• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

My first oz of Gold. Going the 'right' way?

KevjustKev

Don't worry about what money others have, some on here are loaded & some are average like me. Be happy with what you do have & your personal goals.

Your stacking seems fine except the queens beasts, if its pure weight you are after go for the Sovereigns.

Well done on the first ounce, a good mix of coins there low premium liquid sovereigns and halfs and the queens beasts are not too high of a premium, its worth it for the beauty of them and to keep it interesting. 

Agree with shawy that pure sovereigns and half sovereigns are the best way to accumulate weight. That said there is some potential for future gains on the queens beasts if they are kept in good condition, especially when we get towards the end of the series, people will be after the first ones and this might push the price of them up.

I started stacking gold and silver last year.  I would suggest buying a wide range of pieces if you can.  I think only once you hold the coins in your hand can you decide if you are going to focus on that type.

Why do you need more than 1 guitar?

Don't feel pressured into accumulating more than you can afford - self pressure included! Can't fault your taste, I'd keep on the sovereigns and Queens Beasts. But full sovereigns are much more liquid and have lower premiums than half sovereigns so I would avoid the halves.

4 hours ago, tallthinkev said:

Because!

How many do I need, just one more!

But saying that I have cut down to 19.

OH how I know that feeling ,:)i have 12 watches why ?

Because!

How many do I need, just one more!

dean.m

nice start with the coins by the way

8 hours ago, shawy2510 said:

Don't worry about what money others have, some on here are loaded & some are average like me. Be happy with what you do have & your personal goals.

Your stacking seems fine except the queens beasts, if its pure weight you are after go for the Sovereigns.

At least you get a tune out of a guitar. 

1 minute ago, shawy2510 said:

I don't play the guiter Xander, it was the OP who has them lol, im more of a sport kinda guy :)

Apologies, it was meant for tallthinkev.

When you get to my age, you can only watch sport, or collect coins, that's my excuse.

Is that your personal choice because i'm not sure why a QB coin isn't as good as any other piece of gold

No not a personal choice but if he is stacking purely for weight then Sovs with the lowest premiums would be better. I like the queens beasts as a coin :)

Buying purely 1 of the same coin for the rest of your stacking life would simply become boring, variety is the spice of life

Yes thats true, but from a stacking point of view lowest premiums win everytime over variety.

It is not my way of stacking as I have a variety of different coins but its each to their own.

A good mix for an OZ of gold. 

Fractional so you can sell as little or much as you need.  The sovs are highly liquid and close to spot, the Queens Beasts are nice to look at and you have the start of a nice 10 coin set.

Also dont forget you have 1oz gold more than 99% of the population.

Archived