• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

BNT - Do not use - Bunch of cowboys - Please read

oliversw5

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

Like a "Deal or No Deal"

Judging from their prices, even at half price it will still be overpriced 

A great way for them to get rid of those coins they just can't sell even at half price.

I would be surprised if anyone took this offer up!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Paul said:

Like a "Deal or No Deal"

Judging from their prices, even at half price it will still be overpriced 

You mean a cackling telephone call from 'the banker' just after you lose all the money you never spent to begin with, but committed to and had at least some expectations?

But it's OK, Noel Edmonds will come in tight for a hug and tickle your face with his beard, and all will then be well with the Cosmos? :o

• 1 month later...

I have never used this company but found an ad via youtube linking to an offer on their website. Its not a bad price really but given the posts which precede this I'm not sure it would be worth the hassle.

Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 02.07.47.png

@D4N - Just placed an order to test the deal.

Also I am not sure I completely follow their terms on my order confirmation  - see following
On the basis of no cancellation rights for bullion I assume this works both ways meaning they have to deliver after accepting the order.
Would the cop out clause of "subject to availability" mean they could deliver a partial order and if so what would be my rights to cancel if I wanted the full order delivered and nothing less I wonder ?

This email is not a binding confirmation of your order but simply an acknowledgement of receipt of your order.
Delivery of the items you ordered is subject to availability.

Cancellation policy
You are entitled to cancel your order within 14 days without justification. The cancellation period is fourteen days from the day you receive the goods.
Differing terms and conditions for orders of bullion products with prices which are subject to fluctuating financial markets
There is no cancellation right for customers in the case of bullion coins, as the distance selling contract concerns goods the prices of which are subject to fluctuations on the financial markets over which the company has no control and which may occur during the reflection period. 

@Pete Please let me know how you get on.

You raise a really interesting question there, and I have no idea! The distance selling regulations don't specifically state (that I can see) where you would stand if this occurred. As best I can tell, these are exempt from refund and that is that. They are the same kind of terms I see on other websites.

Where would you stand if you received all of your order yet were dissatisfied? Is it then a matter of discretion? Does the description of the condition of the item you are purchasing not matter as it would usually because PM's are exempt?

I purchased from Atkinsons recently, and they state "If we do deem a product to be below standard we will happily provide you with an exchange or refund." Yet go on to state "Due to the nature of the following products types we will not accept returns of, or provide refunds for; Bullion Coins, Bullion Coins Uncirculated, Proof Coins, Pre-Owned Coins or any coins with ‘milk spots’ unless the items are damaged to a point where they no longer contain the stated amount of precious metal." It seems as though they are saying "yes we will", and "no we won't".

Those of you who purchased from BNT - how long did you wait for your coins and did you get informed at any stage of the likely delivery date ?
I haven't heard anything since I placed my order for coins that I would assume are in stock / ready available.
Their general terms state that delivery would be within 30 days so that suggests they don't carry inventory and possibly only order from their supplier when customers order from them. In any event I will be patient as the cost per ounce is attractive. Great that there is no surcharge for paying by credit card now with the added protection a credit card provides.

45 minutes ago, Pete said:

Those of you who purchased from BNT - how long did you wait for your coins and did you get informed at any stage of the likely delivery date ?
I haven't heard anything since I placed my order for coins that I would assume are in stock / ready available.
Their general terms state that delivery would be within 30 days so that suggests they don't carry inventory and possibly only order from their supplier when customers order from them. In any event I will be patient as the cost per ounce is attractive. Great that there is no surcharge for paying by credit card now with the added protection a credit card provides.

Im still waiting haha

Real shoddy service above everything else it's time consuming and makes you feel awful I believe most of us throughout time as lost money and gained sometimes, but being honest between ourselves will make you a better person this is the main reason I use this forum everyone I've delt with as be upfront and excellent

Just for you, being straight you will be far better off and have a good reputation, they on the other hand will have a bad reputation and as someone who has allready mentioned when it gets known over Facebook and here they will lose out on future orders.

