• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

BNT - Do not use - Bunch of cowboys - Please read

oliversw5

Before I get into what has happened I would like to say that I am a really laid back person and very pragmatic. I understand companies get it wrong sometimes and thats part and parcel of business but how I have been treated is absolutely disgusting. 

I opted to buy 3 BU sovereigns and 3 Piedforts on 19 months credit at 0%. This was cleared and my initial payment had been put on my credit card. I then got a phone call saying that unfortunately I could only have 5 months credit, so I agreed to drop the 3 BU sovs and keep the 3 pied forts over 5 months credit - I was ok with that, life is not always fair but I was assured the 3 coins were mine (twice in fact over 2 phone conversations). I then got an email yesterday saying it was over 3 Months credit, so I sent an email back asking for was going on and politely asked if they could phone me to discuss. I then get told that the coins that I have been told on 3 occasions are mine are not in stock.

They have put the price up and sold my coins to someone else. I don't get angry about a lot of things but what a bunch of (insert appropriate word here)

Fuming!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would also like to add, there customer service is next to nothing. No one has any power to deal with an issues as they relay it all to 'head office' which most likely is in the same building. They haven't even offered any good will gestures after completely screwing me around. Its just a shocking company.

That sounds extremely dodgy. 

Have you got a copy of the finance agreement; I'm not entirely sure that what they have done is legal re: changing the terms of the finance arrangement.  Cutting your 0% credit 'time' by 74% is obscene, and could have caused you real financial problems.

It sounds as if they were trying to get you to cancel, so they could sell at a higher price.

Depending on how pissed you are: you have the legal right to Freedom of Information request all the records that the BNT holds about you.  That includes any of their internal emails, where they might have said the wrong thing... and any phone calls that were recorded (most companies do record).  Then you have your legal precedent, if you so wish to pursue that avenue.  However, posting an honest review on here and Facebook is probably far more damaging to their business than any legal redress that you might have.

4 minutes ago, Clens92 said:

That sounds extremely dodgy. 

Have you got a copy of the finance agreement; I'm not entirely sure that what they have done is legal re: changing the terms of the finance arrangement.  Cutting your 0% credit 'time' by 74% is obscene, and could have caused you real financial problems.

It sounds as if they were trying to get you to cancel, so they could sell at a higher price.

It was an email they sent me, it did say they had the right to cancel. I am not annoyed about that. I am annoyed about the piss poor service they have offered and the fact I have been told on 3 occasions that the coins were mine. 

You are exactly right they have cut it to squeeze people out so they can sell for more. Its a disgrace.

The thing that really gets to me is that I had the money to buy outright, but chose this option as it was more convenient for my cashflow, had I known I would have been messed around so much I would have simply paid up front for the 3 coins.

Just now, metallica73 said:

Hmmm, so just checked my credit card and the 'pending' first payment is no longer there. That's not a good sign? I guess a phone call is in order.

Best of luck, I hope someone at least gets there allocation. 

Could it be the case that BNT have sold the coins without having any stock?  If Chards were saying that they struggled to get as many as they wanted, and with such limited mintages, BNT might have been caught out and not been allocated any.  Not excusing them, but it might make sense.

6 minutes ago, Clens92 said:

Could it be the case that BNT have sold the coins without having any stock?  If Chards were saying that they struggled to get as many as they wanted, and with such limited mintages, BNT might have been caught out and not been allocated any.  Not excusing them, but it might make sense.

Isn't that something they sort with the mint prior to release? so they know how many they can list on the site. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Ok, just got off the phone with them.

Bearing in mind i've only ordered 1 BU for £525, they said my order is still in their system but they have to order them in, and they aren't expecting their delivery until July20th.

Make of that what you will, but that's a completely different story than given to the OP.

I can only share my experience. It's up to others to decide for themselves what they wish to do with what I have said. I would never slate a company for no reason nor would I put it on a forum because I have an axe to grind. I could post the emails but there is no point for two reasons. Firstly you get half the picture due a lot of the dialogue was via phone, secondly I'm still got going to get my coins that I was I would be getting as previously written.

i was also told via phone that they had 9 people queued for coins with 10 stockand delivery coming in for the bu. To me that suggests that they had too much demand and couldn't source more. It's just conviant there was stock and then the price went up and now there is not. Funny how they shot me down when I asked if I could order for the price i would have before they cut the finance by 14 months

maybe I should alter what I wrote and said it is of my opinion they have put the price up and sold to someone else. I don't know but regardless of how you look at it. It's a piss poor wait to treat customers. If you can't 100% deliver on something then don't say it.

i sincerely hope they deliver your order but I've got every right to feel aggrieved..

If you can back up what you have said, don't backtrack, tell it as it is.

5 minutes ago, metallica73 said:

Thanks

I would always steer clear of these dealers with grand sounding names designed to make themselves appear more important than they really are.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

They claim to be the world's largest online coin shop with 120 years of experience and no risk purchasing.

Based on our humble knowledge these claims are going some.

From the dealings I've had with Forum members, a deal is a deal - our word is our bond and that speaks volumes for a virtual trading environment.

You must be very disappointed;  Over the years I'm sure we've all sold things and then had second thoughts, but you simply cannot let these second thoughts show to the customers, that's dealing.

All you can do here, as you say, is take note and move on, you are right to Fume, or Boil as we say in Scotland.

Sorry that this has happened to a Forum member.

Found these couple of reviews on another forum

http://www.192.com/atoz/business/ashford-tn23/sc/bnt-british-numismatic-treasury-limited/3a70682f2ec71f9b48862ecd1c42537ebc8036bb/comp/

Yeah, don't think i'll be holding out for my coin anytime soon judging by this review - I'll phone them up after July 20th and if I get fobbed off i'll just ask them to delete my details for their system. This sounds like a regular tactic.

I would give minus score to this business if I could! I placed an order with this company over 2 months ago. I was told at first that the items were out of stock (after I placed my order) but there would be more to come in a couple of weeks, so I waited. Then I contacted the company again, I was told the stocks were still not available but the company has tried a different source so it would be in stock again in another 3 weeks. At the same time, the company was (is) still advertising the very same product for sale on the website but selling it twice as much as before. So now, it makes me wonder how possible the company will sell the same coins to me while I ordered them when they were at a lower price. Even though, the company never comes back to me to say they cannot fulfil my order or so, they just keep me hanging on for nothing!!! A truly unreliable and untrustworthy company, be warned and don't buy anything from them!

All sold out now  wish I hadn't suggested this company to westmistrel as I think I was the first to mention them on the forum although I did warn that I'd never bought from them myself

14 minutes ago, Avlis said:

All sold out now  wish I hadn't suggested this company to westmistrel as I think I was the first to mention them on the forum although I did warn that I'd never bought from them myself

It was worth a shot IMO. A few of us were too late to order from the RM. I'd just outlayed a grand for a double eagle and wouldn't have had the spare cash anyway so was tempted by their finance options. You win some, you lose some.

On 7/7/2017 at 18:01, Shinie said:

Wondering is BNT any relation to MDM of Germany or is it just very similar websites https://www.mdm.de

I think they're just using the same ecommerce platform 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Archived