• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Ive been doing well lately the sand has shifted on the beach , been finding pre 47 sixpenses and shillings old half pennies and lots of 2nd world war 50 caliber Browning M2 bullet casings these are interesting as they have head stamps  on them so you can trace which American Arms factory made them and the date of manufacture , will post some pictures of the coins and casings during the week.

nice finds mate an not a bottle cap in sight 

i love doing beaches early in the morning when theres no one around . though the sand is full of tin on a few of them here in cornwall so quite noisy 

takes some getting used to filtering out the bad in favour of the better bad

11 hours ago, bones said:

nice finds mate an not a bottle cap in sight 

i love doing beaches early in the morning when theres no one around . though the sand is full of tin on a few of them here in cornwall so quite noisy 

takes some getting used to filtering out the bad in favour of the better bad

Thanks  , Iam lucky i don't find any bottle caps , my rubbish is 303 bullet casings and 50 cal browning machine gun bullets

Edited by Silvergun

Normally the numbers on the bottom represent the date of which the round was made, like on your close up pic, L.C would be the makers mark and 44 the date (1944). The bottom pic looks like .303 rounds which where used on rifles such as the Lee Enfield 

An uncle of mine once found a huge sea rod and real..160 yards away there was a 25+ pound cod at the end of the line. The fish probably dragged the whole lot out to sea if the the fisherman wasn’t holding the rod at the time. He might have been telling a good story but it could have been true...

Edited by Kookaburracollector

2 hours ago, Kookaburracollector said:

An uncle of mine once found a huge sea rod and real..160 yards away there was a 25+ pound cod at the end of the line. The fish probably dragged the whole lot out to see if the the fisherman wasn’t holding the rod at the time. He might have been telling a good story but it could have been true...

Was there a skelington nearby? :o