• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Scottsdales 1oz Bu Ghana leopard mix up

swAgger

44 minutes ago, Markh said:

£35 for one of these. Good or bad buy. Your thoughts please

It depends on why you're looking at it in the first place. If you like the aesthetics of the coin/round and want to add one to your collection, then no one can say it's a bad decision. If you're looking to put your chips down on a coin/round that is going to be a long-term financial winner, you may want to do some additional research. It has a loyal following to be sure but much of the initial hype of what made the coin/round stand out has subsided. My recommendation would be to look at what else you could spend those PM dollars on and then compare the options against one another. Good luck and let us know what you decide!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Markh said:

£35 for one of these. Good or bad buy. Your thoughts please

Personally i would say bad and just wait if it is to simply have one. It is on the downslide of the hype and therefore shouldn't make a difference waiting if its not considered for an investment. Just my 2 cents

£35 is a little bit high. i bought some from goldsilver.be and then some more from a forum member. i average a bit under £29 delivered but i didn't just buy one. 

The coin is a nice looking one. This is very obvious from the photo of the graded MS70. No-one can rightly take that away from the coin which is always a plus.

If the coin appreciates people will say it was a good buy and if it doesn't they will say it was a poor buy. It is not a bad buy, it is a good looking 1oz silver coin, it is a 5000 limited mintage and it has a story and part of that is the coin should never have been minted. This separates the coin from the vast majority. The kerfuffle about the coin is some people thought it would be selling for a lot more than it is, some people over estimated the market and bought more than they wished they had and perhaps paid more than they wish they had.  

i do not see that prices are on the slide. They are holding up around the £30 - 35 mark. The excitement has settled. The last single coin sold for £30 on ebay. Multiples sold for more than £30 each. 

So £30 is the price, whatever anyone else thinks it should be. i think the coin has promise for the reasons i list. IF a series appears .and the coins are also appealing then the price will go up. i got some b/c i like the coin and the price i paid worked out a little bit under the market price. If we get a series of these animal coins then the 100 cedis silver leopard will become a must coin for collectors of that series and there aren't that many and a fair few are in strong hands. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

2 hours ago, Jester said:

It depends on why you're looking at it in the first place. If you like the aesthetics of the coin/round and want to add one to your collection, then no one can say it's a bad decision. If you're looking to put your chips down on a coin/round that is going to be a long-term financial winner, you may want to do some additional research. It has a loyal following to be sure but much of the initial hype of what made the coin/round stand out has subsided. My recommendation would be to look at what else you could spend those PM dollars on and then compare the options against one another. Good luck and let us know what you decide!

Got it for £34. It's a keeper long term. It's got some aspects to it that I think will make it hold value. As for other options it would have been a SBSS micro mintage/proof but that would have cost me another £12.

14 hours ago, sixgun said:

£35 is a little bit high. i bought some from goldsilver.be and then some more from a forum member. i average a bit under £29 delivered but i didn't just buy one. 

The coin is a nice looking one. This is very obvious from the photo of the graded MS70. No-one can rightly take that away from the coin which is always a plus.

If the coin appreciates people will say it was a good buy and if it doesn't they will say it was a poor buy. It is not a bad buy, it is a good looking 1oz silver coin, it is a 5000 limited mintage and it has a story and part of that is the coin should never have been minted. This separates the coin from the vast majority. The kerfuffle about the coin is some people thought it would be selling for a lot more than it is, some people over estimated the market and bought more than they wished they had and perhaps paid more than they wish they had.  

i do not see that prices are on the slide. They are holding up around the £30 - 35 mark. The excitement has settled. The last single coin sold for £30 on ebay. Multiples sold for more than £30 each. 

So £30 is the price, whatever anyone else thinks it should be. i think the coin has promise for the reasons i list. IF a series appears .and the coins are also appealing then the price will go up. i got some b/c i like the coin and the price i paid worked out a little bit under the market price. If we get a series of these animal coins then the 100 cedis silver leopard will become a must coin for collectors of that series and there aren't that many and a fair few are in strong hands. 

It was me that bought that last one on eBay for £30. Its a beaut of a coin, I couldn't be happier! Well worth it in my opinion.

On 21/09/2017 at 08:33, Tpbullion said:

It was me that bought that last one on eBay for £30. Its a beaut of a coin, I couldn't be happier! Well worth it in my opinion.

Nice coin. I had to study it close. At first I couldn't work out if it was scratched or finger prints on it...

But it was the detail in the end  the grass and leopard print background.

Once on buy it now eBay is indeed 30+. But after goldsilvebe is dry i think we'll get a truer picture of the price. And as it's a yearly series might be worth palming a few to coincide with the renewed interest when the following one comes. The completists will have more incentive then. 

25 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

Why just GSBE? Lots of EU dealers have these in stock at good prices

Because no one stocks the 100 Cedis version, just the 5 Cedis one? Not sure what you local google provides as a search result but I could only find https://www.duesselgold24.de/de/silbermunzen/1308-1-unze-silber-african-leopard-ghana-2017-vvk.html and €69 is double of what gs.be is asking for whatever quantity they have left (more than they state online but lost track).

If you have any results, please share. Some latecomers might like to get one for less than 75% premium over the 5 Cedis. 

Because no one stocks the 100 Cedis version, just the 5 Cedis one? Not sure what you local google provides as a search result but I could only find https://www.duesselgold24.de/de/silbermunzen/1308-1-unze-silber-african-leopard-ghana-2017-vvk.html and €69 is double of what gs.be is asking for whatever quantity they have left (more than they state online but lost track).
If you have any results, please share. Some latecomers might like to get one for less than 75% premium over the 5 Cedis. 

It is interesting seeing how the price has been climbing. I was hoping that the price would have been higher, but that is because I'm new to investing in coins and I expected the price to behave more like a stock would behave with the news of a break through.

Live and learn.

It is interesting seeing how the price has been climbing. I was hoping that the price would have been higher, but that is because I'm new to investing in coins and I expected the price to behave more like a stock would behave with the news of a break through.

Live and learn.

I'd suggest outside of extremely limited runs it's often better for a collectible price/demand to grow steadily over time than go nuts off the bat. 

It's not like a stock where the masses with $$$ in the game are looking to make a fast buck.

I'd suggest outside of extremely limited runs it's often better for a collectible price/demand to grow steadily over time than go nuts off the bat. 
It's not like a stock where the masses with $$$ in the game are looking to make a fast buck.

That is what I learnt. [emoji846]

It really seems that the bulk grading must have been an error now that additional grades have been added. A MS70 grade is very elusive and really hard to achieve. 

IMG_6196.PNG

Leopards from 4:40 min

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks to the drop in precious metal value, the Leopard Cedis can be had for less than 35€ for the 100 Cedis coin and just over 20€ for the FIVE Cedis coin at gs.be

group order via BYB is probably the cheapest/best option if you live in the UK. Since these come in a capsule on a sheet damage due to handling should not be an issue.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
On 27/11/2019 at 10:08, Tritoon01 said:

If someone is still looking for the 100 cedis Leopard, I have some spares.....55 euros + shipping costs 

Do you still have any of these at all? Looking for 2

Looking for 1965, 1981 and 1983-1984 GOLD Ghanaian coins

Archived