Cheers Gary 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/01/2018 at 02:11, D4N said:

I have never used this company but found an ad via youtube linking to an offer on their website. Its not a bad price really but given the posts which precede this I'm not sure it would be worth the hassle.

Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 02.07.47.png

On 18/01/2018 at 02:27, Sadbuttrue2 said:

I Would not trust them! Bad Company!

My order was a complete success and having had a fantastic deal I am extremely pleased.
The only concern I had is that after acknowledging my order I had no idea of when to expect delivery.
I discovered on my credit card statement that my payment had been reversed so I became concerned that my order had been cancelled by BNT.
When the coins arrived a few weeks later, I checked my bank and the payment had been taken just before shipping.
So in summary I paid at the time of order, they reversed the payment because they could not ship immediately then took payment just before shipping.
That is very reasonable so full credit to them but it would be much better if they could advise this and not leave their customers in the dark.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK I will post the whole sorry tale when it's all over. I wouldn't say they're cowboys - they did deliver some coins (although reduced my order without telling me, then charged me without telling me after they'd missed two previous advised shipment dates, and then didn't bother to tell me when they'd shipped - plus couldn't advise me on arrival date, and used RM without any signature at all).

I think all will get the gist - no communication with customers at all unless you phone them (and even then you are often told to wait for someone to call you back, which is usually next day).

Latest is I arranged a return of three (huge premium) coins in advance last Tuesday (31st). My earliest opportunity to post them back SD was Saturday (4th) which were delivered signed for yesterday (7th). I have the email confirming everything from their end from the 31st (well done there, the chap was very thorough and decent) but have emailed twice, including yesterday after they received the returns. Still no reply.

The 'deal' on the 31st was that they'd look into why I got shoddy coins and advise me if they would be able to replace or refund. In yesterday's email to them I pointed out the amount of money involved, and that one way or another I needed/expected this to be resolved asap.

I expected something today but nothing.

@BNTCoins?

16 hours ago, kimchi said:

OK I will post the whole sorry tale when it's all over. I wouldn't say they're cowboys - they did deliver some coins (although reduced my order without telling me, then charged me without telling me after they'd missed two previous advised shipment dates, and then didn't bother to tell me when they'd shipped - plus couldn't advise me on arrival date, and used RM without any signature at all).

I think all will get the gist - no communication with customers at all unless you phone them (and even then you are often told to wait for someone to call you back, which is usually next day).

Latest is I arranged a return of three (huge premium) coins in advance last Tuesday (31st). My earliest opportunity to post them back SD was Saturday (4th) which were delivered signed for yesterday (7th). I have the email confirming everything from their end from the 31st (well done there, the chap was very thorough and decent) but have emailed twice, including yesterday after they received the returns. Still no reply.

The 'deal' on the 31st was that they'd look into why I got shoddy coins and advise me if they would be able to replace or refund. In yesterday's email to them I pointed out the amount of money involved, and that one way or another I needed/expected this to be resolved asap.

I expected something today but nothing.

@BNTCoins?

All this = BNT.jpg.4e7425d978e3bb1cbeaedfa84ac41124.jpg service, I wont be using them, ever

I think their UK arm (the main business is in Germany despite the appearance from the website that they're very much 'British', though they are open about this on the phone) is a skeleton staff. Usually when I phone I'm told 'customer services are all busy at the moment, we'll call you back'. This is usually next day. I'm beginning to think UK 'customer service' is staffed by a few part-timers, as however seemingly helpful and polite, they have never correctly advised me of shipping dates etc, and any meaningful question they have to put you on hold to ask a manager.

I'm just glad I didn't use their suggested return option of a freepost address and insisted on SD (to be refunded) for £1500 of coins.

Hopefully the helpful chap from last week will be on today and reply to my email or call. Otherwise I will be asking to speak to a manager myself!

• 3 weeks later...

I take it back, despite having at least one apparently very helpful, professional and understanding member of staff on their UK team (albeit part-time - so I guess UK customer services - who can't actually do anything - are just a 'front' for the useless German main office) things have gone from the utterly incompetent to borderline fraud (imo) with this outfit today.

