• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New King Charles III Bank Notes

New notes issued today with the first serial numbers being;

£5 CA 01

£10 HB 01

£20 EH 01

£50 AJ 01

I know we only use these to buy the real stuff, however would still be nice to get a full set of the early notes.    

9 minutes ago, bluffer said:

why not starting at AA?   they planning on selling those at premium prices and auctions?

I think these start where the last run from QE II finished, not 100% sure so would need further looking into.

5 minutes ago, Olivard said:

They said in the news this morning that the early run of notes were in the hands of KC3.

He will have had his pick I expect, however there will still be some really good numbers to collect.

He probably would have kept a few dates 652023  or 06052023 , that's if he is into that sort of thing😀

1 hour ago, Wampum said:

I think these start where the last run from QE II finished, not 100% sure so would need further looking into.

suppose that makes sense but i would have thought the different monarch would have been enough to show the difference. 

10 hours ago, bluffer said:

suppose that makes sense but i would have thought the different monarch would have been enough to show the difference. 

I thought the same so was looking for AA notes, then saw that they started with the above prefix, so assumed that they followed on from the last note printed. 

Posted (edited)
On 06/06/2024 at 00:34, Sc391 said:

Does anyone happen to know of a source for US collectors to obtain a set?  Thanks in advance 

I can see a lot listed on Ebay at really high prices, some have actually sold for more than three times their face value.

You could wait for a  while for the hype to die down, and get them from there, with a chance of a low number later on, will be looking for these myself.   

If you have a dealer you use from here, you could ask them to send you a set with your next order. 

Can you order foreign Currency from your local Bank or Foreign exchange? not sure how your systems work, however we can also order dollars through our post offices, so you could be the same.

Edited by Wampum

11 hours ago, Wampum said:

I can see a lot listed on Ebay at really high prices, some have actually sold for more than three times their face value.

You could wait for a  while for the hype to die down, and get them from there, with a chance of a low number later on, will be looking for these myself.   

If you have a dealer you use from here, you could ask them to send you a set with your next order. 

Seems crazy that people are paying that much for them.

If you really want an unc fiver without going to much effort, it would only cost you 85p (the price of a second class stamp). Just sent a Queenie fiver off to the BoE with the exchange form and they will send back a Charlie one with free postage.

If you want to swap larger amounts, you would of course be better off sending it via SD, and including an extra £5 for them to return your new notes via SD.

Here's the form: https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/-/media/boe/files/banknotes/hmk-cash-exchange-form-may-2024.pdf

39 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Seems crazy that people are paying that much for them.

If you really want an unc fiver without going to much effort, it would only cost you 85p (the price of a second class stamp). Just sent a Queenie fiver off to the BoE with the exchange form and they will send back a Charlie one with free postage.

If you want to swap larger amounts, you would of course be better off sending it via SD, and including an extra £5 for them to return your new notes via SD.

Here's the form: https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/-/media/boe/files/banknotes/hmk-cash-exchange-form-may-2024.pdf

Thank you for the information, will definitely be getting one of each, so more than likely use SD to be safe. I have been trying the local cash points to no avail, so this seems the best idea.   

13 hours ago, Wampum said:

I thought the same so was looking for AA notes, then saw that they started with the above prefix, so assumed that they followed on from the last note printed. 

AA 01 …… serial numbers were issued for all denominations when the polymer notes were first issued as original designs. However, if there’s a change in the monarch or a change in the chief cashiers signature then 2 new consecutive letters are used, eg when the first polymer £50 note was issued with Sarah John as the Ch.Cashier & Alan Turing on the reverse, that started with AA01…. I managed to buy one - Paid about £100! Here’s the previous £50 note bought at a Spinks charity auction with very low numbers. Paid £110 - worth at least double that now.

IMG_0463.jpeg

4 hours ago, Wampum said:

Thank you for the information, will definitely be getting one of each, so more than likely use SD to be safe. I have been trying the local cash points to no avail, so this seems the best idea.   

Never seen a cash point that gave out £50's, Only ever actually had a couple of £50's ever, they're way to difficult to spend to be any real use.

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

From the moment you are born, the number of people in the world who are older than you only ever gets smaller.

8 hours ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

Never seen a cash point that gave out £50's, Only ever actually had a couple of £50's ever, they're way to difficult to spend to be any real use.

1 hour ago, SidS said:

I've always struggled to get hold of £50 notes, rarer than hen's teeth.

The fifty was going to be the hardest, was looking for the £5 £10 £20 from a cash point, however there are none around here that are giving them out. I think the easiest way for me will be to send off to the BOE.

Overall less running around trying to find the notes, and to get a £50 from a bank is more than likely going to be a nightmare.

1 minute ago, Wampum said:

The fifty was going to be the hardest, was looking for the £5 £10 £20 from a cash point, however there are none around here that are giving them out. I think the easiest way for me will be to send off to the BOE.

Overall less running around trying to find the notes, and to get a £50 from a bank is more than likely going to be a nightmare.

Let's hope they don't do a Royal Mail and lose any submissions, or just say all the ones you submitted were fake! I would definitely take a video of whatever you send just in case.

1 minute ago, SidS said:

I'd order some if they'd let you pay online. No way I'm sending cash through the post.

I don't see any risk if you send it via Special Delivery? No riskier than sending sovereigns and so on.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, paulmerton said:

Let's hope they don't do a Royal Mail and lose any submissions, or just say all the ones you submitted were fake! I would definitely take a video of whatever you send just in case.

That's not a bad idea, at least then I will have the serial numbers also of the notes I send.

Going to sort it out over the weekend and send off Monday probably two £50's and one each of the rest. 

Edited by Wampum

51 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Who is willing to obtain a set of these for me? I will ofc pay! Nice crispy new notes… I love the smell. 😎 

I tried to send you a message but it said you can’t receive them. I’ll send you a set. See if you can send me a message 

4 hours ago, Britannia47 said:

Just found my other £50 Turing note AA01……!
Hope to queue up Monday to get the latest ones.

IMG_0464.jpeg

Will make a really nice set. Good luck for an early one on Monday  

On 05/06/2024 at 20:41, Wampum said:

He will have had his pick I expect, however there will still be some really good numbers to collect.

He probably would have kept a few dates 652023  or 06052023 , that's if he is into that sort of thing😀

turns out you are right. the serial numbers do just follow on and the king has been presented with 000001

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/saving/article-13494601/King-Charles-bank-notes-enter-circulation-today-5-10-20-50-serial-numbers-hunt-worth-fortune.html?ico=mol_desktop_money-newtab_toast_new_money&molReferrerUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fmoney%2Findex.html

10 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Who is willing to obtain a set of these for me? I will ofc pay! Nice crispy new notes… I love the smell. 😎 

I may be able to. I’m getting some sent for myself too. Will have to talk to family. 

Aaaahhh😉

13 hours ago, bluffer said:

I wonder if he is up for a swap?

I have a few of his Sovereigns he might be interested in.😀