• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Flipping art, easy money

This is very very different to street art but it blows my mind - god knows what the original cost - but 25 prints full size 2.1 x 1.1 m - £2200 all sold, there is some reduced size  140 x 71.6 cm at £540 100 prints available some left. 

I really like this, i feel i could look at it every day of my life and see something new. I think id want to see it in person first before buying though. 

935019_e07b982b6b234c33a453c7f0d7da3d81_mv2_d_2566_1446_s_2.jpg.3c83251eb362e0144f9ba3017460252b.jpg935019_5da725b211da431a97e71a2327b7ab4e_mv2.jpg.9762d6af9909462947e49e4c4f669adc.jpg935019_5e7a7f2ef4584eaca4391f0ea5a42f9b_mv2.jpg.572648d5b95446c8343d50fe1349abe4.jpg935019_36ba927bc156488ab1ef80e4753bbff1_mv2.jpg.b3eca0271fadf3a165430f9568f2154a.jpg

thought id go for one of the more simpler smaller pieces at £60, i think it may have been the last one of 100 as showing sold out now. Depending how i feel about this in the hand i may order the whale. I should mention im buying these just because i love them and not for resale down the line. 

935019_78caa310bf4e40a59fa2c0a7e77bcab6_mv2.jpg.9e5185b916c5360367d78dc33da29a4a.jpg

Edited by Madstacks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @mr-dead I have just come across this post on flipping art. I would love to try this but my problem is the amount of money to start with? Could I start with £200? Would you be able to point me in the right direction of who I could possibly buy the artist prints from and do ok with. Or would I be wasting your time with just £200? 

Just now, Trumar said:

Hello @mr-dead I have just come across this post on flipping art. I would love to try this but my problem is the amount of money to start with? Could I start with £200? Would you be able to point me in the right direction of who I could possibly buy the artist prints from and do ok with. Or would I be wasting your time with just £200? 

A budget of £200 is defo do-able.

I would recommend reading here for upcoming released and get a feel for the hype:

http://urbanartassociation.com/board/486/urban-art

With all the high demand prints you will literally have seconds to grab one so make sure you pre-register for the site and enter all your delivery details etc. beforehand so you can complete the checkout process as quickly as possible.

People are now using bots to automate the process so its getting tougher.

Thanks @mr-dead  I was expecting you to tell me no £200 is nowhere near enough money. So I just been on the site do I go on the Art for sale? On the main page I seen this person jaunt-William lachance, I’m not saying I have found the artist to make loads of money lol, just asking do I find and keep to one artist or do I read every post on the site until I find one that is ready to sell prints I can afford? 

I would recommend checking the main page here:

http://urbanartassociation.com/board/486/urban-art

Keep an eye out for upcoming releases and try and grab the lower release special editions where possible e.g. different colour scheme prints, brass edition etc.

If you buy in the art for sale thread then your just paying current market rates.

On 17/10/2018 at 13:56, Madstacks said:

This is very very different to street art but it blows my mind - god knows what the original cost - but 25 prints full size 2.1 x 1.1 m - £2200 all sold, there is some reduced size  140 x 71.6 cm at £540 100 prints available some left. 

I really like this, i feel i could look at it every day of my life and see something new. I think id want to see it in person first before buying though. 

935019_e07b982b6b234c33a453c7f0d7da3d81_mv2_d_2566_1446_s_2.jpg.3c83251eb362e0144f9ba3017460252b.jpg935019_5da725b211da431a97e71a2327b7ab4e_mv2.jpg.9762d6af9909462947e49e4c4f669adc.jpg935019_5e7a7f2ef4584eaca4391f0ea5a42f9b_mv2.jpg.572648d5b95446c8343d50fe1349abe4.jpg935019_36ba927bc156488ab1ef80e4753bbff1_mv2.jpg.b3eca0271fadf3a165430f9568f2154a.jpg

Love this. Who is the artist?

On 19/09/2018 at 15:06, mr-dead said:

Currently have a nice piece up for sale on ebay:

An original oil on glass piece by the famous artist Henrik Uldalen.

The painting is highly sought after as its the first piece ever created by the artist based on a coloured skin.

Henrik Uldalen:
https://www.henrikaau.com/
https://www.instagram.com/henrikaau/

Exibition Details:

SOLO EXHIBITIONS
2016 Last Rites. New York City, USA
2014 Thinkspace. Los Angeles, USA
2011 Galerie Contour. Skagen, Denmark
2010 Galleri Ramfjord. Oslo, Norway

SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS
2017 "Supersonic Invitational". Spoke Art. San Francisco, USA
2015 Inner State Gallery. “LAX/DTW”. Detroit, USA
2015 Galleri Ramfjord. “Scope Art Show”. New York, USA
2015 LA Muncipal Art Gallery. “20 Years Under The Influence of Juxtapoz”. Los Angeles, USA
2015 Modern Eden. “Platinum Blend”. San Francisco, USA
2015 Hashimoto Contemporary. “The Moleskine Project 4”. San Francisco, USA
2014 Arcadia Contemporary. “Scope Art Fair”. New York, USA
2014 Thinkspace. “LA Art Show”. Los Angeles, USA
2014 Arcadia Contemporary. “LA Art Show”. Los Angeles, USA
2013 Gallery 1261. “Contemporary Realism”. Denver, USA
2012 J. LeVine Gallery. “Art Basel”, Switzerland

CURATION
2017 Paintguide NYC. Booth Gallery. New York, USA
2016 Paintguide LDN. Unit London. London, U.K

Henrik's most recent art exibition:
qeafia7.png

One of his large, building sized pieces filmed as the building was torn down (worth a watch):
mG2R5nF.png

Video of the tear down:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVyJuRPDbcL/?taken-by=henrikaau

References to piece for sale on line:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ7FLYIj4by/?taken-by=henrikaau

Current pictures.
lk8fqx0.jpg

HnToLbR.jpg

hByQnHo.jpg

Provenance:
Original receipt, business card included with the sale along with the confirmation email that can be forwarded.