THESE PEOPLE ARE INCOMPETENT COWBOYS.

They do send coins and they do refund if you send poor ones back via SD (which I would always recommend, not falling for their Freepost return address nonsense just as I don't like the fact they don't send out tracked parcels). I haven't had my return postage refunded as promised back yet, but that is by the by as of now.

To be fair they have tried to source me replacements it seems. However, on Wednesday I made it clear to them that I would not accept any coins or any charge to my account without prior reassurance that the coins were near flawless, and this was confirmed back to me. I actually preferred to cancel my order completely, but they said they would meet me on both points.

Today I try to make an online payment of £13 to a member here only to have it declined. I phone my bank to find out why, as I should be well in credit, and was told not only have BNT charged me yesterday for three replacement coins that I hadn't accepted or authorised payment for, they have also charged me an additional £1500 (!) for no reason.

This sends my bank account completely (massively) overdrawn and I have no access to it unless and until it's resolved. I've had to cancel my debit card because of these jokers, so another 5-7 days until I get a new card or any access to my bank account (which doesn't seem to matter actually because as of now they have put me hugely into debt with my bank, which will no doubt affect my credit rating even if it is sorted out eventually).

I phoned them urgently and the lady was very apologetic, but it has to go to the 'Finance Team' to stop them robbing (imo) me further.

My only suggestion is DO NOT USE.

@BNTCoins ?

They are not complete scam artists - they do send genuine coins. It has been a long story since my 'purchase' in May but I have been let down and very disappointed at pretty much every step of the way. One customer service guy seemed great, but on Wednesday I was assured they would not send coins or charge me before I was happy in advance they would be good coins. Now just one day later they have totally ****ed up my bank account.

I was going to post the 'long story' about my dealings with them, but it's just gone on and on since May, so I thought I would post at the end, when everything was resolved. However it's culminated today with them charging me twice for coins I told them clearly I would not accept or even want sent to me, without prior contact to assure me they were good quality. Thanks to them not doing that (and taking further unauthorised payments) I am now locked off from even getting a tenner out an ATM this weekend, and looking at unauthorised overdraft charges due to them charging me twice for coins I never agreed to.

Could be much worse, there is food in the fridge so I won't go hungry, but the worst experience I've had buying coins, and it's meant I couldn't pay a fellow member here £13 that was due for postage yet (apologies and many thanks for your understanding).

Shocking :(

1 hour ago, kimchi said:

They are not complete scam artists - they do send genuine coins. It has been a long story since my 'purchase' in May but I have been let down and very disappointed at pretty much every step of the way. One customer service guy seemed great, but on Wednesday I was assured they would not send coins or charge me before I was happy in advance they would be good coins. Now just one day later they have totally ****ed up my bank account.

I was going to post the 'long story' about my dealings with them, but it's just gone on and on since May, so I thought I would post at the end, when everything was resolved. However it's culminated today with them charging me twice for coins I told them clearly I would not accept or even want sent to me, without prior contact to assure me they were good quality. Thanks to them not doing that (and taking further unauthorised payments) I am now locked off from even getting a tenner out an ATM this weekend, and looking at unauthorised overdraft charges due to them charging me twice for coins I never agreed to.

Could be much worse, there is food in the fridge so I won't go hungry, but the worst experience I've had buying coins, and it's meant I couldn't pay a fellow member here £13 that was due for postage yet (apologies and many thanks for your understanding).

Shocking :(

Thank you for this, it will at the very least help other people avoid this company. 

4 hours ago, kimchi said:

I take it back, despite having at least one apparently very helpful, professional and understanding member of staff on their UK team (albeit part-time - so I guess UK customer services - who can't actually do anything - are just a 'front' for the useless German main office) things have gone from the utterly incompetent to borderline fraud (imo) with this outfit today.

THESE PEOPLE ARE INCOMPETENT COWBOYS.

They do send coins and they do refund if you send poor ones back via SD (which I would always recommend, not falling for their Freepost return address nonsense just as I don't like the fact they don't send out tracked parcels). I haven't had my return postage refunded as promised back yet, but that is by the by as of now.

