• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Shipping to China-Confiscation likely?

A Chinese Ebay  buyer ordered an expensive ancient greek silver coin ($750) and when I went to the US post office they warned against sendg gold and silver into China because it was likely to be confiscated even though we were shipping it registered and insured mail.  

Does anyone have experience with shipping into China?   Any advice would be greatly appreciated because the order is waiting.  

Thanks 

depends on which city and WHEN, if that's just before public holiday or some sort of politics meeting they will check every single package

for example Chinese new year , dragon boat festival ,

but if u send after everything will be fine,

summer holiday is a good chance to send

that's direct in china, however u can en-route the package to avoid the checks .....

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

7 hours ago, forgottenmemorie said:

If the postal office is warning you, I'd personally listen to them. Nothing worse than losing a coin and your money..

Yes, very good point.  That sealed the deal for me.

1 hour ago, fehk2001 said:

depends on which city and WHEN, if that's just before public holiday or some sort of politics meeting they will check every single package

for example Chinese new year , dragon boat festival ,

but if u send after everything will be fine,

summer holiday is a good chance to send

that's direct in china, however u can en-route the package to avoid the checks .....

If it was a cheaper coin I would risk it.  But not for a $750 coin.  

Archived