Picture dimensions:
12.5cm X 18cm

My Ebay listing:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132782469962

In this post apocalyptic world I also accept silver & gold as payment ;)

I see the listing has ended. Did you sell it or were there no takers for this one?

@mr-dead thanks for the help. I have just been on the link you sent me, I just read the John Doe post, they where talking about the little girl blowing star dust out of her hand. They where talking about the prints they where waiting for release and it seemed like most of them missed out in buying one or more. Also someone has posted one for sale on eBay for nearly £800. 

Hello @Madstacks long time no talk. How are you doing? I only see this art talk today and then to see your name again lol, what are you not into lol. I have seen the whale picture stunning piece of art. Have you seen the seahorse that the same artist has done? Probably a stupid question thinking long term, would it go up in value? I have been talking to mr- dead about buying and selling art prints. He definitely knows what he’s talking about, very nice bloke told me all about the urban art association website, that’s where I see the whale picture and then see you mention it on here. small world lol. 

I have the original John Doe of that series called "Miss Universe", also lucky enough to have an artist proof gold edition which is one of 5 made.

Also have a few other of his piece including a 1 of 1 gold gilt  rose  "Another Day in Paradise" and "Insight" in silver and gold versions

Excuse the shitty pics :)

03262103_56f67a84130e1.jpg.30725ae29f45e98ff3edb5b6959cf759.jpg

IMAG0766.jpg

IMAG0765.jpg

IMAG0761.jpg

One thing you have to remember about investing in art is that its not as liquid as gold/silver.  When selling it may take some time to find a buyer at the asking price.

Edited by mr-dead

2 hours ago, Trumar said:

Hello @Madstacks long time no talk. How are you doing? I only see this art talk today and then to see your name again lol, what are you not into lol. I have seen the whale picture stunning piece of art. Have you seen the seahorse that the same artist has done? Probably a stupid question thinking long term, would it go up in value? I have been talking to mr- dead about buying and selling art prints. He definitely knows what he’s talking about, very nice bloke told me all about the urban art association website, that’s where I see the whale picture and then see you mention it on here. small world lol. 

Hi Trumar! yeah been a while mate, im good thank you - i know my collection/investing is quite varied but I think thats a good thing most of the time:) I have seen the seahorse, its flipping incredible but since its a print with an "unlimited" run then no i dont think it ever will, as it can always be reprinted.

Mr dead sure does know his stuff and I have to say Mr-dead "miss universe" is just amazing, im in to astonomy so these really call to me, could not get a supernova print sadly, made the mistake of trying to grab a diamond dust limited and so missed out on the chance of grabbing a standard one. Did not realize quite how fast they sell out!.

@mr-dead how you doing? I just been looking on the urban art website and I just started to laugh as there is so many different styles of pictures. I mean where do you start,  what style do I go with, who’s in who’s not, people’s choice differ so much lol. 

Love them pictures you posted @mr-dead. The 2 little girl pictures are stunning. Know wonder they sold out so quickly.   Do you ever keep any of the art you buy? Or do you put the pictures up for sale as soon as you get them? How did you know John Doe was the one to buy? 

8 hours ago, Trumar said:

Love them pictures you posted @mr-dead. The 2 little girl pictures are stunning. Know wonder they sold out so quickly.   Do you ever keep any of the art you buy? Or do you put the pictures up for sale as soon as you get them? How did you know John Doe was the one to buy? 

I keep some longer term and flip others quicker.

I wouldnt jump straight in with both feet, have a read around on urban art to get a feel for whats in demand at the moment.  Probably a few nice prints out shortly as the artists will want to pay for Xmas :)

• 1 year later...

Something ive recently got into aswell, currently got a Shepard Fairey Blondie print, signed by Debbie Harry, Chris Stein and Shepard Fairey, limited to 450

A signed & numbered print from a famous graffiti artist called MadC

Also managed to pick up a Banksy print which im waiting to see what direction it goes...

Art is a big money maker if you buy from the right people, signed prints by Andy Warhol will sell for £250,000, he painted some soup cans just over 20 years back and now it could buy you a house.

Crazy.

On 22/11/2019 at 18:28, scotland210590 said:

Something ive recently got into aswell, currently got a Shepard Fairey Blondie print, signed by Debbie Harry, Chris Stein and Shepard Fairey, limited to 450

A signed & numbered print from a famous graffiti artist called MadC

Also managed to pick up a Banksy print which im waiting to see what direction it goes...

Art is a big money maker if you buy from the right people, signed prints by Andy Warhol will sell for £250,000, he painted some soup cans just over 20 years back and now it could buy you a house.

Crazy.

Out of interest, do you flip it anywhere other than eBay? I'm thinking to sell these somewhere like a local offline market to bypass the eBay competition of others listing the same thing and racing to the bottom on price.

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use