• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

200 Anniversary "Strike on the day" Sovereign

westminstrel

9 minutes ago, Goldmick said:

Cool I would do it then cos I was told they was gone the piedmont is a good buy to I ant got that much spare cash lol 

yeah it has just sold out ...... all double thickness sov  gone, u give up your electric fags will help ;) save money

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this likely 3,000 sales in 12 hours?  Yet the Strike of the day - lower price - lower mintage still available?  There is a great interest in these coins but maybe the piedfort has just captured the imagination a bit more.

I have to say that it was only when I started to really analyse the coins that I saw the features of the "Strike on the day" - I love them both.  Very exciting!

51 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

So if a 3500 mintage sells out before an 1870 mintage that does tell us something about which coin is likely to do better ?

Did you get the piedfort? 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Just now, mr-dead said:

send me the link, not available where I am looking

Ahh haybe it's just because we have cookies and info saved from looking at the website earlier, I just looked on an incog window and you're correct the add to basket button is gone 

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Just now, shortstack68 said:

Some of these will have gone to dealers, keep looking around. @Kman yes I was lucky enough to buy one, I added it into the "today I bought" thread earlier today

Nice, I must admit I didn't expect the piedfort to sell out in a day with 3500 available 

Some things at the mint seem to be selling out pretty suspiciously fast though if you ask me....

the 1/4 proof gold unicorn for example

:ph34r:

@mr-dead the 3500 sold were limited presentation, but the maximum mintage is 3750 so they have 250 stashed back somewhere, for a set of some kind I guess 

Having read ALL of your last post,way up the board by now, several times you give no indication of what the one coin selling out before the other tells us other than you suggest, a pure assumption, on your part that the first to sell out is "likely to do better". What do you base that on??...to give you a clue some people only by Proofs,I know some collectors that only collect Piedfort coins.Personally I believe it tells us nothing and I was politely interested in your views.

Then you reply to a complete stranger with the rudeness and ignorance of Donald Trump with quote "but I wont say as I like to keep idiots in suspense:.

You certainly don't have to feel for me in any way, as I find it impossible to believe you that you have superior intelligence even to that of a single celled amoeba as you obviously only  possess the good manners and civility of an ignorant degenerate.

In the 12 months I have been a Member of this site I have made several new and good Friends and now having had personal correspondence with you for the first,and LAST, time I can easily understand why many of them have said to me that you are without doubt the most ignorant,rude and decidedly unliked, member of the whole Forum.

Finally you will notice that I have said that I have spoken to you for the last time and that is a simple fact. you will get no further responses from me on this matter, it is closed.

Should you wish to respond that is your right but may I just humbly suggest that will be a complete waste of your time and effort on your part as I have far more important things to do with my time than to read anything you may wish to write, let alone reply to.

Having referenced Donald Trump above I will do so once more.............SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

Also just another thought, but it could be that people who wanted the 2017 Proof Sovereign saw the piedfort as an option to own the design in proof standard

I think that is exactly it.

People who missed the sovereign at issue price of £400+ will baulk at paying up to £900 on the secondary market but £800 for a double weight coin of the exact same appearance will seem a bargain.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

2 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

I think that is exactly it.

People who missed the sovereign at issue price of £400+ will baulk at paying up to £900 on the secondary market but £800 for a double weight coin of the exact same appearance will seem a bargain.

And in the box it will look the same!  If you hide the certificate only you will know that it is a heavyweight!

16 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Everyone's attention (and money) elsewhere today?

To get everyone's attention here, another proof full sovereign currently going for 582 quid in the auction:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2017-Full-Gold-Proof-Sovereign-With-Box-And-Coa-/112456344675?hash=item1a2eeba463:g:0wgAAOSwXY5ZQoBt

Omne aurum quod rex valūtās

8 minutes ago, HyHy said:

To get everyone's attention here, another proof full sovereign currently going for 582 quid in the auction:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2017-Full-Gold-Proof-Sovereign-With-Box-And-Coa-/112456344675?hash=item1a2eeba463:g:0wgAAOSwXY5ZQoBt

That's our Arshi:)

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Archived