• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Flipping art, easy money

6 minutes ago, mr-dead said:

@MickB Still learning the ropes myself and he's new to me.

Just googled some of his work and I really like it.

His work is impressive. I need to work harder in order to buy his high end artwork! :)

53 minutes ago, Kman said:

Just looking at his work

This man likes hands lol

He most certainly does like hands. I was drawn to the Trust sculpture whilst I walked past an art gallery window. It had a lot of meaning to my wife when she saw it as it reminded her of when I looked after her when she was ill. I stayed off work at the time and wouldn't leave her side.

And there's me thinking it just looked nice :D

image.jpeg

Just now, MickB said:

And there's me thinking it just looked nice :D

Ooo I like that

Just the hands by themselves meh but that's a beautiful woman 

I like the stuff he does with women and globes 

femaleglobe.jpg

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

19 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

Looks a little like the start of a james bond movie .

I like it.

:D I actually did it myself on photoshop

Used Cara Delevingne's side portrait, smoke paintbrushes, a little inner shadow and ta da lol.  

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Graffiti prints sold some originals on paper today 

Prices are fairly significant, £1000+ some pieces 

https://graffitiprints.myshopify.com/collections/new-releases

Will be interested to see if people resell these and what sort of prices they go for 

Edited by Kman

Cricky - for me a lot of this would go in the skip. i really like pre-Raphelite. When i was richer than i am today i wish i had invested in some of the paintings - they are several multiples of the prices these days.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

A

On 16/09/2018 at 10:56, RoughDog said:

The way this world is today, easy money is not a phrase I would use.

I cannot understand why art is worth crazy money.  The painting of that Lisa women is worth millions, imho she's not what I would call nice looking. 🤣

Most art isn't and you can pick up some very nice art for cheap if you like it.  The guys here are talking money and are trying to make some this is a different story.  Banksy tried to sell his art again  for 60usd .  Urban art can be enjoyed for free the same as fine art I have seen some fantastic street art only for the council to remove it.

You are correct easy money this is the world  today isn't a word I would use. We must conceed a few have never had it so good, f-ck the vast majority!! 

Currently have a nice piece up for sale on ebay:

An original oil on glass piece by the famous artist Henrik Uldalen.

The painting is highly sought after as its the first piece ever created by the artist based on a coloured skin.

Henrik Uldalen:
https://www.henrikaau.com/
https://www.instagram.com/henrikaau/

Exibition Details:

SOLO EXHIBITIONS
2016 Last Rites. New York City, USA
2014 Thinkspace. Los Angeles, USA
2011 Galerie Contour. Skagen, Denmark
2010 Galleri Ramfjord. Oslo, Norway

SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS
2017 "Supersonic Invitational". Spoke Art. San Francisco, USA
2015 Inner State Gallery. “LAX/DTW”. Detroit, USA
2015 Galleri Ramfjord. “Scope Art Show”. New York, USA
2015 LA Muncipal Art Gallery. “20 Years Under The Influence of Juxtapoz”. Los Angeles, USA
2015 Modern Eden. “Platinum Blend”. San Francisco, USA
2015 Hashimoto Contemporary. “The Moleskine Project 4”. San Francisco, USA
2014 Arcadia Contemporary. “Scope Art Fair”. New York, USA
2014 Thinkspace. “LA Art Show”. Los Angeles, USA
2014 Arcadia Contemporary. “LA Art Show”. Los Angeles, USA
2013 Gallery 1261. “Contemporary Realism”. Denver, USA
2012 J. LeVine Gallery. “Art Basel”, Switzerland

CURATION
2017 Paintguide NYC. Booth Gallery. New York, USA
2016 Paintguide LDN. Unit London. London, U.K

Henrik's most recent art exibition:
qeafia7.png

One of his large, building sized pieces filmed as the building was torn down (worth a watch):
mG2R5nF.png

Video of the tear down:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVyJuRPDbcL/?taken-by=henrikaau

References to piece for sale on line:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ7FLYIj4by/?taken-by=henrikaau

Current pictures.
lk8fqx0.jpg

HnToLbR.jpg

hByQnHo.jpg

Provenance:
Original receipt, business card included with the sale along with the confirmation email that can be forwarded.

Picture dimensions:
12.5cm X 18cm

My Ebay listing:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132782469962

In this post apocalyptic world I also accept silver & gold as payment ;)

Edited by mr-dead

• 3 weeks later...

Bansky achieved the ultimate statement yesterday with “Banksy painting Girl With Red Balloon 'self-destructs' after £1m sale at Sotheby's”...

https://news.sky.com/story/banksy-painting-girl-with-red-balloon-self-destructs-after-1m-sale-at-sothebys-11518809

Banksy's Girl With Red Balloon mysteriously shreds after its sale at Sotheby's London. Pic: Sotheby's

I find this incredibly amusing, and can just imagine the reactions by those in the auction house...just awesome! 

Further, by extension, as mentioned in the article, I could see how the artwork would be worth even more, as I think it is now even more poignant to Banksy’s position in the art world.

Edited by CadmiumGreen

I like the shredder stunt too, the expression on the women who were so in love with the image is priceless.  You can just see it on their faces, staring wistfully at an image on the canvas of a girl reaching out and the balloon floating, as if they themselves feel as if they are reaching out with their hearts, their hopes, and their dreaGRRRR GRRR GRRRRRRRR GRRRRR GRRRR GRRRRR

NINTCHDBPICT000439685633.jpg?w=960

In a sea of really BAD postmodern art, this one at least gets to the heart of the matter LOL

Edited by Lowlow

The Banksy stunt is so funny - but so sad b/c i like the painting

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Madstacks said:

Any idea on framing costs for a 60cm x 60cm print? 

DSC08178_1024x1024.jpg

Depends on the type and quality of frame mate. You’re best visiting a few framing companies and finding a design that will go well with the picture and maybe get 3 similar quotes. Sometimes you’ll see a certain frame and pay the extra because you just prefer it.

Added 0 minutes later...

Cool picture though!

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use