To be fair they have tried to source me replacements it seems. However, on Wednesday I made it clear to them that I would not accept any coins or any charge to my account without prior reassurance that the coins were near flawless, and this was confirmed back to me. I actually preferred to cancel my order completely, but they said they would meet me on both points.

Today I try to make an online payment of £13 to a member here only to have it declined. I phone my bank to find out why, as I should be well in credit, and was told not only have BNT charged me yesterday for three replacement coins that I hadn't accepted or authorised payment for, they have also charged me an additional £1500 (!) for no reason.

This sends my bank account completely (massively) overdrawn and I have no access to it unless and until it's resolved. I've had to cancel my debit card because of these jokers, so another 5-7 days until I get a new card or any access to my bank account (which doesn't seem to matter actually because as of now they have put me hugely into debt with my bank, which will no doubt affect my credit rating even if it is sorted out eventually).

I phoned them urgently and the lady was very apologetic, but it has to go to the 'Finance Team' to stop them robbing (imo) me further.

My only suggestion is DO NOT USE.

@BNTCoins ?

That is  BNT.jpg.95b7663cd4c5725cdddfc16128d317f4.jpg mate, they are totally incompetent or they are doing this on purpose to be r-soles, so @BNTCoins or @BNTCoinsEmma what do you have to say for yourselves, I hope the bank/police can sort something out for you, and you need to sue for damages for any costs that incure from being overdrawn.

These guys should be removed from the forum, they have never contributed in anyway shape or form since they joined.

11 hours ago, SILVERFINGER said:

@BNTCoins@BNTCoinsEmmaI hope the bank/police can sort something out for you, and you need to sue for damages for any costs that incure from being overdrawn.

Thanks buddy. The bank said speak to the retailer as I did provide BNT with my bank details previously and there was a possible outstanding order under discussion, but I insisted on raising a dispute because they were unauthorised charges (luckily I put that in writing the day before) with one totally fictitious one (for £1500 no less!) and the bank said they will cover any unauthorised overdraft charges, so I made a mistake there in my previous post.

If there's no intent and it's a mistake then I don't think it's theft, even though I feel robbed? I certainly hope this will all be cleared up to my total satisfaction this morning by BNT, we shall see...

What happens if further payments direct debits are declined, and to my credit rating, remains to be seen. I can't use an ATM until the new card comes through, so I'll be raiding my loose change for the week.

Luckily I found this yesterday and hopefully have nipped it in the bud. I'm surprised though BNT have not got back to me already as I raised it as a matter of the utmost urgency. The chap I'd corresponded with on Wednesday is in today they said so hopefully when he sees this mess he will be straight on the case as well.

12 hours ago, silverbeaker said:

Thank you for this, it will at the very least help other people avoid this company. 

@Seasider recently ordered one coin with them I think and had no problems, but folk should know what to expect. At the very best on a pre-order like this it will be a late coin (they have to be sent to Germany first, and then when back in the UK I was told postage would take up to 28 days!), be charged without being told when (not even an email), be sent a coin without being told when (unless you phone and even then they missed my first two promised dates) and it's not sent signed for so postie might well leave it on your doorstep.

Oh and they might charge you twice.

I suppose the daily emails trying to flog other coins is simply the 'icing on the cake'.

I emailed BNT countless times about their Marvel Black Panther 2018 1oz Silver Proof Coin which has a face value of 2 dollars. However, they incorrectly describe it as having a face value of 1 dollar despite 2 dollars being clearly visible on the obverse. No attempt on the part of BNT has been made to correct the error on their website. What seems to be happening is that BNT is confusing the colorised proof version with the bullion version which does have a face value of 1 dollar. Funnily enough, The Perth Mint made the same 1 dollar error in their specs on the proof version but were polite enough to email me back and rectify it to 2 dollars. BNT also seem to be confused between the reverse (tail side) and obverse (head side) of the coin which does not instil confidence in their numismatic expertise.

Archived