• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Britannia 2017 release date?

Kman

Might we get the Britannia 2017 proof released tomorrow? or maybe at least be shown the design. 

I saw @ChardLizzieLizzie commented that its embargoed till the end of the month and tomorrow it the last day of the month, and the RM usually like to release things Mondays

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just bought 3 silver 1oz proofs I like the design, the 2016 Brit also had a lot of frosting & there were divided opinions on the coin. I think this one is more interesting than the 2016 & that sold out after a slow start.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Well have ordered the six coin set:) 

The design I am not sure on but its different and interesting and I also think it might be a design that grows AND looks better in the hand. plus its the 20 year anniversary. Time will tell. 

Ps. Nice one Kman for spotting this was going to happen! I actually stayed up past midnight to see what the design was but got bored waiting at 12.15am ^^

@Madstacks Doesn't really worry me as I collect the 1oz proof Brits in original form & from 2013 in PF 70 so I'd have bought it anyway, personally I think this coin will do well as it is a radical design by RM standards

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

6 minutes ago, Madstacks said:

My main reservation is the mintage at 7500 as it was only 2500 for years 2014 and before

10.000 (including the 6 coin set) as you said beforehand. And I'm with you on that. 

1 minute ago, motorbikez said:

I collect the 1oz proof Brits in original form & from 2013 in PF 70

You have a 2014 in PF70? Mind putting up the picture in tge photo thread?

I can't believe I was excited for the release of this abomination

This is one of the ugliest designs I've ever seen on a coin

This is pobjoy standard art..

Britannia's head and arms just stuck on.....

I'm honestly in shock how ugly and stupid of a design it is 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

6 minutes ago, Kman said:

You should be happy that after all the sovereign incarcerations you don't have to spend more money on coins with high premium directly from the RM. 

Totally agree with that this design is just totally gibberish. Well can spend the money I allocated for Britannia on more lions [emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

Omne aurum quod rex valūtās

Archived