• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

BNT - Do not use - Bunch of cowboys - Please read

oliversw5

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/07/2017 at 13:52, Clens92 said:

That sounds extremely dodgy. 

Have you got a copy of the finance agreement; I'm not entirely sure that what they have done is legal re: changing the terms of the finance arrangement.  Cutting your 0% credit 'time' by 74% is obscene, and could have caused you real financial problems.

It sounds as if they were trying to get you to cancel, so they could sell at a higher price.

Depending on how pissed you are: you have the legal right to Freedom of Information request all the records that the BNT holds about you.  That includes any of their internal emails, where they might have said the wrong thing... and any phone calls that were recorded (most companies do record).  Then you have your legal precedent, if you so wish to pursue that avenue.  However, posting an honest review on here and Facebook is probably far more damaging to their business than any legal redress that you might have.

I thought FOI was only applicable to Government related companies when it came to the private sector?

I think you can ask for some info under the data protection act but I don't think you have the same rights.

I'd be inclined to think it was just a case of selling more than they managed to get and/or sending them out in the wrong order.

It seems most gold dealers manage to do this as I have bought and paid for items from Atkinsons, Bairds, HGM and Aurinum that I can recall off the top of my head that I have ended up not getting because of mix ups at their end.

On 06/07/2017 at 13:52, Clens92 said:

That sounds extremely dodgy. 

Have you got a copy of the finance agreement; I'm not entirely sure that what they have done is legal re: changing the terms of the finance arrangement.  Cutting your 0% credit 'time' by 74% is obscene, and could have caused you real financial problems.

It sounds as if they were trying to get you to cancel, so they could sell at a higher price.

Depending on how pissed you are: you have the legal right to Freedom of Information request all the records that the BNT holds about you.  That includes any of their internal emails, where they might have said the wrong thing... and any phone calls that were recorded (most companies do record).  Then you have your legal precedent, if you so wish to pursue that avenue.  However, posting an honest review on here and Facebook is probably far more damaging to their business than any legal redress that you might have.

I thought FOI was only applicable to Government related companies when it came to the private sector?

I think you can ask for some info under the data protection act but I don't think you have the same rights.

I'd be inclined to think it was just a case of selling more than they managed to get and/or sending them out in the wrong order.

It seems most gold dealers manage to do this as I have bought and paid for items from Atkinsons, Bairds, HGM and Aurinum that I can recall off the top of my head that I have ended up not getting because of mix ups at their end.

On 09/07/2017 at 05:45, Avlis said:

All sold out now  wish I hadn't suggested this company to westmistrel as I think I was the first to mention them on the forum although I did warn that I'd never bought from them myself

No worries my friend. I did not purchase from them after all. Glad I didn't. Thanks for your suggestion regardless - you did it with a good intention :)

I am not a big fan of these " glossy " website coin dealers, although i know that one or two are actually ok. If you look at their site right now  - royal mint coins there is an ad for a 2017 WW1 gold proof £2 selling for £110 ???  but when you click on it the product for sale is the silver piedfort version. 

It was really a last resort thing and the 0% finance was a bonus. I wouldn't normally touch them with a bargepole.

Given their business practices I haven't got a hope in hell of them fulfilling the order, but i'm going to phone up after the 21st when they are supposedly going to get their supply delivered and if they give me BS i'm going to tell them I would have ordered lots more gold from them but if they can't complete my very first order having offered this for sale days after I made my order i'll take my business elsewhere.

Of course, on hearing this from a customer any rational business would bend over backwards for their new customer but i'm not holding out hope!

I know you guys missed the initial purchase through the RM but for future reference.....

7.3 You can pay for Products ordered via the website in full by credit or debit card.

7.4 You can pay for Products ordered by telephone or post:

a) in full by cheque (payable to Royal Mint) or credit or debit card (we will not charge your credit or debit card until we have allocated stock to your order). Cheques are cashed on receipt; or

B) by instalments through a Royal Mint Interest Free Account. For more information on this Account please contact our Customer Services Team at PO Box 500, Pontyclun, CF72 8WP, telephone 0845 6088 300 or e-mail at customer.services@royalmint.com. Interest free accounts are subject to status.

http://www.royalmint.com/legal-pages/termsandconditions

I'm another who pre ordered at £525 from BNT. I didn't use the credit option.

Must admit as soon as I saw them put up the price to £799 I suspected I might not get it.

If we do lose out maybe we can all coordinate our response ? Maybe even get on their case now ?

13 hours ago, Oldun said:

B) by instalments through a Royal Mint Interest Free Account. For more information on this Account please contact our Customer Services Team at PO Box 500, Pontyclun, CF72 8WP, telephone 0845 6088 300 or e-mail at customer.services@royalmint.com. Interest free accounts are subject to status.

http://www.royalmint.com/legal-pages/termsandconditions

Thanks, will look into that. Although I genuinely don't buy much from the mint and that looks like by the time you got it set up and approved the coin you want would be gone so would need to be done in advance. Lesson learned is next time, don't hesitate.

26 minutes ago, jacksj1 said:

Must admit as soon as I saw them put up the price to £799 I suspected I might not get it.

If we do lose out maybe we can all coordinate our response ? Maybe even get on their case now ?

I have phoned them and have been told they aren't expecting them in until the 20th. I'm going to phone on the 21st and say look I am planning more orders with you, if you cant do my first order AFTER still selling the item after I bought it then I'll go elsewhere. If they BS me I don't intend to waste my time with them any more than that tbh.

