• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

200 Anniversary "Strike on the day" Sovereign

westminstrel

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, ShaolinStacker said:

Having a bit of buyers remorse. Picked up 3 of the BU thinking theyd go first. Wishing I grabbed a Piefort as well. The BU still hasn't sold out yet. While the Piefort is long gone with double the mintage. Oh well Only time will tell. 

Bit impatient if you ask me...its been up for sale a day.

3 hours ago, ShaolinStacker said:

Having a bit of buyers remorse. Picked up 3 of the BU thinking theyd go first. Wishing I grabbed a Piefort as well. The BU still hasn't sold out yet. While the Piefort is long gone with double the mintage. Oh well Only time will tell. 

You have plenty of time to cancel or can return when you get them

Also, it's only been 24 hours, I don't think you can tell with the RM atm if they're truly selling out to the public or doing job lots to big dealers

I don't believe at all they sold out the 1/4 proof Unicorn to the public in the time they did 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

2 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

If you look at it either way, they're sold out, whether it be to a dealer or to the public

yeah but "wow they sold out in a day!" is an artificial hype if it's not sold out to the public

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

3 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

But was the BU getting hyped on here? No one knows who bought, but it has gone,  now it's onwards to the secondary market. Far too many people get sucked into the hype by particular people and this is mainly due to the fact that certain people by multiples of coins and then start to try and create the hype in order to sell for profit.

As i keep pointing out, people should buy what appeals to them and not what appeals to the individual who has bought quantity to line their pockets, in this scenario thy don't have others interests to heart, only what they can gain in profit from the hype

I've found hype on here to be a good indicator or how well a coin is going to do

I personally believe the BU is very interesting, I came to that conclusion on my own

As said above, people have plenty of time to cancel and can always return, your options are open by preordering, if it does sell out soon then you have the option to stick with it, if it doesn't and that perturbs you then you can cancel 

1 minute ago, Kman said:

I've found hype on here to be a good indicator or how well a coin is going to do

I personally believe the BU is very interesting, I came to that conclusion on my own

As said above, people have plenty of time to cancel and can always return, your options are open by preordering, if it does sell out soon then you have the option to stick with it, if it doesn't and that perturbs you then you can cancel 

That's what i did for the piedfort proof 

This might be the reason for the sell out lol

I think any of these coins will do well, short term or long term, unless there is a third wave of issues by RM.  It seems as though coin collecting is on the rise.  I genuinely believe that people are looking for good quality things to put their money into.  Limited coins issued by the Royal Mint - I don't think you could get any better.

3 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

I think the proof went first because of the price of the price of the normal proof sovereign, you're getting double the weight for the same price. A lower mintage doesn't always mean it will be a sell out. If dealers have bought into the Piedfort then you'd have to ask why they didn't also go for the BU, that's why i believe that it was more the public that bought the piedfort other than dealers.

CPM were pushing the piedfort on their website, but didn't have any of the BUs listed.

And Chards are offering it a discount.  I have a notion that the Piedfort was the one everyone expected and the BU came as a surprise package.  For the sums involved the Piedfort may have been budgeted for in advance.  I don't think it will be too long before the demand for BU catches up.

48 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

There's not a lot that comes out from the RM these days that doesn't take people by surprise, in fact the offerings from yesterday was their most recent surprise as they said the Pitrussci design wouldn't be made available again after they minted the 2017 proof Sovereign lol

For me, the BU was the big surprise. I got wind of the Quintuple a few days in advance and shared the info here; and some of us knew about the Piedfort from the proclamation.

The Strike on the Day was something special, both in design and mintage, and surprised me at any rate.

Just now, sovereignsteve said:

you got your 3 ?:P

No I just checked and there were 3 gone, not bought by myself :P

3 sold in 30 or so minutes isn't bad going, I wonder how many they were allocated 

I wish the RM didn't have the 3 limit so could watch how they're selling

Feel any different about the BU today? 

yes and no. I wish I could see a proper photo of the coin. The mockups make them look quite a nice finish but their usual BU finish is shiny and naff like the bullions. If they turn out out to be like the early Eliz 2 sovs from the 50's and 60's I might regret not going for them.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

10 minutes ago, Kman said:

So they're gone from the RM site... sold out I guess 

I feel like I'm going to buy one from Chards now humm 

Just pulled the trigger. £504 delivered from Chards , that's me on bread and water till next pay day :wacko:

9 minutes ago, Kman said:

So they're gone from the RM site... sold out I guess 

I feel like I'm going to buy one from Chards now humm 

Go for it !

With this low mintage don't think going to be many around after they sell out 

Your call

2 minutes ago, Silvergun said:

Just pulled the trigger. £504 delivered from Chards , that's me on bread and water till next pay day :wacko:

pay day is tonight 00:00 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Archived