• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

doogs

New Royal Mint £20 Coin - Second In The Series - World War One

In theory, for payment of a debt (which would include paying for a restaurant meal you've just eaten or paying for fuel which is already in your car) the other party 'should' accept any legal tender.

Try explaining that to the person behind the counter when you're paying with a £50 note and don't have anything else with you.  If they refused I'd video the transaction of me paying and go.  If I was owed change I would take goods to the value on the way out (not that I'd be doing this with the £20 coins though).

Edited by Helping Hands

Hi stack, could you please explain what you mean about tescos, as i dont know what you talking about. Thanks.

Hi Smoke. Some dude went into a tesco filling station with a pocket full of the £20 coins that had just been released and started to kick off when the poor cashier refused to take the coins.

The story was then taken to the media who whipped it into a huge story and was in the papers and bbc news etc.

I personally think it was an attempt to create a shit storm by somebody with a grudge against tesco. and with plenty of folk don't like tesco for one reason or another right or wrong.

has anyone noticed how much smaller these coins look in comparison

to some of the other 1/2 oz ?

First thing I thought HH, but they are re-assuringly thick.

I cracked one of mine out of the card and it is absolutely lovely in hand.