• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Shamatti

Today I bought (Non PM).....

On 15/02/2018 at 07:23, CarlosSilver said:

I bought a transit van that me and the wife will be converting into a camper.

She will be doing most of the work because I am quite useless at DIY stuff and I can't be trusted with power tools. 

Finally finished and had our first weekend away last week in the Derbyshire Dale's. IMG_20180706_175648.thumb.jpg.2f34d01be49cd514a9fad47ca87841dc.jpg

Today I popped out of work to Costco for a bite to eat and came away with this 3 litre bottle of Canadian vodka shaped as a skull. Costco is the cheapest place I've seen this as most online retailers charge over £200 plus for the same. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

5 minutes ago, MickB said:

Today I popped out of work to Costco for a bite to eat and came away with this 3 litre bottle of Canadian vodka shaped as a skull. Costco is the cheapest place I've seen this as most online retailers charge over £200 plus for the same. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Once you've polished it off, google bottle lamps, that will make a really cool piece !

Just now, Bullionbilly said:

Once you've polished it off, google bottle lamps, that will make a really cool piece !

Great idea! Thanks :)

Although it may be a while before it's empty!

Finally decided to update my trusty old HTC One M8 that I had for 4 years.  Unlocking it kept it going thanks to the devs releasing the latest android roms.

Have now got a Huawei P20 pro + a Spigen case & Spigen tempered glass screen protector.

It has a tripple camera with up to 40 megapixel resolution and AI assist (suppose to be the best mobile camera currently available with excellent night shots)

Will have a play around tomorrow and see what coin pics I can churn out with my shitty photography skills :)

phone.jpg

protector.jpg

Replaced my RIGID visible LED lights on the Raptor with RIGID’s Infrared Series D2 IR Driving Pair. Easy plug and play swap out! 96B00277-06D1-4D74-9D8B-030AF749A08E.thumb.jpeg.fcb313dcd9bfc253fded4e773ef909a9.jpeg

These are a couple of photos taken through night vision so you can see the output. Too much ambient street light to show full capability.

895387B2-2AE6-4E1E-8D8D-5181ABF48653.thumb.jpeg.4bd0e87f891549967508bc76b156be59.jpegABCE7326-1385-46B6-9A7B-C93A9B6A9AA5.thumb.jpeg.4efff876e9ea5577e58e92ceb77f41b5.jpeg

These are the lights on without night vision. Can see that they are operating in the near IR spectrum to visible, hence the faint red glow when looking at them head on.

83FBA4E6-3BE6-420C-A1E7-77F5411E0EB0.thumb.jpeg.89dac805062128024f875f14be88fd96.jpeg

On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 20:51, mr-dead said:

Finally decided to update my trusty old HTC One M8 that I had for 4 years.  Unlocking it kept it going thanks to the devs releasing the latest android roms.

Have now got a Huawei P20 pro + a Spigen case & Spigen tempered glass screen protector.

It has a tripple camera with up to 40 megapixel resolution and AI assist (suppose to be the best mobile camera currently available with excellent night shots)

Will have a play around tomorrow and see what coin pics I can churn out with my shitty photography skills :)

phone.jpg

protector.jpg

hi sir

lets know how you get on with it, I too am still with a 4 year old  one plus, thanks to devs & roms, but it looking like time for a update , have you rooted it yet ?

dean.m

Edited by Augustus1

Just now, Augustus1 said:

hi

lets know how you get on with it, I too am still with a 4 year old  one plus, thanks to devs & roms, but it looking like time for a update , have you rooted it yet ?

dean.m

Been running it a few weeks now, no issues.

Runs quick, camera is excellent, plenty of storage.

Not rooted yet and dont intend too at the moment, when some signicantly better roms start coming out ill take another look.

I really like the look of that Watch, I bought myself a GMT Master II, 12 years ago in the Bahamas for $2,500 (£1,250 at the 2-1 exchange rate of the time), When I got it serviced last year I was offered £6,500 for it. Not interested in selling, but nice to know. £640 for a service stings a bit though!

Cheers

DK

3 hours ago, DonkeyKong said:

I really like the look of that Watch, I bought myself a GMT Master II, 12 years ago in the Bahamas for $2,500 (£1,250 at the 2-1 exchange rate of the time), When I got it serviced last year I was offered £6,500 for it. Not interested in selling, but nice to know. £640 for a service stings a bit though!

Cheers

DK

afraid service costs reflects the value of the watchs , like a expensive car leads to expensive maintenance costs but needed to retain a good future value.

dean.m

I got glasses B)

I went to the optician for the first time in about 15 years yesterday

I'm short sighted, I got glasses when I was around 16 to better read the board at school, I didn't really use them, lost hem and I haven't worn glasses since

I noticed around 2 years ago that my eyesight was getting a bit worse, but it was only my GF's nagging lately that finally got me to go; I'm not very good at pushing myself to do things I CBA to do, even if they're beneficial long term 

My eyes weren't as bad as I feared, right -1.50, left -1.25 and are apparently in good health

So I bought a couple pairs of glasses and now have to wait a week or two :D 

I started wearing glasses a couple of years ago. The optician told me when you get your eyes tested its not just your vision he checks, they look for other nasty diseases, for example, Diabetes, Sickle Cell Disease, Thyroid Disorder, Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis etc...I go quite often now. 

1 hour ago, Bullionbilly said:

@Kman

Not a cheap do glasses... what they set you back ?

Recently bought the mrs 2 pairs 😕

Something we take for granted is sight. Imagine been without it 😟

Vision express offered buy one get one half price so I bought two pairs; a pair that were light and felt comfortable and another that looked a bit more fashionable 

All in all it was £10 exam + glasses £89 + £59 - 29.50 being half price = £128.50

They asked me if I wanted them with anti-glare, which would be white £39 or blue £59, I had no idea? 

But they said I could always come back and get anti-glare added later so I just got them plain and see how I get on

Edited by Kman

58 minutes ago, Xander said:

I started wearing glasses a couple of years ago. The optician told me when you get your eyes tested its not just your vision he checks, they look for other nasty diseases, for example, Diabetes, Sickle Cell Disease, Thyroid Disorder, Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis etc...I go quite often now. 

Yeah I had three tests done which I think are just for eye health

Clicking whenever you see a dot, puff of air in the eye and then I think maybe a photo with a flash? 

I was a bit worried because the other week I seemed to suddenly get quite a lot of floaters, but that's calmed down now