• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1/10 krugerrand coins

2 hours ago, Dankanugget said:

What's the most desired 1/10 ...if there is one?

pressburg mint 1/10ths are fab too

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

1 hour ago, Spyder said:

I buy what I like and no Government will ever get a penny from me regarding any coins I buy. 

Very dangerous thing to say on a public forum.

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

From the moment you are born, the number of people in the world who are older than you only ever gets smaller.

1 minute ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

Very dangerous thing to say on a public forum.

If he doesnt sell them then he is technically correct, well, apart from any VAT on initial purchase that is, if buying silver or importing PM's and being charged customs fees...

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

If you can find one, the 2021 is the best kangaroo. They look rubbish in photos but in the hand they are high relief and reflective.

Perth Mint Kookaburras are pretty spectacular in 1/10th. It's almost like Perth Mint have quality controls and care about the product they give to consumers. They only do fractional in Kookaburras so the design is best suited to those smaller coins. Many of the other popular designs are primarily produced for larger coins (1oz, 1/2oz) and condensed to fit on 1/4 and 1/10

Here's a good comparison site for the premiums on various 1/10ths

Tenth Ounce Gold Coins - Buy 1/10oz Gold Coins | BullionByPost

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

41 minutes ago, Petra said:

Just don’t bother with any Krugerrand…. they’re awful coins🤔😮stick to Brits or Aussie 🤔😮😮😁

?? I don't see anything wrong with Krugs per se, I'm just biased because of the CGT problem.

From the moment you are born, the number of people in the world who are older than you only ever gets smaller.

3 minutes ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

?? I don't see anything wrong with Krugs per se, I'm just biased because of the CGT problem.

Same colour as modern sovs (916.7 gold) with none of the charm of CGT-exemption. The others are all 999+ and have the classic colour of, you know, gold.

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

Posted (edited)
On 27/05/2024 at 21:17, Thelonerangershorse said:

If you source your coins correctly and sell them correctly . CGT wont be a problem

Edited by gji25
info

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

2 hours ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

Come next April when the threshold drops to zero it will.

Use your head matey or does someone have to explain lol

basher.gif

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

Come next April when the threshold drops to zero it will.

I shall give you a pointer as an example: When the west put sanctions on russia for the conflict in the ukraine they included gold coins minted after 2022 when the conflict started. So if just say for arguments sake someone wanted to sell aload of russian post 2021 gold coins to the west they could easily smelt them down into gold bars and have them assayed. Capiche . Also if your wondering how to avoid Cgt on it. Depends on the delivery method. How do you think the BIS aquire theres.
👍

Edited by gji25
info

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Dankanugget said:

What's the most desired 1/10 ...if there is one?

The 1/10oz (as for the 1/4oz and 1/2oz) Krugerrand proof 1980 is the most scarce and desirable  of all fractionnal Krug with only 60 minted worldwide ...probably above the 1500£/2000£ mark (NGC census) for a good graded 1/10 coin above 68

The fractionnal Krugerrand were the first coins to be released in 1980 and only 60 proof vip sets were made for the occasion

I have been lucky to grab one small set a few years ago (1/10 and 1/4oz) at 15/20% premium over spot price :) and I am looking to complete my collection with a 1/2oz proof from time to time but I don't count too much on my luck this time ...  

Edited by Frenchie

7 hours ago, Frenchie said:

The 1/10oz (as for the 1/4oz and 1/2oz) Krugerrand proof 1980 is the most scarce and desirable  of all fractionnal Krug with only 60 minted worldwide ...probably above the 1500£/2000£ mark (NGC census) for a good graded 1/10 coin above 68

The fractionnal Krugerrand were the first coins to be released in 1980 and only 60 proof vip sets were made for the occasion

I have been lucky to grab one small set a few years ago (1/10 and 1/4oz) at 15/20% premium over spot price :) and I am looking to complete my collection with a 1/2oz proof from time to time but I don't count too much on my luck this time ...  

All Krugerrand proofs seem rare, but these are from an earlier 1997 set, with a 30th Anniversary privy mark on the 1oz.

Good-luck with your hunt for the 1/10 and/or 1/2……

Photo taken of coins within their capsules.

IMG_0851.jpeg

19 hours ago, gji25 said:

I shall give you a pointer as an example: When the west put sanctions on russia for the conflict in the ukraine they included gold coins minted after 2022 when the conflict started. So if just say for arguments sake someone wanted to sell aload of russian post 2021 gold coins to the west they could easily smelt them down into gold bars and have them assayed. Capiche . Also if your wondering how to avoid Cgt on it. Depends on the delivery method. How do you think the BIS aquire theres.
👍

Bars are still subject to CGT !