• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Royal Mint £20 Coin - Second In The Series - World War One

doogs

Well that makes a bit more sense. The thing that maybe didn't come across was that the £20 coin should not be seen as spending anything (unless you paid for postage), it's really no different to asking the bank for bags of 10p coins to the value of £20. It's still the same amount of currency.

Buying a Kook for £20 (for example) is spending, because you are buying an asset that could go up or down in value and once purchased cannot be readily spent for what you paid for it. 

I haven't gone mad with these £20 coins, just got one for my collection and a couple to flip. If the price people are paying for them drops to where they aren't profitable, I will cash them back in and I have lost nothing. You might say "oh but you could have bought some 1oz coins instead" - yes well I have quite a few of those already, one or two less is no big deal  :)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how happy would you be to receive silver content shilling in change?

Very, because it's worth more than face.

how happy would you be to receive silver £20 coin in change?

Unhappy because it would probably be a ballache to get somebody to accept it again.

why don't people change £20 note for £20 silver coin?

Because they are not available at banks, a ballache to spend and you have to pay shipping.

Stacker since 2013

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

a little offtopic, I hope you will forgive a newbie  :unsure:

I want to buy some of these coins to the Royal Mint, but when I'm doing it, in my basket this appears --> Annual Subscription. What is this? If I mark it, what does it mean? I can't find an explanation on the website :-( 

BTW, I'm going to London this weekend do you know if I can buy some in a Royal Mail office? Do you know place to buy this stuff or similar in London?

Thank you very much  :)

Hmm

i just tried a fake order, nothing came up for an "annual subscription" for me?

With regards to buying from a post office....

"

Does the Royal Mint have a shop?

Does the Royal Mint have a shop? 

No, but you can purchase selected items via selected retailers throughout the UK. Branches of Post Office and WHSmith hold stock of some of our products. Be sure to telephone your local branch to check this before setting out."

there you go, google where the nearest big post office is and give it a try. Seems they might have it, but to be honest i wouldnt get your hopes too high

• Founder & Administrator

Add another £20 coin clinisbud, I think there is free shipping on your total order if you order 3 or more of those.

I didn't know that you could buy from their shop, didn't even know they had a shop. And I had no idea that the Post Office and WHSmith (which is a stationary shop) stocks Royal mint products. I have never seen any silver coins or other Royal Mint products in any Post Office or WHSmith before.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

whoa whoa whoa!

First things first, there is no royal mint shop. The link you have there for the place in  london could just be called that because they are on royal mint street. It probably sells kiss me quick hats and nelsons columns made of smarties!

Secondly, i see what you mean about the annual subscription. Can i just make sure that you know that the 100th anniversary coin isnt silver, and is infact cupro nickel? http://www.royalmint.com/shop/The_100th_Anniversary_of_the_First_World_War_Outbreak_2014_UK_2_pound_Brilliant_Uncirculated_Coin?tab=specification#productdetails

so pretty much worth bugger all. if you like it thats fine, but just want to make sure you are aware.

Hello,

thank you for your posts!

@lightjaw

You are right about the shop, Google Street View confirmed it  :D  :D  :D  :D

Yeah, I knew it's not silver  :lol:  Thank you for noticing to me, I am a begginner and it's easy to mistake.

The first coin was that £2 coin, and the 2nd of the serie was it's the £20 outbreak 2014, correct?. I would like to do the series because I like WWI, but I prefer not to do the subscription then.

@ChrisSilver

No luck for spaniards,  £12.5 for sending to us. Probably I will ask in the forum  :rolleyes: if I can't find in a post office

Bye!

clinisbud. If you're in London you could try the Bank of England museum (it's inside the bank building) close to BANK tube station. They sell a variety of new RM stuff. I'm not sure if they're open on the weekend though...

Archived