39 minutes ago, jacksj1 said:

Me too. I contacted them last week and they said the order would be fulfilled after 20th July, on receipt of their allocation - we'll see.

59 minutes ago, metallica73 said:

Posted by HyHy on the quintuple thread... rather than waste my time trying to rant and rave at them I think i'm going to chalk this one up for experience and move on...

Amazing.......... they kept digging! 

• 4 weeks later...

Well would you believe what arrived out of the blue by special delivery this morning from BNT? Over 2 months after ordering and long after I had given up on getting this

Paying via 5 monthly installments of £106 as per original plan. In excellent condition, so no sloppy seconds either...

IMG_4103.thumb.JPG.f48ff2c1ec26ccede6f37677405fe191.JPG

Hello to the members of The Silver Forum.

My name is Steven and I am the Senior Product Manager at BNT.

Firstly I would like to apologise for the delay that a number of you have experienced in receiving your orders.  Unfortunately this was outside of our control but we have worked hard to expedite things and I am pleased to see that coins have started to arrive.  We do have some new processes in place and we hope to achieve faster deliveries going forward.

I would also like to respond to the comments about seeing prices change on particular products.  Firstly, if you have placed an order for a coin at a specified price, providing we have stock of the coin at the time the order is accepted, you will pay that price.  And, orders are processed in the order that they are received, so even if someone buys the same coin at a higher price, they will not receive theirs until your order has been fulfilled.  However, at times our site is very busy and the number of orders that we receive for particular coins is greater than our immediate availability, and in these cases we have not been able to fulfil the order straight away.  While we always endeavour to get more coins, in some cases we are unable to due to overall demand in the UK.  

Please be assured that when you order with BNT, your payment card will not be debited until the order is fully processed and despatched.  So if in the unfortunately circumstance we are unable to complete an order, you will not be charged.  We do endeavour to contact customers to confirm this at the earliest opportunity.

Finally, I have just checked our stock and see we do have two Strike on the Day Sovereigns available for immediate despatch.  I have hidden it on our site for now so members of The Silver Forum can have first option to buy, you can find it directly by following this link - www.bnt.org.uk/royal-mint-sovereign-2017-strike-on-the-day-anniversary-piece-gold-coin

Thank you for your patience with the recent deliveries.

Kind regards, Steven.

Just opened the link supplied by BNT so see that the gold coin has 20% VAT included.

Thinking that gold was exempt in the UK from VAT, unlike silver and platinum, I looked into the VAT definitions from the government.

Copied here it looks as if only investment gold is VAT free and all those of you thinking this coin and other highly priced ones are an "investment" coin have been conned effectively by terminology.

2.1 What is investment gold?  - Investment gold is:

(a) gold of a purity not less than 995 thousandths that is in the form of a bar, or a wafer, of a weight accepted by the bullion markets.

(b) a gold coin minted after 1800 that:

• is of a purity of not less than 900 thousandths
  • is, or has been, legal tender in its country of origin, and
  • is of a description of coin that is normally sold at a price that does not exceed 180 per cent of the open market value of the gold contained in the coin

@Pete - thanks for highlighting this.  I've just checked The European Commission list and this does include the Sovereign as vat free.  I have updated it and will ensure that anyone that has purchased it is charged correctly.

Other gold coins included in the list are

50p, £2, £5, £10, £25, £50, £100 and then the Sovereigns.  I can share a link to the list if needs.

Steven

3 hours ago, BNTCoins said:

Hello to the members of The Silver Forum.

My name is Steven and I am the Senior Product Manager at BNT.

Did you sell more coins than you were allocated? if so, why did this happen?

"if someone buys the same coin at a higher price, they will not receive theirs until your order has been fulfilled"

So you couldn't fulfill orders, but you put more coins on the site at a higher price? so now instead of one lot of unhappy customers you have will have two, bizarre 

I appreciate you joining Steven but you have to admit it looks like some mistakes are being made there atm. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Hi @Kman.

The 2 that we have left were from people who did order them originally but they decided not to buy them in the end.  

If someone ordered from us originally at the original price but were not able to get the coin then I'm more than happy to honour that.  Perhaps they can PM me their details and confirmation of the original order.

I can't say that my order wasn't eventually filled only because someone else backed out but to give credit to BNT can confirm I received mine as above and paying approx £525 over 5 months as agreed at the time and not the higher price. I got quite lucky as the price rose literally a minute after I purchased. So they definitely could have sold this for £275 more but have honoured the original buy.

Be interested to know if the others in this thread either backed out/still waiting or got theirs in the end?

@Pete - thanks for highlighting this.  I've just checked The European Commission list and this does include the Sovereign as vat free.  I have updated it and will ensure that anyone that has purchased it is charged correctly.
Other gold coins included in the list are
50p, £2, £5, £10, £25, £50, £100 and then the Sovereigns.  I can share a link to the list if needs.
Steven

Why is the price still £799?

Should it not now be £640?

Stacker since 2013

• 3 months later...
41 minutes ago, whitesands1 said:

Anyone Tempted; Black Friday Mystery Boxes?

https://www.bnt.org.uk/surprise-me-specially-curated-mystery-coin-collections

• Three exclusive offers guaranteed to please
  •  Limited offer so don't delay
  • Save up to 50% on RRP

Starting at: £120.00

incl. 20% VAT

bnt-coins-special-offer-set?$mf_Produktbild$&$muenze_1=bnt-coins-special-offer-set&$wa_10=bnt-coins-special-offer-set

Like a "Deal or No Deal"

Judging from their prices, even at half price it will still be overpriced 

Archived