Proof - Mintage 99
Silver 62g Antique  - Mintage 99
Copper Proof  - Mintage 99
Copper Antique  - Mintage 99
Brass Proof  - Mintage 99
Brass Antique  - Mintage 99

Option 1 - RAW Coins Only - Email/PM me with your pre-order and I will pass this through to Lucky and he will contact you and send you a Paypal invoice for goods and services for what you have ordered. The price in his shop for the set of 6 will be $344 including postage from China. The price on ebay will be $344 plus about 6% for ebay charges. The price on pre-order here is $340 so not a massive saving but hey its still enough to buy some ice cream if the weather warms up again. Delivery will be to you from China to UK, Europe, Australia  or USA.

Option 2 - Graded Option - Email/PM me with your pre-order and I will pass this through to Lucky and he will contact you and send you a Paypal invoice for goods and services for what you have ordered. The price in his shop for the set of 6 will be $344 including postage from China. The price on ebay will be $344 plus about 6% for ebay charges. The price on pre-order here is $340 so not a massive saving but hey its still enough to buy some ice cream if the weather warms up again. Delivery will be to me on your behalf in the UK and I will have the coins graded for you at NGC with the Panda Ink Label and a Extra Deep Holder (option of First Releases or Early Releases. The cost of the grading for the set will be fixed including Special Delivery back to you. 

Grading Fee for 6 coins (fully inclusive) £155 regular or £200 with Early Releases Designation

[mention=378]Numistacker[/mention] I also have some the garden 1 medals you got poor grades on with the ink jet label if youre interested 

Lol you want to swap my poor grades for your good grades )) I often get poor grades when others get 70's

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Deputydog said:

Hi, do we know how many sets are left. I have ordered 4 sets, 2 for me to be graded and 2 sets are presents for people who have just had children. I think they give a good representation of the relationship between parent and child.

Thanks

Deputydog

I understand there are about 10 sets left but it could now be less

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Hi, i hope all is well with everybody.
I contacted Lucky and asked when they would be shipped.
The reply is they have been shipped, should be here soon.
Thanks
Deputydog

Mine and your 2 are being sent Ems should be here very soon.

Archived